I hope this is a lesson

OMG, this talk again.

Here's the lesson; don't cater to no f'n recruit unless it's etched in stone he's coming, and since that doesn't happen until signing day, DONT CATER TO NO F'N RECRUIT.

Player logic: You have your main chick, but you keep a couple of side chicks on deck, jic your main chick starts acting up. If your main chick proves she's your ace, then you dip out on the side chicks, but only when your main chick shows and proves she's the one. This is recruiting, dog...these lil ninjas ain't faithful for the most part. They flirting with this and that school, telling a coach this and that. So we gotta start learnin' the game. We also gotta stop trolling So Fla players pegging them as the only divas....EVERY elite recruit does what Mac just did to Brown. We can't put all of our eggs in one basket any more.

And for the soft shouldered posters who keep saying "can't be mad he put on for the home team...BULL CHIT AND **** YOU. The home team has been there for the last 2 years and in the 12th hour they flipped him? We're not talking USC or USCe or Bama, UF, FSU, OSU, or any other credible, legit program....we talking Maryland folks.

My rant: F Mac for doing that to a dude that kept it 100 w him in Brown. F Sr. for taking the short term $ instead of investing in his son's long term future. F Durkin for negative recruiting and we all know yo b**ch **** won't be there in 3 yrs anyway. F Plank for making the Chef Curry's. F Steph for putting UA in a position to drop bags. F Maryland for having the dumbest uniform combo in the history of football, and for pretending to be a football program when you are a LaCross program. F the B10 for taking in Maryland, eliminating our chance to smack them every other year.

Hoodie back on.

This is correct. He **** on Brown big time, he probably still wiping doodoo off his face. They got paid at the last second. Seems pretty obvious

Advertisement
And I'm not bashing Brown. I think he's a major asset to the program. I just hope we learn from this.

Man I can not see what the crap you are talking about, you take a great RB from wherever you can get them. Just look at Bammer and Ga last few years, not many of those back a were in state.

All this should teach us is that we should never assume silent commitments are real and always recruit a backup plan.

Talent is talent no matter where they are from. South Florida produces a ton of talent, that doesn't mean you ignore everywhere else.

Anyways, South Florida kids have left us at the altar many many times.

Last edited:
Last time I learned a lesson like today was when I *** ty banged a girl using head n shoulders shampoo as lube. I learned a major lesson that day

Advertisement
Miami should never waste time with out-of-state running backs.

Five of the Top 15 rushers in the NFL are from Florida. No other state has more than one. Three of the Top 12 rushers are from Dade County alone. Edgerrin James, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Ottis Anderson, Alonzo Highsmith, Melvin Bratton. All Florida guys.

If there was ever a year to recruit an OOS back, it was this one. The state was low on backs. And chasing an OOS back still blew up in our faces.

I think back to the Class of 2009. We spent all year talking about Bryce Brown. Eight years later, Lamar Miller is one of the Top 10 backs in the sport and Brown is selling steak knives. Let's hope Robert Burns follows in Miller's footsteps.
you can say the same for wr and db also. south florida is loaded with these kinds of players supreme athletes. should never have to even leave south florida for rb/wr /dbs

oline and dline might be different

That's what bothers me about this whole mess....Brown seemed to have completely misjudged the characters of the kid and his folks. Seems like a total d-bag to be capable of being so slimy and disrespectful.

This is more a lesson for and about Thomas Brown right now than a geographical one. This doesn't happen to even an above average recruiter when the school pulling the last minute flip is the likes of Maryland. So to think this couldn't very easily happen again in the scum infested recruiting waters locally if Brown isn't a better judge of relationship strength and parents then that's probably a mistake.

All that said, I'm in the camp that this is going to be a pretty easily corrected miss longterm and at worst a minor depth issue.

Advertisement
So if a Cam Akers from MS who went to FSU indicates he wants to go to Miami, we don't recruit him heavily? I'm being serious. I understand D's point to an extent, but there I don't think its cut and dry. Yes, we got burned, but I wouldn't just turn off OOS RB recruiting forever.

Walton - Homer - Burns next year is fine.

Richt let Gray and Gus leave. Not worried.

Is it official that Gray is gone? I actually think he'd serve us well in terms of reps/depth.

My bad, I thought I read somewhere he was gone.

He's been tweeting recently about getting back to work with the Miami boys and next year and all that crap. He's not going anywhere.

The best backs in the NFL are not only from Florida.

It's about allocating resources.

Florida backs are more likely to pick Miami. There are five times as many Florida backs in the Top 15 than any other state. Three of the top four backs in the ACC this year were from South Florida. That's where we need to focus.

Florida backs are not likely to pick Miami...at least the good/great ones. They leave just as fast as the South Florida WRs. We havent had one since Duke

Advertisement
Thomas Brown is turning out to be a giant mistake.

Only 30 years old.

No recruiting successes in his short career.

Did an average job at best installing the offense.

I'm concerned about 50% of our offensive staff, Jon Richt and Thomas Brown.

Ivins posted: Looks like there might be a new name at running back for Miami is Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas running back Kyshaun Bryan. Said he recently spoke with Miami offensive coordinator Thomas Brown.

He is currently at Iowa for an official visit. Said the Hurricanes might able to lure him on campus late Sunday for an unofficial visit during the 'quiet period.' "If it follows through and if they want me [I might do that]," Bryan said.

Any good? I honestly know nothing except that he's a 3 star committed to South Carolina that 247 thinks is going to Oregon State and from I've heard has committable (I hate that word) offers from Iowa, Duke and Pitt.

Advertisement
Thomas Brown is turning out to be a giant mistake.

Only 30 years old.

No recruiting successes in his short career.

Did an average job at best installing the offense.

I'm concerned about 50% of our offensive staff, Jon Richt and Thomas Brown.

Your avatar is a giant mistake. Almost as big as your opinions about everything

Honestly I think this goes for WR and DB too

No reason we should ever leave FL for either RB or WR or DB

No reason to go after Jeff Thomas???

Insert dopey orangutan pic.

There were plenty of WR's in sofla we coulda got, we just didn't land them

We land jeudy we aren't going to MO for playmakers

Even if we landed Jeudy, we'd take Thomas and Smith in a heartbeat.

But using your "logic," isn't losing Jeudy a "reason" to go after OOS stud WRs.

Regarding DBs, I can think of several good reasons we went after Ed Reed.

Why would that be a reason to go out of state? We keep the kids home and we shouldn't ever have to leave the state

Oh god the ed reed argument

"That's they one! That's they one!"

I'll take sofla stud DB's over 2 star LA DB's 10 times out of 10

Again, you said "no reason" to go out of state for WR and DBS. And in your delusion, you cite to Jeudy, a kid that is going elsewhere. But even if we had him, we'd still take OOS studs like Thomas and Smith, especially with our woeful WR depth.

Miami should never waste time with out-of-state running backs.

Five of the Top 15 rushers in the NFL are from Florida. No other state has more than one. Three of the Top 12 rushers are from Dade County alone. Edgerrin James, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Ottis Anderson, Alonzo Highsmith, Melvin Bratton. All Florida guys.

If there was ever a year to recruit an OOS back, it was this one. The state was low on backs. And chasing an OOS back still blew up in our faces.

I think back to the Class of 2009. We spent all year talking about Bryce Brown. Eight years later, Lamar Miller is one of the Top 10 backs in the sport and Brown is selling steak knives. Let's hope Robert Burns follows in Miller's footsteps.

Just dont forget the Devonta Freeman. We over looked that player.

Advertisement
Back