I hope this is a lesson

Advertisement
Another lesson...silent commitments are not real commitments.IMO

Also I would add don't ever except a demand that you don't recruit other players at his position if he is not publicly
committed and his recruiting is shut down.

Now that is on the real. Silent commit is not a commit . Anyone who thinks differently.

I'm not gonna diss him, you all are butt hurt. We lost a recruit.
I **** w his mom. Umd kept recruiting him, why are you all mad. Isn't that what Miami is doing with Henderson.

Dmoney you are definitely butt hurt. You always come with the south florida bull**** whenever we don't get a target. Ypu as a site moderater or whatever shouldn't be so biased.

Advertisement
How many elite rbs coming out of Florida / south Florida this class?? Can't think of any besides Cook brother. We got Burns who is a beast too but don't think its a bad idea to recruit an OOS rb that's interested

Yeah in this case we had to. Down year for running backs in south Florida other than white(fsu), burns and Felix
That's right Cook is next class so that sums it up even more. I think tthe staff would've stayed local if they saw enough talent they liked. Its obvious they're not in the business to just offer 3rd option talent just bc there's a need at a position.

Also I would add don't ever except a demand that you don't recruit other players at his position if he is not publicly

Now that is on the real. Silent commit is not a commit . Anyone who thinks differently.

A public commit isn't real either until the pen touches that paper on NSD

Miami should never waste time with out-of-state running backs.

Five of the Top 15 rushers in the NFL are from Florida. No other state has more than one. Three of the Top 12 rushers are from Dade County alone. Edgerrin James, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Ottis Anderson, Alonzo Highsmith, Melvin Bratton. All Florida guys.

If there was ever a year to recruit an OOS back, it was this one. The state was low on backs. And chasing an OOS back still blew up in our faces.

I think back to the Class of 2009. We spent all year talking about Bryce Brown. Eight years later, Lamar Miller is one of the Top 10 backs in the sport and Brown is selling steak knives. Let's hope Robert Burns follows in Miller's footsteps.

DMoney I agree with you in theory, but you said yourself that the state was low on backs and McFarland had a pre-existing relationship with the staff, plus apparently was a silent. What should they have done differently in this specific case? Other than offering a plan B but I don't want any Danny Dillard's on the roster anymore.

Advertisement
Sour grapes. I'm not thrilled with McFarland's decision or the way he handled the situation but it doesn't change the fact that he was a talented and highly recruited RB from one of the HS football programs in the country. He doesn't suddenly suck just because he didn't choose us.

A public commit isn't real either until the pen touches that paper on NSD

So true. It ain't over til its over. But that is good for UM this season as we are going to end with a bang ( With out without Mcfarland or even Smith) .

Advertisement
Miami should never waste time with out-of-state running backs.

Five of the Top 15 rushers in the NFL are from Florida. No other state has more than one. Three of the Top 12 rushers are from Dade County alone. Edgerrin James, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Ottis Anderson, Alonzo Highsmith, Melvin Bratton. All Florida guys.

If there was ever a year to recruit an OOS back, it was this one. The state was low on backs. And chasing an OOS back still blew up in our faces.

I think back to the Class of 2009. We spent all year talking about Bryce Brown. Eight years later, Lamar Miller is one of the Top 10 backs in the sport and Brown is selling steak knives. Let's hope Robert Burns follows in Miller's footsteps.

DMoney I agree with you in theory, but you said yourself that the state was low on backs and McFarland had a pre-existing relationship with the staff, plus apparently was a silent. What should they have done differently in this specific case? Other than offering a plan B but I don't want any Danny Dillard's on the roster anymore.

Exactly. None of the backs in FL looked great including Burns. Picking up 2 question marks at RB isn't any better than missing out on Mcfarland, in fact it's worse imo.

Newsflash: The local market isn't loyal to the home team. Going all in on Sony Michel, Cook, Scarlett, and Collins didn't pay dividends either. We had a better shot at McFarland than we did with these other 4. I see no lesson learned.

Local first, Florida 2nd, National 3rd. If we are going after national guys, it's because the local market ain't producing at the level. Selling South Florida works pretty good on a National level and I see no time wasted.

Advertisement
Newsflash: The local market isn't loyal to the home team. Going all in on Sony Michel, Cook, Scarlett, and Collins didn't pay dividends either. We had a better shot at McFarland than we did with these other 4. I see no lesson learned.

Local first, Florida 2nd, National 3rd. If we are going after national guys, it's because the local market ain't producing at the level. Selling South Florida works pretty good on a National level and I see no time wasted.
The only lesson here is that money talks.

It proves that divas exist everywhere and you need backups because there is no such animal as a silent commit. It is extinct.

I do think Burns will make us forget about McFarland like Miller made us forget about Bryce Brown. Also, if he stays, Choc will have one last shot to show what he's capable of. May have been the best thing to ever happen to him.

Darrian Felix comes to mind. I haven't watched the tape on all the Florida backs but I bet we will be hearing from several of them in a couple years.

And the fact that we had a pre-existing relationship, a silent commit and still got burned should tell you why we shouldn't waste our time leaving the state.

Advertisement
Back