If I told you in February 2019...

This is how bad teams get better. You cut bait on coaches who weren’t pulling their weight and you bring in as much new talent as you possibly can. This class is much better than Richt’s first year “bump” class in 2017. Richt’s best class was his second year 2018 class, which not surprisingly came after a 10 win season.
And I think these kids are just a different mindset than 2018

Advertisement
That's great, but it doesn't mean crap if we don't win 9 or 10 games from this Boise State-ish schedule we have coming up this year.

Punching above your weight class in recruiting means NOTHING from a relative standpoint if you don't follow it up with wins on the field that SHOULD be happening. It's not like we're asking for major upsets or a national title...we just want to stop losing games we have no business losing.

He needs to parlay this recruiting class with a successful season that will lead to an even better recruiting class next year. Once that ball gets rolling the right direction we can break the vicious cycle of the last 2 decades. Otherwise, this "better than expected recruiting class" will just go down as ANOTHER wasted group of kids.

Listen, Manny is unfortunately our only hope because nobody in that admin building has an urgency to win on a grand scale and neither Blake or Manny are getting fired yet. I don't think Manny is a dumb guy....but let's just hope last year was the "learning on the job" curve and this year we get dramatically different results because there is no other realistic solution on the horizon.

..that we would land the following class, we all would've signed up. To land these kids after a 6-7 season is truly remarkable:

QB- Tyler Van Dyke
RB- Don Chaney
RB- Jaylan Knighton
WR- Michael Redding
WR- Xavier Restrepo
WR- Daz Worsham
WR- Keyshawn Smith
OT- Isaiah Walker
OT- Jalen Rivers
OT- Chris Washington
TE- Dominic Mammarelli

DE- Chantz Williams
DE- Quentin Williams
DT- Elijah Roberts
LB- Tirek Austin-Cave
LB- Corey Flagg
S- Avantae Williams
S- Jalen Harrell
S- Brian Balom
S- Keyshawn Washington
CB- Isaiah Dunson
CB- Marcus Clarke

GT- D'Eriq King
GT- Quincy Roche
GT- Jose Borreagales

I have mixed feelings on Walker. He's a kid who committed to three schools and hasn't shown whether he can respond to adversity. We've had issues with guys like that. But ultimately, he's an 18-year-old kid. He's not a cornerstone of our team. I would take it slow with him and allow him to adjust physically and mentally to college. Once he proves he can be relied upon, then you put him in the game.

As a prospect, he has the feet we need at tackle and is a perfect complement to the interior guys we're recruiting this cycle.

still have dIAZ..... if Miami doesnt win 10 games this season he should be fired......well he should already be fired

Qb, RB, S and OL are Elite hauls including transfers. The other positions are high level but not elite. Sick class however you slice it.

good post OP

Its a pretty good ******* class on paper and the transfers were the best on the market at their positions...two of them were the absolute top two transfers on the market.

Yeah, brother...its a pretty impressive haul, especially after a 6-7 season.

With Walker, we'd be #9 class, I believe?

Advertisement
Why do I always have to be the bad guy. Smh.

So let’s talk 2019-2020:
We were the kings of the off season
-We welcomes home JT4
-We convinced Jarren to stay
-Took in transfers Osborne, Phillips, Martin, Hill, Martell, Kennedy, Bolden, and Nnoruka.
-We said goodbye to Cager, Mahoney, Ezzard, Feagles, and Pink Eye Cade. We mocked them on their way out, saying they weren’t good enough to be here, and Manny was cleaning house.
-Manny swept clean the entire offensive staff, piecing together his vision of an offense.
-He waited, and waited, and waited some more before we saw a home run tweet of hire.....that hire was Enos.
-We heard Manny say we’ll be fast, physical, and we’ll keep scoring until the other team stops us.
-We heard our offense will mirror our defense, and we gotta make sure our players go through a rigorous training b/c it’ll be a track meet.
-We heard Manny use catch phrases from great Miami teams, go on different shows to highlight his humble beginnings and how his grandmother was the driving force for his father and himself to succeed.
-We saw TNM slogan’d all off season.
-We saw Feeley in 30 sec clips, Baby Njoku making ridiculous catches in 30 sec clips, pics of “body transformations.” Everyone was a beast.
-We saw Diaz having fun in the locker room throwing water on himself & players.
-We saw Diaz go to Nike coaching clinics in Adidas gear saying “the party is over here” as he clowns FSU.

We saw all of this, and then the season happened. Out of all those transfers, only Osborne panned out. Hill was a locker room problem; Williams didn’t take chit serious. Martell went on a hiatus. Phillips couldn’t play. Bolden got injured. Nnoruka was never to be found. We forgot Kennedy was on the team. JT4 allegedly was a locker room problem. Martin transferred, AGAIN. Meanwhile we also had Hightower, Njoku, and Reed leave. Most called Hightower a quitter..............

So we’ve talking about character issues, and a full yr later, we take Walker. A guy who was committed to 3 teams, and tried to decommit from UF b/c they spelled his name wrong. He signs his LOI, and b/c he’s not happy he leaves again. Chooses us, the new 2nd Chance U.

I’m not sure what the season will bring, and I told everyone I had mixed feeling about Walker in the sense we need talent help, BUT if we have a culture problem, an image problem....welcoming kids who **** on us, kids who appear to have problems w overcoming adversity, is probably not a good look.

Yes Diaz is the off season champ again, but I needed to remind all we’ve been here before. Let’s let the season play out.

So let’s talk 2019-2020:
-We welcomes home JT4
-Took in transfers Osborne, Phillips, Martin, Hill, Martell, Kennedy, Bolden, and Nnoruka.
-We said goodbye to Cager, Mahoney, Ezzard, Feagles, and Pink Eye Cade. We mocked them on their way out, saying they weren’t good enough to be here, and Manny was cleaning house.
-Manny swept clean the entire offensive staff, piecing together his vision of an offense.
-He waited, and waited, and waited some more before we saw a home run tweet of hire.....that hire was Enos.
-We heard Manny say we’ll be fast, physical, and we’ll keep scoring until the other team stops us.
-We heard our offense will mirror our defense, and we gotta make sure our players go through a rigorous training b/c it’ll be a track meet.
-We heard Manny use catch phrases from great Miami teams, go on different shows to highlight his humble beginnings and how his grandmother was the driving force for his father and himself to succeed.
-We saw Feeley in 30 sec clips, Baby Njoku making ridiculous catches in 30 sec clips, pics of “body transformations.” Everyone was a beast.
-We saw Diaz go to Nike coaching clinics in Adidas gear saying “the party is over here” as he clowns FSU.

We saw all of this, and then the season happened. Out of all those transfers, only Osborne panned out. Hill was a locker room problem; Williams didn’t take chit serious. Martell went on a hiatus. Phillips couldn’t play. Bolden got injured. Nnoruka was never to be found. We forgot Kennedy was on the team. JT4 allegedly was a locker room problem. Martin transferred, AGAIN. Meanwhile we also had Hightower, Njoku, and Reed leave. Most called Hightower a quitter..............

So we’ve talking about character issues, and a full yr later, we take Walker. A guy who was committed to 3 teams, and tried to decommit from UF b/c they spelled his name wrong. He signs his LOI, and b/c he’s not happy he leaves again. Chooses us, the new 2nd Chance U.

I’m not sure what the season will bring, and I told everyone I had mixed feeling about Walker in the sense we need talent help, BUT if we have a culture problem, an image problem....welcoming kids who **** on us, kids who appear to have problems w overcoming adversity, is probably not a good look.

Yes Diaz is the off season champ again, but I needed to remind all we’ve been here before. Let’s let the season play out.
Leave 2019 back in the year, positive vibes only✊🏾💯. No matter what way you slice it Isaiah walker is an elite get. Don’t have to be the negative Nancy all the time. I Guarantee you usc fans weren’t doing that when they got bru McCoy and Chris steele who’s recruitment were each much more crazier than Issiah walkers.

..that we would land the following class, we all would've signed up. To land these kids after a 6-7 season is truly remarkable:

QB- Tyler Van Dyke
RB- Don Chaney
RB- Jaylan Knighton
WR- Michael Redding
WR- Xavier Restrepo
WR- Daz Worsham
WR- Keyshawn Smith
OT- Isaiah Walker
OT- Jalen Rivers
OT- Chris Washington
TE- Dominic Mammarelli

DE- Chantz Williams
DE- Quentin Williams
DT- Elijah Roberts
LB- Tirek Austin-Cave
LB- Corey Flagg
S- Avantae Williams
S- Jalen Harrell
S- Brian Balom
S- Keyshawn Washington
CB- Isaiah Dunson
CB- Marcus Clarke

GT- D'Eriq King
GT- Quincy Roche
GT- Jose Borreagales

I have mixed feelings on Walker. He's a kid who committed to three schools and hasn't shown whether he can respond to adversity. We've had issues with guys like that. But ultimately, he's an 18-year-old kid. He's not a cornerstone of our team. I would take it slow with him and allow him to adjust physically and mentally to college. Once he proves he can be relied upon, then you put him in the game.

As a prospect, he has the feet we need at tackle and is a perfect complement to the interior guys we're recruiting this cycle.

I would have responded to you how in the **** did we go 6-7 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Advertisement
They can recruit on Offense very well, regardless of the staff offensive recruiting over the last 4 years has been very good.

Defense is a different story. We've done well in Safety & DL recruiting, LB & CB recruiting still leaves a lot to be desired.

With that said, recruiting has never really been an issue for Miami, it's Coaching, evals & development where they've come up short for the last decade +.

But, hopefully that changes this year with King & Lashlee. If it wasn't for this God forsaken pandemic & all things were normal we'd be in prime position to make a big run this year.
Most would tell this staff can’t ******* recruit worth a ****😭🤣

F94493A5-3649-46D4-9B90-5DBDFF4285A8.jpeg

So let’s talk 2019-2020:
-We welcomes home JT4

You’re not wrong. Harsh reality but you’re not wrong.But we're (Manny) is kinda backed into a corner.

Regarding the Walker, beggars can’t be choosers. We HAD to take him back here. And yes, it does feel different than Seantrel or some other transfers...mainly cause we stink now. If we had any decent depth or options, we can tell a kid to kick rocks. But, at least now, that’s not our luxury.

Regarding Manny-yes, jury is out. He says all the right things and works the portal again to our roster’s advantage. A decent roster now has to put up some W’s. All this certainly needs to translate into wins.

If he feels the heat on his coaching seat, I guess that’s a good thing. If he’s in self-preservation mode and ‘win now’ mode, good. Only thing that cools a hot coaching seat and quiets a riotous crowd demanding wins, are...wins.

Only thing left to do is win. Win or leave.

Advertisement

QB- Tyler Van Dyke
RB- Don Chaney
RB- Jaylan Knighton
WR- Michael Redding
WR- Xavier Restrepo
WR- Daz Worsham
WR- Keyshawn Smith
OT- Isaiah Walker
OT- Jalen Rivers
OT- Chris Washington
TE- Dominic Mammarelli

DE- Chantz Williams
DE- Quentin Williams
DT- Elijah Roberts
LB- Tirek Austin-Cave
LB- Corey Flagg
S- Avantae Williams
S- Jalen Harrell
S- Brian Balom
S- Keyshawn Washington
CB- Isaiah Dunson
CB- Marcus Clarke

GT- D'Eriq King
GT- Quincy Roche
GT- Jose Borreagales

I’d ask “so we ******* or nah”

You’re not wrong. Harsh reality but you’re not wrong.But we're (Manny) is kinda backed into a corner.

Regarding the Walker, beggars can’t be choosers. We HAD to take him back here. And yes, it does feel different than Seantrel or some other transfers...mainly cause we stink now. If we had any decent depth or options, we can tell a kid to kick rocks. But, at least now, that’s not our luxury.

Regarding Manny-yes, jury is out. He says all the right things and works the portal again to our roster’s advantage. A decent roster now has to put up some W’s. All this certainly needs to translate into wins.

If he feels the heat on his coaching seat, I guess that’s a good thing. If he’s in self-preservation mode and ‘win now’ mode, good. Only thing that cools a hot coaching seat and quiets a riotous crowd demanding wins, are...wins.

Only thing left to do is win. Win or leave.

Like I said many times during this off season, Manny has no excuses now. He backed himself in a corner w his mouth and antics. OK, so this 6-7 we had wasn’t based upon him or his side of the ball, but it was b/c of cancers in the locker room, both from a player and offensive coaching standpoint based upon “anonymous sources” and his 2nd stint of overhauling the entire offense.

So the alleged cancers are gone, we’re supposed to have competition at all positions, these are all his recruits (either directly or indirectly), and he hired a guy who just coached an offense that ranked #7 in the nation. Manny has backed himself in a corner again by these moves and these “sources” leaking info to the press to absolve him of responsibility. Now, he has ABSOLUTELY no excuses. This is yr #5 here at Miami, and he’s been pointing the finger at the other side for a while now, so let’s see.

Diaz has at least shown a willingness to adapt and immediately address team issues. Can’t say that about our previous coaRches.

Mandy is just like the other failed coaches' before him with his lust for hiring friends and refusing to fire them

Banda = NoD
Baker = Paul Williams

Advertisement
Leave 2019 back in the year, positive vibes only✊🏾💯. No matter what way you slice it Isaiah walker is an elite get. Don’t have to be the negative Nancy all the time. I Guarantee you usc fans weren’t doing that when they got bru McCoy and Chris steele who’s recruitment were each much more crazier than Issiah walkers.

U tend to confuse reality w negativity. Reality is this is yr 2 as being off season champs. The reality is we have a culture problem of entitlement and we’re fueling the fire by accepting entitled kids, and not having the strong enough leadership to correct such thinking. The reality is fans were complaining and calling BH out of his name for looking for greener pastures, yet are praising Manny picking up a kid who tried to decommit b/c of the spelling of his name.

I live in reality, and the reality is every off season we’re calling kids elite, calling coaching staffs savages, and the two never pan out, leaving ppl disappointed and angry. The reality is, Walker may become the best OL we ever picked up; Diaz may win coach of the year....we may go to the ACCCG w King at the helm; but wisdom and past experiences should tell us to wait and see b4 pouring champagne on ourselves for another off season paper championship. Let’s stop being Nick Young throwing up the 3 while turning to the crowd, b4 the shot actually goes in.

And for the record, Steele transferred from UF b/c he didn’t want to be roommates w a guy who sexually assaulted females, and when UF denied his request, he left. (I would’ve too). McCoy definitely got flack from SC fans. All of my college friends r SC fans, and they ripped Bru.

The LB and DB recruiting has not been good for some time now.

LB- Tirek Austin-Cave 3 star
LB- Corey Flagg 3 star
S- Avantae Williams 4/5 star *elite*
S- Jalen Harrell 4 star 247
S- Brian Balom 3 star
S- Keyshawn Washington 4 star rivals
CB- Isaiah Dunson 4 star rivals
CB- Marcus Clarke 3 star

It's a decent haul. Better than "not good." But if you look closer, I think there are some steals. Cave landed a lot of P5 offers. 162 tackles, meaning he averaged 13.5 tackles per game. Thats a Zach Thomas-like tackling machine.

Flagg landed a lot of P5 offers as well. 144 tackles. 33 TFL. Also a tackling machine.
Sometimes people fall in love with measurables and ignore the football playing abilities. Looks like Miami is putting a premium on tackling ability. I am quite happy with that strategy.

Advertisement
Back