I think we steamroll VT by 20+

Advertisement
Shootouts for the rest of the season. Get ready for them. This D is a toilet, and Vag Tech is a very good offense and exactly the type of offense that gives us the most trouble. Tons of misdirection to take advantage of our lack of eye discipline and lack of discipline in general. Hooker's a very efficient passer and a strong runner. If Herbert plays, he will be a problem too.

49-42 UM.

I agree with you on the 49 points but I think we keep them to 27. A couple of turnovers helps us keep the point total down.

49-27 Canes

While I believe we win this game, Idk how you can think we blow anybody out.

come on man. We are an above average team still. Not elite enough to blow out teams weekly, but we blew out FSU and Louisville less than 5 games ago. And don’t give me the “lol FSU” stuff, that is a rivalry game.

Advertisement
come on man. We are an above average team still. Not elite enough to blow out teams weekly, but we blew out FSU and Louisville less than 5 games ago. And don’t give me the “lol FSU” stuff, that is a rivalry game.
We didn't blow Louisville out. We pulled away a little in the 4th quarter, but that game was at issue going into the 4th, and they were moving the ball at will. By the way, UL is something like 2-5 right now.

We didn’t blow Louisville out and both of those teams are terrible. And you just confirmed my point by saying we are above average but not good enough to blow teams out weekly. That’s literally my point. I don’t think we are good enough to go up to VT and blow them out. We would need 3+ turnovers to do it.

We didn’t blow Louisville out and both of those teams are terrible. And you just confirmed my point by saying we are above average but not good enough to blow teams out weekly. That’s literally my point. I don’t think we are good enough to go up to VT and blow them out. We would need 3+ turnovers to do it.

I agree but I laid out 2 reasons in my OP why I am confident that we ELEVATE our play this week and bust VT in the ***

Despite my brain telling me I'm wrong, my gut says that the defense turned a corner in the 4th quarter against NC St. The talent is there, the issue was the effort. It's something a coach can't teach- the players have to realize on their own that they have an extra gear

Most of us know what that feels like- if you've ever run a race and felt your lungs burning, legs like they are filled lead weights, and heart pounding like it is going to explode; in the back of your mind you think you are giving all you've got. But then you see the finish line- you feel that surge of adrenaline kick you in the chest, you can't hear anything but white noise and and the sound of the blood vessels pulsing in your ears, and have a burst of speed for the precious last few seconds of the race. Where did that last bit of energy come from? It's not so much that you were holding back- it's just that your mind was telling your body that you couldn't give any more. Then when the end of the race came into view and you knew that the faster you finished, the sooner the agony would be over, your mind told your body to push past the limit. There is truth to the saying "mind over matter."

I'm sure the players felt they were playing as hard as they could. But when the game was on the line, they found that extra motivation. The question is whether they can give that effort from the first snap of the game to the end. Now that they've realized their limit wasn't really their limit, I think we will see a much more motivated and effective defense.
I
I agree but I laid out 2 reasons in my OP why I am confident that we ELEVATE our play this week and bust VT in the ***
****? Has this site been peddling the Kool-aid and orange-n-Green glasses? The only time this team instilled justifiable confidence in the last ....15 years???..was with the defense of 2017.

Advertisement
Blow outs happen when the Defense can hold down the opponent's Offense...

Have you been watching the past 3 games??

i'm all for "fandemonium" but this won't be a blowout by either team...this one will resemble the NCSt game...down to the wire and hard fought..

Two reasons why:

1) Kings performance last Friday is the type that rallies the whole team. That night, you saw our team come from behind on the road on the backs of the offense and I feel like you will now see the offense take it to the next level for the remaining few games

2) Our defense has been getting criticized all year but Friday was the loudest - you just know they will come out with a point to prove and shut everyone up. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Manny calls the plays for a half.

Miami rolls and it won’t be close. We’re not losing to a QB named Hooker - our defense will have a threesome with the Hooker - Phillips and Roche on either side.

got any more hot takes for the boar... ohhh....

edit: jesus, op.
Brevin Jordan is reaching Michael Jordan type status

and what I mean by that is, the fact that the myth and legend surrounding both of those athletes actually exceeds what they did on the court / field.

Last edited:
From the brilliant mind who brought you “D’Eriq King is Malik Rosier with better leadership skills” brings you his latest porst; “We steamroll a team with a real QB” Lol Bailey ****man looked like peek Peyton Manning last week. Cheap Hooker will baptize our D, another shootout on deck.

Cheap Hooker or Expensive Hooker it doesn’t matter - on Saturday WE ARE GOING TO **** THE HOOKER BOYS!

mark my words

Advertisement
Fuente is there to coach football not make friends. He’s done a good job considering all the kids that bailed.
Stop. Fuente is in his fifth season at VT. There is always roster turnover when a new coach comes in but not after four seasons on the job. If Manny had chased off half the roster and was 4-3 with a loss to Liberty in his SECOND season, we’d have his head on a stick. Virginia Tech fans can't wait to get rid of him. Why do our fans think he’s good?

Stop. Fuente is in his fifth season at VT. There is always roster turnover when a new coach comes in but not after four seasons on the job. If Manny had chased off half the roster and was 4-3 with a loss to Liberty in his SECOND season, we’d have his head on a stick. Virginia Tech fans can't wait to get rid of him. Why do our fans think he’s good?
Because he’s not Manny

Advertisement
We didn't blow Louisville out. We pulled away a little in the 4th quarter, but that game was at issue going into the 4th, and they were moving the ball at will. By the way, UL is something like 2-5 right now.

We were up 14 at half, 17 at the end of 3 and 20 with 10 minutes left in the 4th.

We were up 14 at half, 17 at the end of 3 and 20 with 10 minutes left in the 4th.
Keep cherrypicking numbers out of context because that's what you do, but leave out the parts where they closed that gap at times. The game was 27-20 midway through the 3rd quarter. If you want to sit here and claim the UL game was a blowout, that's your thing, and no one will be surprised. Anyone who watched that game knows UL moved the ball at will on us and was in the game until some point in the 4th.

I

****? Has this site been peddling the Kool-aid and orange-n-Green glasses? The only time this team instilled justifiable confidence in the last ....15 years???..was with the defense of 2017.

That's why I said my head is telling me not to believe it. But gut feeling is they figured something out in the 4th quarter last game. It was like the light bulb came on and they decided that they'd had enough of NC St. It seemed crazy for Diaz to pass on a TD for a FG, but he knew the D would hold and it did. So the question is whether the D goes back to playing like it for most of the season or like they did in the 4th quarter. Just a hunch that it is going to be the latter.

Advertisement
Back