Hartley Snapped

First of all, Hartley will 100% leave when he has a better offer. If you don't believe that then I got a bridge to sell you. However he determines a better offer is on him...for some people it isn't only money.

Second of all, the kid is commenting on coaches in general, probably not Hartley specifically. And he is right. College coaches are mercenaries. They talk about "family" and "being teachers" but they're full of **** and well all know it. They make a lot of money and don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about these kids when they're sending the same kids edits about being a First Round draft pick in 2021.

And by the way, for all the "these kids need to have some personal accountability" bros on here, the same goes for the coaches. If you can't close these kids then find another line of work.

I think the Top 12 thing is stupid too and I wish every recruitment was like Lingard or Jaquan, but recruitment is the one period of these kids' careers that they truly control and they are very aware of that fact.

Hartley aint going anywhere unless its for a HC job

Hartley is the new Doc Holliday for Richt.

Advertisement
Hartley should have never posted it. Even if we agree what he says is true (and it is) it will only be used against him and Miami. It would have gone much further and meant so much more if a commit/recruit had posted it to call out guys they knew were being fake.

Miami coaches have left after recruiting kids for as long as the program has been here. On top of it, there's been negative backlash for early commitments we took for this class that we have since backed away from, which will most definitely be called out by some recruits and/or coaches.

You can call things out like this if you are always on the right side of the conversation. But if you're not, you have to expect criticism and potential for negative results.....and that is true for anything in life. Recruits have to expect the same for "playing the game". It doesn't always end well for some of them either.

Hartley should have never posted it. Even if we agree what he says is true (and it is) it will only be used against him and Miami. It would have gone much further and meant so much more if a commit/recruit had posted it to call out guys they knew were being fake.

Miami coaches have left after recruiting kids for as long as the program has been here. On top of it, there's been negative backlash for early commitments we took for this class that we have since backed away from, which will most definitely be called out by some recruits and/or coaches.

You can call things out like this if you are always on the right side of the conversation. But if you're not, you have to expect criticism and potential for negative results.....and that is true for anything in life. Recruits have to expect the same for "playing the game". It doesn't always end well for some of them either.

Have to agree. As much as I love the tweet, sometimes you gotta remember just be the bigger person. Recruiting has always been a 'fluid' game. It's easier when your on top tho. Let's focus on getting back to that. That being said, I love Hartley!

Forget keeping it 100 or keeping it "honest," whatever that means. I suggest keeping it Canes. And as a Cane, I love this mentality.

El Sicario Blanco is a savage and a truthteller. It's traits like these that likely draw kids to him and make him a force on the trail. If some kid or his parents or his handlers are so in their feelings about this tweet that the kid looks elsewhere, then so be it. Wrong mental makeup for this team anyway.

Advertisement
Quite a few Kentucky fans got out their feelings about Jarren Williams and Keontra Smith on Hartley's tweet.... We thought they took it so well - they just saved it up!

Listen I dont mind Hartley posting this, when Saban has an issue he says some **** only bosses on the trail speak like this. People that stay shut get run over in this business, Im glad he said it. Agree with another poster though if a better offer came which will one day for Hartley hes gone.

Quite a few Kentucky fans got out their feelings about Jarren Williams and Keontra Smith on Hartley's tweet.... We thought they took it so well - they just saved it up!
That's ridiculous. He's obviously talking about the drama, lists, my recruitment is wide open, etc....not your normal well thought out flip without drama.

Oh please ***** him..........how is this different than coaches that are offered jobs and spend all their time saying they aren't going anywhere and then leave kids that just committed to them. Its self-interest bull**** from adults telling 18 year old kids that make them alot of money to be all serious and not enjoy a process that is the last time they'll have any control. Just ******* recruit and coach.

Advertisement
Oh please ***** him..........how is this different than coaches that are offered jobs and spend all their time saying they aren't going anywhere and then leave kids that just committed to them. Its self-interest bull**** from adults telling 18 year old kids that make them alot of money to be all serious and not enjoy a process that is the last time they'll have any control. Just ******* recruit and coach.
I'm waiting for a coach to commit to a school, then make a list of his top 12 teams he'll coach, then decommit, then commit somewhere else but say he'll announce his top 4 teams in a month and make a final decision and then finish with "Respect my decision."

I'm waiting for a coach to commit to a school, then make a list of his top 12 teams he'll coach, then decommit, then commit somewhere else but say he'll announce his top 4 teams in a month and make a final decision and then finish with "Respect my decision."
Yea im waiting for adults to stop trying to be such ******** to kids that are 17-18 and making them alot of money.........guess we'll both wait.

Yea im waiting for adults to stop trying to be such ******** to kids that are 17-18 and making them alot of money.........guess we'll both wait.

Calling young men out (generally, and without naming individuals) for a failure to honor commitments and breaking their word is being "such ********?"

Really?

Advertisement

.. how many college coaches leave to the NFL AFTER NSD?? Not much greasier than recruiting someone, promising them you'll be there, and then leaving right after the ink dries as a favor to your former employer.

Every schools deals with it. Yes its frustrating but going at a kid (even subliminally) isn't a way to respond. Our potential starting QB was committed to attend Kentucky when we contacted him. And we did so hoping to eventually get him to back out of his commitment and attend UM. Didn't see a tweet from any coach bashing his decision..

.. how many college coaches leave to the NFL AFTER NSD?? Not much greasier than recruiting someone, promising them you'll be there, and then leaving right after the ink dries as a favor to your former employer.

Every schools deals with it. Yes its frustrating but going at a kid (even subliminally) isn't a way to respond. Our potential starting QB was committed to attend Kentucky when we contacted him. And we did so hoping to eventually get him to back out of his commitment and attend UM. Didn't see a tweet from any coach bashing his decision..

A standard decommit isnt what Hartley is talking about. He's talking about the attention grabbing primadonnas that decommit, but also ***** themselves out on twitter with top 14 lists, decommit, recommit, play hat games, give silents then switch on LOI day, and troll fanbases, all that trash.

Williams committed to Kentucky but decommitted when he saw a better opportunity. He didn't seek attention like Jorbe, Keif Bryant, and the other S FL primadonnas like them.

Advertisement

You clearly haven’t been paying attention if you think that’s a comparable situation to what Hartley was referencing.

Kentucky fans can be angry at Williams for leaving them, but he didn’t play games. That’s what Hartley was referencing.

I guess you didn’t pay close enough attention. Next time, slow down a little. Comprehension works better that way.

- The Life Story of Willie Taggart
#3jobs #365days #DoSomething

64LMl.gif

Calling young men out (generally, and without naming individuals) for a failure to honor commitments and breaking their word is being "such ********?"

Really?
Yes really.......a grown man calling out kids that alloow him to make a ton of money while putting their bodies on a line is an *******......whether a UM coach or another school. Don't know the fascination with loving sports but always taking the side of management or teams instead of the actual guys playing......its insane to me. And in this case its calling out 17-18 years olds for what? cause they change their minds at 18? Petty and stupid.

Who hurt you?
great reply man.......really awesome......you're good. No one hurt me, you just want everyone to cheer our coaches and say that people have to stick to their commitments always.....i'm sure you hold yourself to the same standard.

Advertisement
Back