I think we steamroll VT by 20+

Two reasons why:

1) Kings performance last Friday is the type that rallies the whole team. That night, you saw our team come from behind on the road on the backs of the offense and I feel like you will now see the offense take it to the next level for the remaining few games

2) Our defense has been getting criticized all year but Friday was the loudest - you just know they will come out with a point to prove and shut everyone up. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Manny calls the plays for a half.

Miami rolls and it won’t be close. We’re not losing to a QB named Hooker - our defense will have a threesome with the Hooker - Phillips and Roche on either side.
Yes. I think you’re right. I’m looking forward to it.

Advertisement
I’d like to give myself credit - I said VT would have 27 points, we kept them to 24.

the way people were talking in here I had to double check if we were playing 2019 LSU on offense.

He played poorly against Wake. King's had a couple off games this year. Trevor Lawrence had a bad game or two. Everyone does.

You put way too much spin on stats. I've seen every VT game this year, and Hooker's a very good QB. He was good last year too. They run more than they throw, but that's because they run so well. They're absolutely NOTHING like GT under Johnson. Johnson tricked teams with an occasional pass. VT throws the ball in a designed passing game that isn't just verticals off play action after running the bone 15 straight plays.

Hooker will be a problem for us just like he was last year, but he's better this year. We don't defend the pass very well, and he won't have to be pinpoint accurate to expose us. Burmeister is NOWHERE NEAR the passer Hooker is. Not even in the same league. They ran with him because they had no other option. Hooker gives them a legit option in the throw game.

Hooker had 202 yards passing. Now VT is 1-4 when he throws for more than 200 yards. Like I said, some stats matter a lot more than others.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back