I hope this is a lesson

DMoney I agree with you in theory, but you said yourself that the state was low on backs and McFarland had a pre-existing relationship with the staff, plus apparently was a silent. What should they have done differently in this specific case? Other than offering a plan B but I don't want any Danny Dillard's on the roster anymore.

Darrian Felix comes to mind. I haven't watched the tape on all the Florida backs but I bet we will be hearing from several of them in a couple years.

And the fact that we had a pre-existing relationship, a silent commit and still got burned should tell you why we shouldn't waste our time leaving the state.

What a joke. Pete himself has said for months that Felix want some to go out of state. Big reach D$. Brown failed in an epic way. Banda, Rumph, searles, kool, all had backup plans. Brown got left with his d*ck in his hand. When you get paid like he does to sell you produce or you get fired.

You are an ignorant moron. You have no clue what our staff planned or didn't plan.

Advertisement
[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] you literally just reinforced Marylands only recruiting pitch lmfao. And we wonder why FSU is stacking chips with out of state RB's.

Eh this wasn't a waste of time. It just didn't work out this time. Richt and Brown knew the kid from the UGA days, so it was a seamless transition.

RB talent in So Fla this year wasn't great. AJ Davis though should be looked at (prolly too late).

I posted this on another thread but:

Thomas Brown done ****ed this **** up. Spent months insinuating big time double secret commit, blah-blah, & chasing off yearby & Edwards so it would blow up in his dumb *** face.

The guy need to learn to talk less and do more.

Plus [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] is absolutely right. RBs grow on trees down here. Why the **** do you need to go to Maryland to find one is beyond me.

Advertisement

Thomas Brown done ****ed this **** up. Spent months insinuating big time double secret commit, blah-blah, & chasing off yearby & Edwards so it would blow up in his dumb *** face.

Plus [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] is absolutely right. RBs grow on trees down here. Why the **** do you need to go to Maryland to find one is beyond me.

I do trust Richt when it comes to his RB evaluations.

He may have struggled with WRs at UGA, but he ALWAYS had stud running backs.

Are y'all paying attention to this announcement?? There no way In **** he just thought about all this in a day...dude has had this planned to go to Maryland for a long time

Nah. It was all filmed in advance.

News flash...the only 5 star RB in the state of Miami in 18, Cook, is an FSU commit. Lorenzo is gonna be a hard pull. So where does this leave us in 18 when we need 3 RBs? They sure as **** aren't all coming from FL. The more I think about this post D$ the worse it gets.

Advertisement
Some of you are completely missing his point, idk if it's reading comprehension or what. Dmoney's point isn't that you shouldn't recruit OOS players or backs, you go where the best players are. But it's a matter of allocation of resources. Someone like McFarland isn't so much better than a Felix, Malik Davis, or Lemmons that Miami should ignore them to chase McFarland. Yes we know there are good players in other states too, that isn't the point.

I do trust Richt when it comes to his RB evaluations.

He may have struggled with WRs at UGA, but he ALWAYS had stud running backs.

It's not about CMR's RB evaluations. Again, to echo the OP's points, it is about allocation of resources. Logically, it does not make sense to put all of your resources into an OOS rb when there is a high probability that there are numerous backs that could produce 80% of what that OOS RB could.

It's like living in Miami and going to Boston to eat Cuban food because Zagat says the best Cuban restaurant is in US is in Boston. Fool, you got a bunch of joints down here that will deliver 80% of the taste for 20% of the cost. Get your *** to Little Havana and stop ******* about with Logan Airport.

Advertisement
Some of you are completely missing his point, idk if it's reading comprehension or what. Dmoney's point isn't that you shouldn't recruit OOS players or backs, you go where the best players are. But it's a matter of allocation of resources. Someone like McFarland isn't so much better than a Felix, Malik Davis, or Lemmons that Miami should ignore them to chase McFarland. Yes we know there are good players in other states too, that isn't the point.

Nonsense. He's a superior back to those.

Now he's no Dalvin Cook but he's better.

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] you literally just reinforced Marylands only recruiting pitch lmfao. And we wonder why FSU is stacking chips with out of state RB's.

MASSIVE clusterf*$#K on the part of this staff.

It's the kind of momentum killer that ruins an entire class.

And '18 is a problem. Nobody worth a **** at the RB spot is even considering us for next year. We could end up with open tryouts on campus from the flag football intramural league.

The best backs in the NFL are not only from Florida. Stop with that talk man. If anything don't put all of your eggs in
one basket. This sh*t fluid

DMoney is a Dade county and Florida homer cause he follows the HS scene hard. We just need good players regardless of where they are from. We have had plenty of good backs from others areas. Also we stuck out on so many SoFla backs that blew up since the early 2000s run (Dalvin Cook, Alex Collins, Noel Devine, etc) you can make agruement we wasting our time with 5 star SoFla divas. The truth is we gotta trust or hope the staff targets the right players to go after regardless of where they are from.

Advertisement
Great post!

As long as Robert Burns can stay healthy, he will be a better back than McFarland.

The only thing that rustles me about McFarland's decision is that he strung us along this long and then spit in Coach Brown and Coach Richt's faces.

The first time I looked at video highlights of both Burns and McFarland I thought Burns was better, more talented, maybe more wiggle. Of course, I was very concerned about Burns' history of chronic injuries, yet McFarland only had the one last year. Still, I wanted McFarland badly. I wanted to take a blue-chip player from the Washington area. We've usually struck out here. The last one I remember was Leslie Shepherd in the '80s, but we couldn't get him into school. He ended up at Temple and a brief, ordinary pro career.

This area might be better for LBs and linemen, anyway, but we're finding plenty of those in Florida, including north Florida. Disappointed, but I think we need to close on the elite receivers, especially Smith, more. Louisiana has always had elite skill players, Akieen Jolla notwithstanding.

Disappointing, because I think he strung us along, and followed neither his head nor heart. I just don't see Maryland as such a great place to play. I'd much rather be in Coral Gables and south Florida than in College Park and in Washington, D.C., at least if I'm growing up in Prince George's County, MD. I'd want to get away in the worst way. He might come to regret it.

Disappointed but we'll survive. At least it wasn't Alabama.

Heck, I know so little about the Terps these days, I find them so uninteresting, I don't even remember the name of their current coach. I don't even know their record. Of course, I don't follow much but Miami anymore.

MASSIVE clusterf*$#K on the part of this staff.

It's the kind of momentum killer that ruins an entire class.

And '18 is a problem. Nobody worth a **** at the RB spot is even considering us for next year. We could end up with open tryouts on campus from the flag football intramural league.

Exactly, Brown put all his eggs in the McFarland basket and McFarland done punted that basket half way across the country. Now we are late to the game with the elite 2018 RBs because little Tommy thought he had McFarland.

This is more a lesson for and about Thomas Brown right now than a geographical one. This doesn't happen to even an above average recruiter when the school pulling the last minute flip is the likes of Maryland. So to think this couldn't very easily happen again in the scum infested recruiting waters locally if Brown isn't a better judge of relationship strength and parents then that's probably a mistake.

All that said, I'm in the camp that this is going to be a pretty easily corrected miss longterm and at worst a minor depth issue.

Last edited:
The best backs in the NFL are not only from Florida. Stop with that talk man. If anything don't put all of your eggs in
one basket. This sh*t fluid

DMoney is a Dade county and Florida homer cause he follows the HS scene hard. We just need good players regardless of where they are from. We have had plenty of good backs from others areas. Also we stuck out on so many SoFla backs that blew up since the early 2000s run (Dalvin Cook, Alex Collins, Noel Devine, etc) you can make agruement we wasting our time with 5 star SoFla divas. The truth is we gotta trust or hope the staff targets the right players to go after regardless of where they are from.

Antone Smith would like a word with you. He was great for Miami.

Advertisement
Back