If Miami closed down the program who would you root for?

Advertisement
If you root for another team if Canes disbanded the football team, then you aren't a real fan to begin with.

Advertisement
I would probably just be one of those fans that didn't have a team but instead tuned into the games to root against whatever team was on top, that I didn't like.

Advertisement
If you root for another team if Canes disbanded the football team, then you aren't a real fan to begin with.

I love it when people try and determine what makes one a fan or not.

If they disbanded the team (which will never happen), the powers that be would be saying they don't give a crap about you essentially. If at that point someone wanted to invest monetarily or emotionally in another program, who in the world is anyone to say they're wrong for doing so?

When professional teams move cities, LA, Baltimore, etc....what are those fans supposed to do?

Advertisement
Gotta love the idiots who can't take a hypothetical question and can't answer honestly as if someone were going to take their man card if they say something other than "I wouldn't root for anyone" and "you are not a true fan".

Funny thing is I based this question on statements from some of the same tools in here stating its a "feggity" question or that "you are not a real fan". These same morons are the ones constantly stating "shut the program down now" or "the admin is trying to destroy the program" so take that for what it's worth.

Advertisement
Wow. This thread still going, eh? Mods should lock it just for the sake of preserving what little collective dignity we may still have as as a fanbase.

Can't believe this thread survived this long. C'mon mods.

Not really sure why the mods need to be involved. Noone is trolling and the majority of the conversation/responses have actually been somewhat respectable. Literally, the closest thing to attacks have been some fans saying others aren't real fans for responding honestly. I guess you're just looking for another thread discussing why Al Golden sucks so it can devolve into the usual argument that's been going for over 3 years.

I'm surprised it's still getting responses after this long. I'm glad I could contribute a thread that is loosely (very loosely) tied to the state of our program and has actually stayed fairly civil and is not about Al Golden.

Can't believe this thread survived this long. C'mon mods.

Not really sure why the mods need to be involved. Noone is trolling and the majority of the conversation/responses have actually been somewhat respectable. Literally, the closest thing to attacks have been some fans saying others aren't real fans for responding honestly. I guess you're just looking for another thread discussing why Al Golden sucks so it can devolve into the usual argument that's been going for over 3 years.

I'm surprised it's still getting responses after this long. I'm glad I could contribute a thread that is loosely (very loosely) tied to the state of our program and has actually stayed fairly civil and is not about Al Golden.

Not at all concerned about anyone trolling. What I'm talking about is one of thee worst topics I've ever seen on this board. As a Canes fan, I could not and would not ever think about rooting for another program and neither should another Canes fan (not even in a what if scenario). This thread is whack, point blank period.

Advertisement
Back