If Miami closed down the program who would you root for?

I don't think I could ever get into another team like I am(or was) Miami.

I guess I'd root for Oregon and Miss State(live a few hours away and have some close friends that are big fans).

Advertisement
I'd probably continue to do what I do already, watch football from noon noon until 3 am.

I just wouldn't have 4 hours of suffering thrown in somewhere.

If anyone thinks it is an actually possibility that they will disband UM football then they are absolutely crazy.... Some of yall are so miserable with this and have convinced yourself with this "fold the program" mentality. Smh..... Annoying af

They almost did it once before. That's what worries me. They just happened to find Schnelly or there would be no Miami football right now. I wonder just how long the ACC will put up with this BOT's nonsense. They thought they were getting a big time football program when we came aboard. Instead they got another Wake Forest. Definitely not what they wanted.

This. And UAB just shut theirs down.

Advertisement
If anyone thinks it is an actually possibility that they will disband UM football then they are absolutely crazy.... Some of yall are so miserable with this and have convinced yourself with this "fold the program" mentality. Smh..... Annoying af

They almost did it once before. That's what worries me. They just happened to find Schnelly or there would be no Miami football right now. I wonder just how long the ACC will put up with this BOT's nonsense. They thought they were getting a big time football program when we came aboard. Instead they got another Wake Forest. Definitely not what they wanted.

Are you really comparing Miami to UAB. A program that has been to 10 national championships in the last 30 years or so, ridiculous number of NFL stars and future hall of famers?

I'd get a box of kittens and a hungry pit bull, lock them up in a fence, and root for the kittens with all my heart because that would be the closest comparison to the last decade+ of my life regarding Miami sports.

Are you really comparing Miami to UAB. A program that has been to 10 national championships in the last 30 years or so, ridiculous number of NFL stars and future hall of famers?

That means nothing to the smucks on the BOT and in the administration. BUT they do like that ACC check. Howard did more than just save football at Miami; he saved college football and started it on the road to mega $$$$. Miami administration had to tolerate football after Howard and needed it to win because we were independent who got overabundance of the then ncaa controlled TV $$$. Televised games were limited and THE U was ratings monster after JJ got here. We keep the whole check. Once we got into conference things changed. Now in the ACC with TV $$$ shared evenly, the smucks do not need wins. BUT I doubt they can do away with football and not get throw out of ACC.

MAybe FUI will have the resources then to become Miami's team. But i still wont switch or watch.

Advertisement
in 14 years when my kid goes to college, i'll become a fan of that team.

Let's go Fighting Devrys!

Good question. I would say FIU but that would be the same torture as being a Miami fan. I think I'll go with...

Clemson, Tennessee, or Georgia. At least they show effort in improving their programs.

I have no idea. You don't just pick a team. You fall in love with one.

Honestly, at this point, if they shut down the program my Saturdays would be a LOT HAPPIER. I don't think the admins are trying at this point. Al golden is a nothing. He can't coach. He can't win. He's a #$!#$!@. Shalala was awful for football too. Just look at when she took over and what the team has done since. Blake James is a puppet with no balls. The school's football program is in the toilet.

Either try or quit. Don't pretend.

UGA

And I'd never stop watching college football. Ever. Its ridiculous everyone saying that they would.

Your telling me you can't watch a game without the Hurricanes or your favorite NFL team in it? Really?

yeah kinda

haven't kept upt with it in almost 5 years now, couldn't even tell you who the championship in 12 or 13 actually off the top of my head, think one was auburn and fsu won it in 14 or was that 13?

Advertisement
I would root for every other 4 year school in florida's academic rankings so that miami can go back to what it was without football, all about the Suntan U.

Advertisement
I would root for every other 4 year school in florida's academic rankings so that miami can go back to what it was without football, all about the Suntan U.

That's pretty good.

I wouldn't follow any team in particular. I've always said I want the MNC to go through the state of FL, but that wouldn't even really matter.

I'd probably just watch the occasional big game and a few others through the year. As I've gotten older, a family, kids through marriage and one of our own, my interest has been waning as it is. There's only so much time in the day and it's now spent in other ways than watching college football all Saturday long.

Advertisement
Back