If I told you in February 2019...

Thanks bro; and I cant remember what thread I said it in, but my only optimism this yr is b/c of Lashlee & King combo. That’s y I keep harping there’s no excuses this yr. We have all the ingredients to be a ACC Coastal champion, and that’s every year, honestly....but Lashlee is our best OC in a while. If the offense is truly the problem....if those locker room cancers that are now gone truly the problem, then we should see no less than 10 wins this season w this schedule.

I may be drinking the Kool Aid. But IMO Lashlee, Likens and Justice are massive trade ups. And King is the QB we need. I don’t think he’s a shoe-in first rounder like some people say. But he’s good enough to cut through Coastal defenses like a hot knife through butter.

It’s all about the Ws this season. 10+ and an ACCCG appearance.

Advertisement
I may be drinking the Kool Aid. But IMO Lashlee, Likens and Justice are massive trade ups. And King is the QB we need. I don’t think he’s a shoe-in first rounder like some people say. But he’s good enough to cut through Coastal defenses like a hot knife through butter.

It’s all about the Ws this season. 10+ and an ACCCG appearance.

All we can hope for. There’s no reason why, for real!

Blah, blah, blah. Same ol' bullsh't from this program.

Recruit top 15 talent and then finish in the bottom half in the Coastal. I'm not celebrating sh't about this team until I see our staff put this team in a position to succeed for a change. Tired of celebrating good recruiting classes only for this team to disappoint again.

Advertisement
Yeah even this class didn’t turn out to be elite, it’s still very good, especially seeing our record last season

Who has the most potential to contribute right away?
I NEVER would have said this a year ago, but I’m 100% convinced it will be Don Chaney Jr.
Losing spring has given him the ultimate advantage. He’s the smartest person on the team bar none. He’ll be mentally prepared and he’s beyond ahead in his recovery. He’ll be full contact practice one. He’s a ******* physical freak.

LB- Tirek Austin-Cave 3 star
LB- Corey Flagg 3 star
S- Avantae Williams 4/5 star *elite*
S- Jalen Harrell 4 star 247
S- Brian Balom 3 star
S- Keyshawn Washington 4 star rivals
CB- Isaiah Dunson 4 star rivals
CB- Marcus Clarke 3 star

It's a decent haul. Better than "not good." But if you look closer, I think there are some steals. Cave landed a lot of P5 offers. 162 tackles, meaning he averaged 13.5 tackles per game. Thats a Zach Thomas-like tackling machine.

Flagg landed a lot of P5 offers as well. 144 tackles. 33 TFL. Also a tackling machine.
Sometimes people fall in love with measurables and ignore the football playing abilities. Looks like Miami is putting a premium on tackling ability. I am quite happy with that strategy.
One thing I like about Austin-Cave and Flagg is that they played linebacker in high school and had similar responsibilities to what they’ll have here. It’s a break from signing high school defensive ends and trying to make them linebackers. Not saying that always fails because Brooks looked solid in limited action but how can they evaluate a kid when he’s not doing anything in the field that he’s going to be doing in college?

Advertisement
Diaz has at least shown a willingness to adapt and immediately address team issues. Can’t say that about our previous coaRches.
As a former player, former coach and current official, this is an underrated element of a coach. Can he adjust, or better yet, will he adjust? Manny is a young coach, learning on the fly in a MAJOR market, heck he's getting it worse than some NFL head coaches, but he hasn't flinched and he's shown he's COMMITTED to ensuring our offense is at minimum top 30 going forward. Top 30 offense and Top 30 D is a recipe for AT WORSE an annual trip to a NY6 Bowl game, and 10/11 win seasons.

Our 2020 kids stick with Manny only because they seen that Manny realized his mistake in Enos and quickly corrected it because he was out pretty much after the Duke game...

Advertisement
As a former player, former coach and current official, this is an underrated element of a coach. Can he adjust, or better yet, will he adjust? Manny is a young coach, learning on the fly in a MAJOR market, heck he's getting it worse than some NFL head coaches, but he hasn't flinched and he's shown he's COMMITTED to ensuring our offense is at minimum top 30 going forward. Top 30 offense and Top 30 D is a recipe for AT WORSE an annual trip to a NY6 Bowl game, and 10/11 win seasons.

Our 2020 kids stick with Manny only because they seen that Manny realized his mistake in Enos and quickly corrected it because he was out pretty much after the Duke game...
The University of Miami has NO BUSINESS only being a Top 30 Defense and Offense...Every yr we should have a Top 10-15 for both....

Blah, blah, blah. Same ol' bullsh't from this program.

Recruit top 15 talent and then finish in the bottom half in the Coastal. I'm not celebrating sh't about this team until I see our staff put this team in a position to succeed for a change. Tired of celebrating good recruiting classes only for this team to disappoint again.

All of this

Advertisement
Leave 2019 back in the year, positive vibes only✊🏾💯. No matter what way you slice it Isaiah walker is an elite get. Don’t have to be the negative Nancy all the time. I Guarantee you usc fans weren’t doing that when they got bru McCoy and Chris steele who’s recruitment were each much more crazier than Issiah walkers.
No matter what way you slice it Isaiah walker is an elite get. Don’t have to be the negative Nancy all the time. I Guarantee you usc fans weren’t doing that when they got bru McCoy and Chris steele who’s recruitment were each much more crazier than Issiah walkers.

This☝️

No doubt; which makes the 6-7 season more head scratching.

Let’s be real my g; Miami ain’t never been hurting for talent. On paper, we’ve been the 3rd most talented team in the whole ACC for the past, at least, 7 yrs running. Like @Liberty City El said (and I’ve noticed we’ve been on the same wave length for a minute now), talent hasn’t been our problem, coaching has. We got the parts, and someone said it best: Shannon, Golden, now Diaz have all been given a 1st yr coach boost. Richt is an exception, b/c his first yr class was #12, but after that 10 win season, the class of 18 was #8.

Shannon:
2007 5-7
2008 #1 recruiting class (best ranked class)

Golden:
2011: 6-6 (w sanctions)
2012: #10 recruiting class (best ranked class)

Diaz:
2019: 6-7
2020: #13 recruiting class

So it’s not unusual for a team to chit the bed here, and then the following season we bring in a nice class on paper. I think we’ve been so numb to chit, we forget chit. So I’m just reminding everyone, b/c I hate to see this vicious cycle of hyping up off season moves, when we have a history of the moves not working b/c of the head guy. Not being a party pooper v. throwing caution to the wind w threads like these. Hopefully, and I like I said b4, I would love to be pleasantly surprised.
CMD biggest mistake in the 2019 off-season was not bringing in a true spread OC. He got caught up in the "name game" and allows Enos to convince him that he'd "implement" elements of the spread to his pro style attack. CMD would've gone with his gut and hired the "Lashlee style O" that he envisioned, 6-7 would've never happened. Have to realize that absent the final 3 games, every game we lost was 1 possession (correct me if I'm wrong), and guys, this was with an offensive system that CLEARLY wasn't a good fit for us. Guys will say oh a Top 25-30 offense should never be spoken of at UM but had we had that last year we'd been undefeated coming into the ACC Title game.

For 2019 we didn't have a serviceable offensive line, nor an OL coach who could train them up, nor an offensive coordinator who could account for that in his game plan.

Yes, that's on Manny for hiring the coaching staff. Once the season was underway, there was no chance to salvage it once it was discovered that Enos and Barry were incompetent. This is it, this is the second chance. Diaz has shown that he at least recognized the problem and is willing to correct it.

Now he has no more excuses.

Advertisement
Back