Hartley Snapped

Something just doesn’t add up.
Why get upset over a kid we didn’t want anymore unless that wasn’t the case.
We lost 2 elite kids from the 20 class with ties to the team. Perry is very close to Manuel and Williams is lo’s cousin. Tweed as far as I know hasn’t said anything about the later.
And Jp as far as I recall was a take all the way. If brown doesn’t come that’s even more of a concern given his interest and the fact he’s in our back yard.
I understand this desire to believe we’re chasing other kids. But it’s still concerning. If we really have bigger fish on the radar why catch feelings and send out that tweet?
FOr the 10000 time. The kid wants to play d tackle. They like him at OT. he doesn’t wanna play there

Advertisement
One last thought on this.

Hartley has 3 main tasks. Coach tight ends, which he is perfectly average at as far as I can tell. Coach special teams, which he SUCKS at. Recruit, which he is pretty good at. However, if I go to my boss for a performance review and they see that I suck at 33% of my job and I am complaining about how hard another 33% is in public, that ain't a good look.

“ Pretty good at recruiting “? You know how I know you’re a troll?

It’s not a good look but big bad Uga wanted him and he said no.

Now go troll elsewhere.

The funny thing about all of this is how everyone is doing their best to read between the lines to find some hidden message.

Everyone and there brother assuming it's about a recruit or etc while Hartley out on the trail Sniping!

Something just doesn’t add up.
Why get upset over a kid we didn’t want anymore unless that wasn’t the case.
We lost 2 elite kids from the 20 class with ties to the team. Perry is very close to Manuel and Williams is lo’s cousin. Tweed as far as I know hasn’t said anything about the later.
And Jp as far as I recall was a take all the way. If brown doesn’t come that’s even more of a concern given his interest and the fact he’s in our back yard.
I understand this desire to believe we’re chasing other kids. But it’s still concerning. If we really have bigger fish on the radar why catch feelings and send out that tweet?

It has been said elsewhere that we did NOT push out Brown or drop him. The kid did in fact reiterate his commitment to UM on Saturday in front of a group of people. "It's the Crib" in his words. It seems we were always up front with him as far as recruiting him for the OL. The kid seemed to want to play DL and said other schools were recruiting him for that. He also said Saturday he didn't care and would play wherever. Now, the other schools talking to him per his own admission were Alabama and Florida. (both had coaches at the jamboree, although they could have been there for Dent) Maybe someone else talked to him after. Maybe he thought about what he said and changed his mind . who knows? Diaz was there Saturday, too. But it sure does seem like something happened after that jamboree.

That kid has a point. Coaches bounce all the **** time without so much as a thought for these kids. Today Hartley is selling The U, tomorrow he will be selling another school with the same rhetoric to the same kids if the offer is better elsewhere.

Yes true...but bad behavior is no excuse for bad behavior

Advertisement
First of all, Hartley will 100% leave when he has a better offer. If you don't believe that then I got a bridge to sell you. However he determines a better offer is on him...for some people it isn't only money.

Second of all, the kid is commenting on coaches in general, probably not Hartley specifically. And he is right. College coaches are mercenaries. They talk about "family" and "being teachers" but they're full of **** and well all know it. They make a lot of money and don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about these kids when they're sending the same kids edits about being a First Round draft pick in 2021.

And by the way, for all the "these kids need to have some personal accountability" bros on here, the same goes for the coaches. If you can't close these kids then find another line of work.

I think the Top 12 thing is stupid too and I wish every recruitment was like Lingard or Jaquan, but recruitment is the one period of these kids' careers that they truly control and they are very aware of that fact.

No you dont...

Hartley is just keeping it real here. That pre madonna BS should not be tolerated (Fuller, Lucas, Brown, etc.) and props to Hartley for throwing shade at them about it. Brown just decommitted (fine, it happens) and then posted a top 14 (ugh, what?). Fuller comes out with a top 10 but is still committed to FSU. Recruiting is crazy enough as it is but this is too much.
Just looking out for a fellow Cane, but its primadonna. Has nothing to do with the white chick from the 80s...

It's very strange (but not really) that an immediate knee jerk reaction from some of our "fans" would be to call out Hartley for his POTENTIAL to be somewhat hypocritical here. Not his track record, not an acknowledgment that he apparently just turned down an offer from Georgia BUT that one day he as a positions coach MIGHT leave and that excuses all the f*ckery and clown show antics a lot of today's recruits pull.

This also conveniently ignores Hartley's boss and his resume. A guy that'll probably retire after like TWENTY-FIVE or more years having only head coached at TWO places and having left NEITHER willingly for a different job.

Sooooo spare me the lumping in the current state of our program with the blanket statements designed to excuse idiotic behavior permitted by some parents and some high schools/high school coaches.

Last edited:
Advertisement
FOr the 10000 time. The kid wants to play d tackle. They like him at OT. he doesn’t wanna play there
So I’ve heard. So should we say goodbye to macinstosh since everyone here says we want him at lb. same for Richards at cb. Some kids are told straight up before they commit. Maybe that’s why those 2 haven’t pulled the trigger?
So do you not see any negatives in r brown leaving at all? Not trying to start sh.t I’m really asking.

It's very strange (but not really) that an immediate knee jerk reaction from some of our "fans" would be to call out Hartley for his POTENTIAL to be somewhat hypocritical here. Not his track record, not an acknowledgment that he apparently just turned down an offer from Georgia BUT that one day he as a positions coach MIGHT leave and that excuses all the f*ckery and clown show antics a lot of today's recruits pull.

This also conveniently ignores Hartley's boss and his resume. A guy that'll probably retire after like TWENTY-FIVE or more years having only head coached at TWO places and having left NEITHER willingly for a different job.

Sooooo spare me the lumping in the current state of our program with the blanket statements designed to excuse idiotic behavior permitted by some parents and some high schools/high school coaches.

Amazing isn’t it?

Some people’s first instinct is to call out our coaches, when this particular coach has actually so far, shown the opposite. And when Richt is known as a guy that doesn’t play those games. Interesting.

Amazing isn’t it?

Some people’s first instinct is to call out our coaches, when this particular coach has actually so far, shown the opposite. And when Richt is known as a guy that doesn’t play those games. Interesting.

Exactly. Some of our "fans" are just sooooooo intellectually honest, right? Almost to the point where one might suspect they're not Canes fans at all. That's just how real they keep it.

Advertisement
Blame the Parents and Social media
I agree fully. These kids love seeing people following them on social media and parents need to educate their kids on what commitment means. What is it that makes a kid committed for almost a year and all of a sudden decommit when nothing has changed with the team he was committed to. Is it money, another team expressing more love or giving a tad more attention. This ****zs ridiculous. I can't respect your decision when you give no details.

This was a great move by Hartley.

You're with us or against us.

We need to show every program coming down here, negatively recruiting Miami, buying the top kids, and making promises to their handlers. That these "top 12 lists, decommits and dream school" drama queens won't stop our staff from bringing the U back.

I hope every coach on the staff starts acting/tweeting the same way. Show a united front and change the narrative. Use the hate and the drama as a positive.
Savages RECRUIT Savages.

Advertisement

You know the drill here man. It's all part of the unusual relationship some UM fans have with their chosen universities sports program. According to a large lump of our posters, UM is always in the wrong. Remember when they were ripping down our athletic department over blocking Delvin Shirtqueefs from transferring to an ACC schools. "He just wants to transfer to an elite MBA program" they cried, "amateur move by Richts" their vaginas dripped. Didn't he end up signing at Georgia Southern AM Western or something?

It has been said elsewhere that we did NOT push out Brown or drop him. The kid did in fact reiterate his commitment to UM on Saturday in front of a group of people. "It's the Crib" in his words. It seems we were always up front with him as far as recruiting him for the OL. The kid seemed to want to play DL and said other schools were recruiting him for that. He also said Saturday he didn't care and would play wherever. Now, the other schools talking to him per his own admission were Alabama and Florida. (both had coaches at the jamboree, although they could have been there for Dent) Maybe someone else talked to him after. Maybe he thought about what he said and changed his mind . who knows? Diaz was there Saturday, too. But it sure does seem like something happened after that jamboree.

Wonder what he'll think when he commits somewhere as a DT and they move him to OL.

"**** those Miami guys were being straight up with me "

Wonder what he'll think when he commits somewhere as a DT and they move him to OL.

"**** those Miami guys were being straight up with me "

Havent both Geo and Stefan said that we had not been in contact with him since Simpson took over?

Hartley is a savage and is quickly cementing himself as a potentially legendary character here with his recruiting prowess and now this call out

Advertisement
Back