I hope this is a lesson

People act as if some of the best players to ever play for Miami weren't from OOS. There's way more than just Ed Reed. South Florida is obviously a breeding ground for talent, but we should still recruit skilled elite players who have heavy interest in us.

Advertisement
Miami should never waste time with out-of-state running backs.

Five of the Top 15 rushers in the NFL are from Florida. No other state has more than one. Three of the Top 12 rushers are from Dade County alone. Edgerrin James, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Ottis Anderson, Alonzo Highsmith, Melvin Bratton. All Florida guys.

If there was ever a year to recruit an OOS back, it was this one. The state was low on backs. And chasing an OOS back still blew up in our faces.

I think back to the Class of 2009. We spent all year talking about Bryce Brown. Eight years later, Lamar Miller is one of the Top 10 backs in the sport and Brown is selling steak knives. Let's hope Robert Burns follows in Miller's footsteps.

The list of underrated 3 star kids from Florida is endless. You can fall assbackwards into some random crowd of high school kids in Florida and land on a productive Div 1A player. Not even talking about the superstars Lavonte Davids or Lamar Jacksons of the world. Even just the Eli Rogers' and Ricardo Allen's, these types of kids are everywhere, starting and producing for schools across the nation.

The problem with recruiting S Florida of course is the endless barrage of street agents and handlers all trying to get their share of the loot. The Keif Bryant trolls who seem to have no problems trolling their own hometown school, which for some reason never ***king happens at Tuscaloosa, Columbus, or Baton Rouge.

In contrast, do we ever get the same kind of silly drama recruiting Central and Northern Florida? I think of Norton, Owens, McCloud, Pinckney, Quarterman, this kid Derrick Smith, and i just see nothing but mfing serenity. The only time i can recall in recent memory where a kid from up there trolled us was Northrup.

So the solution: Focus hard on Central and Northern Florida. Go OOS only when you have to. Pick and choose the S FL kids you want.

Last edited:
i agree and said it earlier, we got three 4* backs 2 army all americans. thomas smith jhonson should be our top priority. so i dont know why everyone is making losing mc pharland is major.

Walton - Homer - Burns next year is fine.

Richt let Gray and Gus leave. Not worried.

Is it official that Gray is gone? I actually think he'd serve us well in terms of reps/depth.

My bad, I thought I read somewhere he was gone.

He's been tweeting recently about getting back to work with the Miami boys and next year and all that crap. He's not going anywhere.

Nice

OMG, this talk again.

Here's the lesson; don't cater to no f'n recruit unless it's etched in stone he's coming, and since that doesn't happen until signing day, DONT CATER TO NO F'N RECRUIT.

Player logic: You have your main chick, but you keep a couple of side chicks on deck, jic your main chick starts acting up. If your main chick proves she's your ace, then you dip out on the side chicks, but only when your main chick shows and proves she's the one. This is recruiting, dog...these lil ninjas ain't faithful for the most part. They flirting with this and that school, telling a coach this and that. So we gotta start learnin' the game. We also gotta stop trolling So Fla players pegging them as the only divas....EVERY elite recruit does what Mac just did to Brown. We can't put all of our eggs in one basket any more.

And for the soft shouldered posters who keep saying "can't be mad he put on for the home team...BULL CHIT AND **** YOU. The home team has been there for the last 2 years and in the 12th hour they flipped him? We're not talking USC or USCe or Bama, UF, FSU, OSU, or any other credible, legit program....we talking Maryland folks.

My rant: F Mac for doing that to a dude that kept it 100 w him in Brown. F Sr. for taking the short term $ instead of investing in his son's long term future. F Durkin for negative recruiting and we all know yo b**ch **** won't be there in 3 yrs anyway. F Plank for making the Chef Curry's. F Steph for putting UA in a position to drop bags. F Maryland for having the dumbest uniform combo in the history of football, and for pretending to be a football program when you are a LaCross program. F the B10 for taking in Maryland, eliminating our chance to smack them every other year.

Hoodie back on.

Lol crybaby *** *****

Advertisement
The best backs in the NFL are not only from Florida. Stop with that talk man. If anything don't put all of your eggs in one basket. This sh*t fluid

He didn't say that only great RBs are from Florida. He said the most are where no other state has more than one currently in the NFL. Your tough guy act is starting to make people question your reading comprehension.

true, the best multible backs in college and Nfl came from florida even if they went to another college bama and clemson got some good backs from us like five years in a row.

I lost mad respect for you for OP.scared money is your new nickname. Because you basically saying you shook

We gotta start droppin bags. These coaches make more money in one 2 year contract than most of us will make in 10 years. For them to drop a bag is like most of us buying a motorcycle . 30k ain't **** to these guys. That is not counting Rick's money.

I'm on this train now. Never leave the state for a RB again. **** we might not even have to leave South Florida.

Advertisement
If there's no other takes in south Florida what's the harm in going after a kid you already have a relationship with. Not sure what the lesson is. Richt knows as much as anyone running backs grow on trees in SF

Advertisement
I guess we should stop recruiting Smith and Thomas since they aren't from South Florida and are WR's.

Losing McFarland not the end of the world. Posters will start thread after thread about under the radar rbs the Canes can go after.

Advertisement
I guess we should stop recruiting Smith and Thomas since they aren't from South Florida and are WR's.

Exactly! That's why I said OP lost his marbles. So don't recruit Njoku or DJ Williams. Got it Shook Money you just stay down in dade and stay scared. I want my coach going national and getting the best of the best.

lol they kill me with that.... bama winning with all that south Florida talent(only 3-4) on the roster, clemson(less than 3), ohio state(less than 5). They act like south Florida is in another dimension in terms of football talent but fail to mention that ga actually has produced the most sec players by far in the last 10 years

Gimme Harley and Dingle and we'd be alright...but I think you are missing the point.

These OOS players should be the cherry on top...we shouldn't be reliant on them and waiting on them as crown jewels of a class.

Gimme Harley and Dingle and we'd be alright...but I think you are missing the point.

These OOS players should be the cherry on top...we shouldn't be reliant on them and waiting on them as crown jewels of a class.

So who was the crown jewel running back in Florida this year?

Advertisement
Back