I think we steamroll VT by 20+

baby what GIF
This is my favorite gif

Advertisement
VT is a one trick pony. They have a really good ground game. This is basically playing a Paul Johnson Georgia Tech team and Hooker would be your typical GT QB. Hooker has passed for under 900 yards on the season. Just like those GT teams, Hookers completion % is high because they rarely throw and when they do, it's high % passes. He's got 98 passing total attempts on the season. That's an average of 14 passes per game. Their top RB probably isn't playing. Game plan is simple. Keep him in the pocket and force him to pass. VTs defense is such garbage that the D really doesn't have to do much other than get a few key stops (I think they will do better than that). I bet Lashlee has a big smile on his face watching the VT film.

We may also have to play bend and don't break on many drives.
Their Kicker does not seem any good beyond 45 or so.

If they do long drives and come up empty on FGs it will be deflating. (We knew that feeling before this year.)

Two reasons why:

1) Kings performance last Friday is the type that rallies the whole team. That night, you saw our team come from behind on the road on the backs of the offense and I feel like you will now see the offense take it to the next level for the remaining few games

2) Our defense has been getting criticized all year but Friday was the loudest - you just know they will come out with a point to prove and shut everyone up. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Manny calls the plays for a half.

Miami rolls and it won’t be close. We’re not losing to a QB named Hooker - our defense will have a threesome with the Hooker - Phillips and Roche on either side.

I like your thinking. We about to kick the $#!* out of VaTech. King going to go all out Heisman on they ***. Canes 56 VaTech 21. ***c the Canes haters eiether you with us or you against us.

Advertisement
This year the only qb’s that have looked like sht are playing in Tallahassee.
Other than that everyone looks like the next best young qb and if I recall correctly, last year’s vt game was Hooker’s first start. He literally had 2 career passing attempts before he played us and threw for 3 td’s and no picks.

This is not Manny’s defense and stats don’t lie.
I don’t care who is close to the program or talks to the players. It’s just not and you saw it game one against the lizards.

VT is a one trick pony. They have a really good ground game. This is basically playing a Paul Johnson Georgia Tech team and Hooker would be your typical GT QB. Hooker has passed for under 900 yards on the season.
You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think the Vag Tech offense is anything like GT with Paul Johnson. Hooker doesn't have a ton of yards passing because he missed a few games. The dude's a good passer, as he showed us last year. He's better now.

Advertisement
Anybody who thinks we "steamroll" VT isn't paying attention. If you think their offense is a one-trick pony you might be surprised that they are #3 in FBS (that's right, not just ACC) in explosive plays.

They also have a history under Fu (their nickname for Fuentes) of bounicng back strong after an extremely disappointing loss. The opposite of what we have done under both CMR and CMD.

The key will be to build an early lead and make them play catch-up. We shall see but I expect yet another close game and so does Vegas, BTW.

This is where just looking at stats gets you in trouble. Malik Willis is a super dynamic runner and a pretty good passer. He's a much more sudden runner than King. It takes Willis no time to get from 0 to 60. King's a better passer, and I'll take him as a leader over anyone. But Willis is unbelievable running the ball, and that's the big reason Vag Tech couldn't stop them.
Kind of off topic, but I hate Willis’ throwing motion. Yes, he completes passes and he’s having a good year, but based on the throws I saw vs VagTech, King is actually a more polished passer. Back to your point, Willis seems to have quicker feet in limited space so he gets out of tight spaces in a hurry.

Anybody who thinks we "steamroll" VT isn't paying attention. If you think their offense is a one-trick pony you might be surprised that they are #3 in FBS (that's right, not just ACC) in explosive plays.

They also have a history under Fu (their nickname for Fuentes) of bounicng back strong after an extremely disappointing loss. The opposite of what we have done under both CMR and CMD.

The key will be to build an early lead and make them play catch-up. We shall see but I expect yet another close game and so does Vegas, BTW.

They have averaged 37 points per game this year, all vs ACC, and scored 35 vs Liberty.

Advertisement

Think they scored over 35 against all opponents except Wake Forest (turnover filled game).. They can move the ball and score, their offense is high up in alot of categories, up with bama, uf, etc..

Advertisement
You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think the Vag Tech offense is anything like GT with Paul Johnson. Hooker doesn't have a ton of yards passing because he missed a few games. The dude's a good passer, as he showed us last year. He's better now.

Last year he played in 11 games and threw 162 times. That's an average of about 14 passes per game. Thats almost exactly his average this year too. He averaged 140 ypg passing last year. This year 174 ypg. He's an average passer. Threw 3 INTs against Wake. Wake is an interesting defense to compare- they are terrible against the run, better against the pass. They forced Hooker to pass, and that exposed him. It's not just wake though that showed he's a bad passer.

Hokies are 1-3 against FBS opponents when Hooker throws for over 200 yards in the 13 games he has started in the last two seasons.

When's the last time you saw a stat where a teams chances of winning go down if the QBs passing yards go up? That's reminiscent of the GT QBs. If they were throwing a lot, it usually meant they weren't able to pick up yards with their legs and Miami was shutting down the run.

If Miami forces him to be a passer, we win the game and see the turnover chain multiple times.

I just wonder how many times we see a throwback to the TE. Fooled the defense time and time again against VT last year and still hasn't been stopped this season.
Alot of teams have used throwbacks on us now, Clemson and just recently ncst come to mind

isn’t our defense one of the best at eliminating explosive plays and keeping everything in front of us? It’s why we run so much soft zone on the back end. Could be a battle of strengths then and I like our chances

Advertisement
Back