If I told you in February 2019...

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
..that we would land the following class, we all would've signed up. To land these kids after a 6-7 season is truly remarkable:

QB- Tyler Van Dyke
RB- Don Chaney
RB- Jaylan Knighton
WR- Michael Redding
WR- Xavier Restrepo
WR- Daz Worsham
WR- Keyshawn Smith
OT- Isaiah Walker
OT- Jalen Rivers
OT- Chris Washington
TE- Dominic Mammarelli

DE- Chantz Williams
DE- Quentin Williams
DT- Elijah Roberts
LB- Tirek Austin-Cave
LB- Corey Flagg
S- Avantae Williams
S- Jalen Harrell
S- Brian Balom
S- Keyshawn Washington
CB- Isaiah Dunson
CB- Marcus Clarke

GT- D'Eriq King
GT- Quincy Roche
GT- Jose Borreagales

I have mixed feelings on Walker. He's a kid who committed to three schools and hasn't shown whether he can respond to adversity. We've had issues with guys like that. But ultimately, he's an 18-year-old kid. He's not a cornerstone of our team. I would take it slow with him and allow him to adjust physically and mentally to college. Once he proves he can be relied upon, then you put him in the game.

As a prospect, he has the feet we need at tackle and is a perfect complement to the interior guys we're recruiting this cycle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
..that we would land the following class, we all would've signed up. To land these kids after a 6-7 season is truly remarkable:

QB- Tyler Van Dyke
RB- Don Chaney
RB- Jaylan Knighton
WR- Michael Redding
WR- Xavier Restrepo
WR- Daz Worsham
WR- Keyshawn Smith
OT- Isaiah Walker
OT- Jalen Rivers
OT- Chris Washington
TE- Dominic Mammarelli

DE- Chantz Williams
DE- Quentin Williams
DT- Elijah Roberts
LB- Tired Austin-Cave
LB- Corey Flagg
S- Avantae Williams
S- Jalen Harrell
S- Brian Balom
S- Keyshawn Washington
CB- Isaiah Dunson
CB- Marcus Clarke

GT- D'Eriq King
GT- Quincy Roche
GT- Jose Borreagales

I have mixed feelings on Walker. He's a kid who committed to three schools and hasn't shown whether he can respond to adversity. We've had issues with guys like that. But ultimately, he's an 18-year-old kid. He's not a cornerstone of our team. I would take it slow with him and allow him to adjust physically and mentally to college. Once he proves he can be relied upon, then you put him the game.

As a prospect, he has the feet we need at tackle and is a perfect complement to the interior guys we're recruiting this cycle.

COTDAMM excuse peddler there's nothing remarkable about 6-7

Manny as a coach willing to address reality and fill needs by any means necessary is what keeps me bought in. Yes, he has to show it on field, we all know that, but we have to be jacked by the progress we've made with personnel despite adversity.

Advertisement

QB- Tyler Van Dyke
RB- Don Chaney
RB- Jaylan Knighton
WR- Michael Redding
WR- Xavier Restrepo
WR- Daz Worsham
WR- Keyshawn Smith
OT- Isaiah Walker
OT- Jalen Rivers
OT- Chris Washington
TE- Dominic Mammarelli

DE- Chantz Williams
DE- Quentin Williams
DT- Elijah Roberts
LB- Tired Austin-Cave
LB- Corey Flagg
S- Avantae Williams
S- Jalen Harrell
S- Brian Balom
S- Keyshawn Washington
CB- Isaiah Dunson
CB- Marcus Clarke

GT- D'Eriq King
GT- Quincy Roche
GT- Jose Borreagales

I have mixed feelings on Walker. He's a kid who committed to three schools and hasn't shown whether he can respond to adversity. We've had issues with guys like that. But ultimately, he's an 18-year-old kid. He's not a cornerstone of our team. I would take it slow with him and allow him to adjust physically and mentally to college. Once he proves he can be relied upon, then you put him the game.

Do we still have room for Jarrid Williams?

Incredible really. I don’t understand how our “fans” still say this staff can’t recruit...

It’s been said a million times about other classes, but I really think this class will be a huge building block to getting us back to national prominence. Not just bc of their talent but the mental toughness to stick with us through a truly horrible season with the lowest of low points. I don’t see this crew quitting when things get tough.

Time will tell but between the 2020 class, offensive staff hires and King, I’m feeling very optimistic about our future.

Advertisement
i think the question of whether the staff can "recruit" is still up for debate. one thing you can absolutely say about manny though is that the guy is very quick to attack problem areas with major moves -- transfers, coaching changes etc. will it work out who knows, but this is the second straight offseason where he has been extremely aggressive and efficient in trying to fix very blatant issues.

QB- Tyler Van Dyke
RB- Don Chaney
RB- Jaylan Knighton
WR- Michael Redding
WR- Xavier Restrepo
WR- Daz Worsham
WR- Keyshawn Smith
OT- Isaiah Walker
OT- Jalen Rivers
OT- Chris Washington
TE- Dominic Mammarelli

DE- Chantz Williams
DE- Quentin Williams
DT- Elijah Roberts
LB- Tired Austin-Cave
LB- Corey Flagg
S- Avantae Williams
S- Jalen Harrell
S- Brian Balom
S- Keyshawn Washington
CB- Isaiah Dunson
CB- Marcus Clarke

GT- D'Eriq King
GT- Quincy Roche
GT- Jose Borreagales

I have mixed feelings on Walker. He's a kid who committed to three schools and hasn't shown whether he can respond to adversity. We've had issues with guys like that. But ultimately, he's an 18-year-old kid. He's not a cornerstone of our team. I would take it slow with him and allow him to adjust physically and mentally to college. Once he proves he can be relied upon, then you put him in the game.

Really weary of this precedent. Great get but it might be a bigger **** show moving forward. Also Rivers is alot better at the moment.

Advertisement
i think the question of whether the staff can "recruit" is still up for debate. one thing you can absolutely say about manny though is that the guy is very quick to attack problem areas with major moves -- transfers, coaching changes etc. will it work out who knows, but this is the second straight offseason where he has been extremely aggressive and efficient in trying to fix very blatant issues.

Agree with all of this. I've been very hard on Manny, but in absolute fairness I have to say that he has done everything I could have asked of a head coach coming off a bad season. He landed the 13th ranked class, brought in D King, nabbed Roche, overhauled the offensive coaching staff, fired Enos and brought in Lashlee to transform us to a spread offense, landed Issiah Walker...

Everything is in place, Manny. No more excuses. Win on the cot **** field!!

Manny as a coach willing to address reality and fill needs by any means necessary is what keeps me bought in. Yes, he has to show it on field, we all know that, but we have to be jacked by the progress we've made with personnel despite adversity.
As long as we look like a bunch of dancing queens, we will never be tough enough to win big.

Advertisement
Agree but in order for us to take the next step he has to realize his little buddies aren’t cutting it. Patke, Baker, Rumph, and arguably Banda can all kick rocks.

Advertisement
Back