If I told you in February 2019...

So glad to see all the manginas hedging their bets here in case the team sucks again. I had no idea we weren't guaranteed to be awesome just based upon the off-season so thanks for enlightening us.

For the record, you should be somewhat celebratory now based upon your own astute observations. If we always suck during the season, now is exactly the time to actually be (cautiously) optimistic.

Advertisement
Like I said many times during this off season, Manny has no excuses now. He backed himself in a corner w his mouth and antics. OK, so this 6-7 we had wasn’t based upon him or his side of the ball, but it was b/c of cancers in the locker room, both from a player and offensive coaching standpoint based upon “anonymous sources” and his 2nd stint of overhauling the entire offense.

So the alleged cancers are gone, we’re supposed to have competition at all positions, these are all his recruits (either directly or indirectly), and he hired a guy who just coached an offense that ranked #7 in the nation. Manny has backed himself in a corner again by these moves and these “sources” leaking info to the press to absolve him of responsibility. Now, he has ABSOLUTELY no excuses. This is yr #5 here at Miami, and he’s been pointing the finger at the other side for a while now, so let’s see.

Yup-well said. Agreed.

Hopefully for the team’s sake, all of his ‘self-preservation’ tactics translate into wins. That’s the only thing left to do. Save your job. Win games. Keep saving your job by keep on winning games.

(cautiously optimistic) But I’ve said that before. 🤨

Incredible really. I don’t understand how our “fans” still say this staff can’t recruit...

It’s been said a million times about other classes, but I really think this class will be a huge building block to getting us back to national prominence. Not just bc of their talent but the mental toughness to stick with us through a truly horrible season with the lowest of low points. I don’t see this crew quitting when things get tough.

Time will tell but between the 2020 class, offensive staff hires and King, I’m feeling very optimistic about our future.
The problem arrives when the staff(and the previous 3 staffs) start coaching all the talent. After that, team hit the field and is is downhill from then - exempt one year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's different than anything we've had here in a very long time. He's special...and he's gonna eat in Lashlee's spread.
Huge fan of his style and game. I think his potential to play bigger is understated. I've been really curious to see if his body evolves one level up to be like Josh Jacobs. I've seen the Lamichael James comparisons (I presume because of those great feet bc Knighton is the same size now as a near 23 year old James was going into NFL), and I see Knighton squat better as a HS senior than James did at the end of his college career.

Knighton's cutback style, the way he plants his foot, and accelerates upfield are all more similar to players like Jacobs and Duke Johnson. On a field where players will finally be spread across the 53 1/3 AND vertically, guys like Knighton are a nightmare against LBs and Safeties trying to fill alleys.

If you come across a Manuela supporter, kindly show that muppet the door 👇

aYsWXBUJGKjrq.gif

..that we would land the following class, we all would've signed up. To land these kids after a 6-7 season is truly remarkable:

QB- Tyler Van Dyke
RB- Don Chaney
RB- Jaylan Knighton
WR- Michael Redding
WR- Xavier Restrepo
WR- Daz Worsham
WR- Keyshawn Smith
OT- Isaiah Walker
OT- Jalen Rivers
OT- Chris Washington
TE- Dominic Mammarelli

DE- Chantz Williams
DE- Quentin Williams
DT- Elijah Roberts
LB- Tirek Austin-Cave
LB- Corey Flagg
S- Avantae Williams
S- Jalen Harrell
S- Brian Balom
S- Keyshawn Washington
CB- Isaiah Dunson
CB- Marcus Clarke

GT- D'Eriq King
GT- Quincy Roche
GT- Jose Borreagales

I have mixed feelings on Walker. He's a kid who committed to three schools and hasn't shown whether he can respond to adversity. We've had issues with guys like that. But ultimately, he's an 18-year-old kid. He's not a cornerstone of our team. I would take it slow with him and allow him to adjust physically and mentally to college. Once he proves he can be relied upon, then you put him in the game.

As a prospect, he has the feet we need at tackle and is a perfect complement to the interior guys we're recruiting this cycle.
We’ll find out how good it is when we see whether our evals have improved. We’ve all (myself included) convinced ourselves far too often over the past 15 years that our recruiting classes were solid, and we’ve almost always been inflated in our expectations.

If TVD is a hit, it’ll make up for a lot - we haven’t had a legit QB in ages.

My $0.02 off what I remember thinking from last fall: Walker looks to have the physical potential to be an elite OL. We’ll see on the mental side. Rivers I see as a solid kid, will start a lot of games and be above average. RBs are really talented. Hopefully 1 of the WRs is legot. No strong instinct there but don’t see any as stars. Know the least about Smith. TE looks like a good take, not a star but better than a role player. If he develops physically, could be a strong contributor.

On D: all DL takes seem like contributors. Guessing 1 ends up a front line type kid (Top 4 round pick). TAC looks promising to me. We’ll see. 1 of those safeties is going to be an all acc level kid, and overall we should log great time from them. Hoping on a cb to develop. Really like clarke’s potential.

The transfers are good, just only 1 year for each of them.

Advertisement
That OL class could be good. More bodies would have been nice but walker is a great prospect and rivers will either be a good RT for us or a good guard. High floor prospect. Washington who knows. But we landed some big fish like Chaney knighton Tae and then some seriously great transfers. Jose will be huge for us man. Such a luxury having a good kicker

Advertisement
Good enough to take Harris' spot? How will the Knighton/Chaney duo be used, do you think?

Knighton and Chaney have the potential to be a duo that has 1k yards each in the same season. I think Knighton and Chaney are both more talented than Harris. Knighton can definitely take his spot, but I'd bet on Harris having the most carries/yards this season. In the future I expect to see Knighton catch a lot of passes and be utilized well in the spread like Coach Macho said. He can run inside because his toughness, break outside from an inside run or take an outside run to the house. He leaves it out on the field every play and it'll show. Has that DJ Dallas leave it on the field heart. Knighton's open field cuts make defenders look like they're in quicksand. Macho knows much more about Knighton than me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harris is a grown man and has the makings of a punishing bell cow.

Let's get Knighton involved in the passing game early and often, with a few carries for Chaney sprinkled in.

Advertisement
Back