Hartley Snapped

Advertisement
That kid has a point. Coaches bounce all the **** time without so much as a thought for these kids. Today Hartley is selling The U, tomorrow he will be selling another school with the same rhetoric to the same kids if the offer is better elsewhere.

Didn't Hartley allegedly turn down more money from UGA after this past season? Not to say that he'll never leave, but if that's the case, he's already been faced with a chance to bounce and didn't.

Also, coaches aren't on Twitter talking about "top 12 schools, I've committed to coaching at XYZ but I'm still open to the other schools for my brand."

Not to say coaches don't do dirt, because some of them absolutely do. At this point, Hartley isn't the example of it though

This situation is similar to the coaching carousel but different . The difference is these coaches have families to feed and kids depending on them to provide . These recruits don’t, yet . Leaving a job for a better opportunity is not the same as acting like a diva towards the schools recruiting you offering you full rides and flat out lying to coaches . And if a coach is about to leave a school he usually gets pulled off of the recruiting trail unless it’s the head coach . He doesn’t release a top 5 list of schools he’d like to coach at while telling recruits he’s happy coaching at Miami

Hartley is talking about the public crying for attention of committing, decomitting , shutting things down, opening it up, releasing a top list, or my favorite , honorable mentions . No one is forcing recruits to do any of that . They do that for the likes and RTs and attention . You can still weigh your options and keep your choices open by simply doing just that . Weigh your options with your family and friends, not social media. All these twitter announcements and decision notes are completely voluntary.
And that’s only the side we see. I remember Jobe laughing about not telling Miami he was flipping to Bama. I wonder how many times kids are asked not to commit until they’re completely sure , and commit anyways just to “open things back up” later . I think Hartley is just saying it’s hard to respect those types of “decisions” and he’s absolutely right and not out of line in saying it .

0-Stars bitter mf you didn’t even have a decision to make for it to be respected, sit down

Advertisement
Didn't Hartley allegedly turn down more money from UGA after this past season? Not to say that he'll never leave, but if that's the case, he's already been faced with a chance to bounce and didn't.

Also, coaches aren't on Twitter talking about "top 12 schools, I've committed to coaching at XYZ but I'm still open to the other schools for my brand."

Not to say coaches don't do dirt, because some of them absolutely do. At this point, Hartley isn't the example of it though

First of all, Hartley will 100% leave when he has a better offer. If you don't believe that then I got a bridge to sell you. However he determines a better offer is on him...for some people it isn't only money.

Second of all, the kid is commenting on coaches in general, probably not Hartley specifically. And he is right. College coaches are mercenaries. They talk about "family" and "being teachers" but they're full of **** and well all know it. They make a lot of money and don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about these kids when they're sending the same kids edits about being a First Round draft pick in 2021.

And by the way, for all the "these kids need to have some personal accountability" bros on here, the same goes for the coaches. If you can't close these kids then find another line of work.

I think the Top 12 thing is stupid too and I wish every recruitment was like Lingard or Jaquan, but recruitment is the one period of these kids' careers that they truly control and they are very aware of that fact.

This situation is similar to the coaching carousel but different . The difference is these coaches have families to feed and kids depending on them to provide . These recruits don’t, yet . Leaving a job for a better opportunity is not the same as acting like a diva towards the schools recruiting you offering you full rides and flat out lying to coaches . And if a coach is about to leave a school he usually gets pulled off of the recruiting trail unless it’s the head coach . He doesn’t release a top 5 list of schools he’d like to coach at while telling recruits he’s happy coaching at Miami

Hartley is talking about the public crying for attention of committing, decomitting , shutting things down, opening it up, releasing a top list, or my favorite , honorable mentions . No one is forcing recruits to do any of that . They do that for the likes and RTs and attention . You can still weigh your options and keep your choices open by simply doing just that . Weigh your options with your family and friends, not social media. All these twitter announcements and decision notes are completely voluntary.
And that’s only the side we see. I remember Jobe laughing about not telling Miami he was flipping to Bama. I wonder how many times kids are asked not to commit until they’re completely sure , and commit anyways just to “open things back up” later . I think Hartley is just saying it’s hard to respect those types of “decisions” and he’s absolutely right and not out of line in saying it .

0-Stars bitter mf you didn’t even have a deduction to make for it to be respected, sit down

Dude’s trying to do his own thing with a photography business. That’s a hard racket, and based in south Florida, he’s alienating a bunch of potential customers by tweeting shlt at Hartley.

I mean what fūcking business is it if his anyway, he’s out of college, has nothing to do with the canes. Good luck to him getting that photography gig to even pay his McDonald's bill.

He is in his feelings, but Hartley stepped in **** here, he should have known this would be flipped this way against him by our rivals.

lol worried for nothing. How many recruits offended by his tweet would have actually committed to Miami in the first place? How many primadonna peacocks running around with top 15 lists, decommitting, then playing the hat game on signing day, telling schools you're a silent then switching on LOI day, have we ever gotten?

This tweet is not aimed after any of these flakes and Broward cornballs.

Miami will not be playing this game anymore. Kudos to the coaches. This tweet is aimed after kids who want to conduct themselves with integrity. The Lingards and DJ Dallas' and Navaugn Donaldson's of the world. There is plenty enough talent for Miami to work with without dealing with the above hoodrats and the additional SEC moneybags games.

Advertisement

0-Stars bitter mf you didn’t even have a decision to make for it to be respected, sit down

How is it possible to be a fan of this program and not realize how ridiculous an argument that is? This program is literally built on kids coming in here that had to ball out BECAUSE they had families to support...Bennie Blades talks about it in The U.

One last thought on this.

Hartley has 3 main tasks. Coach tight ends, which he is perfectly average at as far as I can tell. Coach special teams, which he SUCKS at. Recruit, which he is pretty good at. However, if I go to my boss for a performance review and they see that I suck at 33% of my job and I am complaining about how hard another 33% is in public, that ain't a good look.

Hartley has 3 main tasks. Coach tight ends, which he is perfectly average at as far as I can tell. Coach special teams, which he SUCKS at. Recruit, which he is pretty good at. However, if I go to my boss for a performance review and they see that I suck at 33% of my job and I am complaining about how hard another 33% is in public, that ain't a good look.

In today's game, if you can recruit, someone will put you on a staff. None of that other stuff matters, sadly.

Last edited:
The kids we allegedly dropped.
He (Brown) wasn't dropped, per reports. He wasn't pushed for either since he wanted to play defense.

As far as Hartly's post, there's a difference between a recruit changing his mind for whatever reason down the line and a recruit committing then posting a top 10 list. If you committed it should be a top 1 list. That's what his problem is. Kids of course can change their mind but if you have a list then why commit? Take your visits so your 100% but come-on, at least be like 90% on your commit. If you got a top 10 isn't that like I'm 10% committed?

Last edited:
Advertisement
One last thought on this.

Are you retarded? Hartley is talking about common human honor and decency and integrity. He’s talking about attitude and behavior, not about job competence. He’s not attacking recruits for not being good or not fulfilling their recruiting hype on the field. What the fu$$$$ does his special teams coaching have to do with the behavior of the primadonna peacocks running around Dade and broward?

First of all, Hartley will 100% leave when he has a better offer. If you don't believe that then I got a bridge to sell you. However he determines a better offer is on him...for some people it isn't only money.

Second of all, the kid is commenting on coaches in general, probably not Hartley specifically. And he is right. College coaches are mercenaries. They talk about "family" and "being teachers" but they're full of **** and well all know it. They make a lot of money and don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about these kids when they're sending the same kids edits about being a First Round draft pick in 2021.

And by the way, for all the "these kids need to have some personal accountability" bros on here, the same goes for the coaches. If you can't close these kids then find another line of work.

I think the Top 12 thing is stupid too and I wish every recruitment was like Lingard or Jaquan, but recruitment is the one period of these kids' careers that they truly control and they are very aware of that fact.

Didnt Hartley just turn down more money to go to Georgia?

Sounds to me that Hartley is sick of the games and BS. The one thing i can see with this staff is that theres no bull**** and they keep it straight up 💯.

A lot of these young guys either don't like hearing the truth or like playing games

Advertisement
How is it possible to be a fan of this program and not realize how ridiculous an argument that is? This program is literally built on kids coming in here that had to ball out BECAUSE they had families to support...Bennie Blades talks about it in The U.
This has nothing to do with that . It’s about the public crying for attention. Most coaches take other jobs it’s a financial reason behind it . Bag game aside , Recruits aren’t releasing top 30 lists and committing to 3 different schools for financial reasons . Bag game aside , they ain’t supporting their families until they get to the NFL.

I don’t understand what you saying. A lot of these recruits have the talent to , assuming they put in the work required, make it to the league no matter what school they go to . We saw a rugby player go in the 1st round for Christ sakes

Hartley is just keeping it real here. That pre madonna BS should not be tolerated (Fuller, Lucas, Brown, etc.) and props to Hartley for throwing shade at them about it. Brown just decommitted (fine, it happens) and then posted a top 14 (ugh, what?). Fuller comes out with a top 10 but is still committed to FSU. Recruiting is crazy enough as it is but this is too much.

Something just doesn’t add up.
Why get upset over a kid we didn’t want anymore unless that wasn’t the case.
We lost 2 elite kids from the 20 class with ties to the team. Perry is very close to Manuel and Williams is lo’s cousin. Tweed as far as I know hasn’t said anything about the later.
And Jp as far as I recall was a take all the way. If brown doesn’t come that’s even more of a concern given his interest and the fact he’s in our back yard.
I understand this desire to believe we’re chasing other kids. But it’s still concerning. If we really have bigger fish on the radar why catch feelings and send out that tweet?

Leave when he has a better offer?

Hartley just turned down a position coach offer, with more $ from UGA.

And I get you hate Miami, but if you actually followed the team you'd know Hartley is the one coach who has no trouble closing. What he's saying is something this entire board says, and what all college coaches believe.

Advertisement
Back