I hope this is a lesson

Advertisement
Miami should never waste time with out-of-state running backs.

Five of the Top 15 rushers in the NFL are from Florida. No other state has more than one. Three of the Top 12 rushers are from Dade County alone. Edgerrin James, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Ottis Anderson, Alonzo Highsmith, Melvin Bratton. All Florida guys.

If there was ever a year to recruit an OOS back, it was this one. The state was low on backs. And chasing an OOS back still blew up in our faces.

I think back to the Class of 2009. We spent all year talking about Bryce Brown. Eight years later, Lamar Miller is one of the Top 10 backs in the sport and Brown is selling steak knives. Let's hope Robert Burns follows in Miller's footsteps.

You so disrespectful my brother is a top leading rusher at um and in the hall of fame at um and he's not on your list. You're so DISRESPECTFUL!

J/K

^
So we don't recruit a kid in Valdosta (hypothetically) but what about on the Florida side of the border.

Mobile is Bama country, yes. Do we recruit a kid in P'Cola??

(The 'recruit only Florida RB theory' is flimsy)

Last edited:
Completely agree with dmoney. Don't have to leave the state of fla for a rb..unless their elite. McFarland to me wasn't elite...but I would've let it ride due to them supposedly having the connection from uga and the fact in would want an in at DeMatha and the dmv. People who are making a big hoopla for what dmoney is saying are newbies to recruiting..or oos fans that don't understand the talent in the state of florida.

Advertisement
You go outta state for every position....The problem is....he shoulda offered more florida kids like Felix, Davis etc....this way you have more options.....to me it's always good to go OOS cuz it's easy to build relationships with kids in your own backyard...Miami coaches have a distinct advantage

Completely agree with dmoney. Don't have to leave the state of fla for a rb..unless their elite. McFarland to me wasn't elite...but I would've let it ride due to them supposedly having the connection from uga and the fact in would want an in at DeMatha and the dmv. People who are making a big hoopla for what dmoney is saying are newbies to recruiting..or oos fans that don't understand the talent in the state of florida.

In 2008 I was a rookie at the game and sweating Bryce brown....over the years I learned u don't have to leave sfla for a rb and its true end of story. Burns could be another savage we sleeping on. I remember I was on the Scarlett train and another one was dexter Williams and Cronkite....little did we know the little youngster begging to get to school early (Walton) was gonna be a savage and better than all three.

McFarland is elite. That's why it hurts Brown, Richt, and Miami so bad when he did dem dirty with almost no time left on the recruiting clock.

Advertisement
Miami should never waste time with out-of-state running backs.

Five of the Top 15 rushers in the NFL are from Florida. No other state has more than one. Three of the Top 12 rushers are from Dade County alone. Edgerrin James, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Ottis Anderson, Alonzo Highsmith, Melvin Bratton. All Florida guys.

If there was ever a year to recruit an OOS back, it was this one. The state was low on backs. And chasing an OOS back still blew up in our faces.

I think back to the Class of 2009. We spent all year talking about Bryce Brown. Eight years later, Lamar Miller is one of the Top 10 backs in the sport and Brown is selling steak knives. Let's hope Robert Burns follows in Miller's footsteps.

Can we add DEs from California?

Advertisement
Back