Harley confirms he will OV to Miami starting tonight.

If Mike Harley was good enough before he affirmed to WVU he's good enough now. Get out of your feels.

if thomas chooses to go to Lville bc of Harley, would you still be okay with it? idc where the dude is from, ill take the better player -- Thomas

I'm talking about Harley irrespective of Thomas. Of course I prefer Thomas of the two. But I'd rather have both.

If Mike Harley was good enough before he affirmed to WVU he's good enough now. Get out of your feels.

Some people didn't think Harley was "good enough" before. Throw in his apparent love for the Gators and trolling Miami before and during the bowl game it is perfectly understandable why fans aren't all that thrilled with him. Until he actually signs a Miami LOI let him get roasted. He didn't mind giving it out.

If you didn't like it Harley when he was a Cane Lock, cool. The reality for most people is they lobbied for months for him to get an offer -- while we were still after Holloman, Smith and Jeudy. That's who I'm talking to. Not people who never wanted him.

Advertisement
LOL Ivins throwing shade @ Canesport and Ferman saying:

"I have been told not to say anything so Im not going to post anything right now, but TOS isn't helping Miami's chances of flipping Harley by running a story"

That might be true but Jesus what is the matter with this kid? How does all this external stuff influence him this easily? Like a middle school girl.

D$ spitting truth in this thread.

We currently have one WR committed. We need bodies.

No. We need players, not bodies. You guys panic too quickly and wanna start settling for "bodies." There are still plenty of guys out there, and we'll get ours.

Would you rather have Dayall Harris 2.0 or Mike Harley?

More drama. I'd rather have Truitt than Harley.

Not every guy you sign late is Dayall Harris. Most major programs have plenty of guys who are signing day decisions. That's how marquee programs operate. They get a lot of really great commits at the very end of the cycle. Don't panic.

Advertisement
I'm triggered by cvnts. He's a low character cvnt. Guys like him fold up. There are better options out there, and I don't want to see my U get trolled any longer by this cvnt.

Quincy Wilson was supposed to be a low-character cvnt. In May, he'll be shaking Roger Goodell's hand.

Could Harley bust? Of course. Half of these kids flop. But he's more talented than the walk-ons he'd be replacing on the depth chart. Bring him in and let his character reveal itself.

DMoney is right, I mean ***** Quincy Wilson, but he's right. I'm not sure why people are throwing feelings into this. You think every kid on our roster worshipped the U or had them #1 ? Come on.

Remember Kellen Winslow wanting to sign with Washington?

You guys are confusing fans' "feelings" with the player's character and ability. Kellen Winslow was never a midget pvssy like Harley. He just wanted to go to Warshington and compromised on Miami. You're comparing apples to oranges.

oh god what did ferman write...

smh

From Canespiss:

It was about a week ago that Ron Dugans made his plea for Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas WR and West Virginia commitment Mike Harley Jr. to give UM a final shot.

"We spoke to him on the phone - coach Dugans said 'I'm not giving up, just please come for a visit,'" Mike Harley Sr. told CaneSport.

Mike Jr., who considers himself a solid Mountaineer commitment, initially told his parents that he didn't want to make the trip.

But now that's changed.

And it was all due to mom and dad.

"My wife is pushing for Miami, and I also would love to see him in orange and green," Mike Sr. said. "So we sat down and talked with him, said `Let's go talk to them, visit.' He agreed but said he's not going to commit there, that he's going to stay firm with West Virginia."

Mike's mother, Timico Slaughters, weighed in that "this is a courtesy visit right now, just going to search around, see things, just figure things out, give UM a chance. That's about it. We're just going to show love to the University of Miami, check things out."

Both parents were asked if there's any chance for Miami at this point.

"I can't say right now," mom said. "It's just more of a courtesy of coming."

Dad's take: "Miami came in just a little too late with an offer - at the beginning of the season they could have offered but wanted to wait, and then he fell in love with West Virginia. Miami's my team, coach Ron Dugans and Mark Richt are such nice guys, but I don't see it happening. Mike says all the time `I want to stay blue and gold,' but maybe it could change over the weekend. I don't know. I'm his dad and I'll back up whatever he wants to do."

CaneSport's take

Miami's obviously very much a longshot here, and coaches didn't visit Harley at school or his home yesterday because there's limited time left and UM has to prioritize guys more likely to be in this class. But mom and dad are on Miami's side, will be on the visit with him, and Cane fans have to hope that a great visit could make a difference.

I'm triggered by cvnts. He's a low character cvnt. Guys like him fold up. There are better options out there, and I don't want to see my U get trolled any longer by this cvnt.

Quincy Wilson was supposed to be a low-character cvnt. In May, he'll be shaking Roger Goodell's hand.

Could Harley bust? Of course. Half of these kids flop. But he's more talented than the walk-ons he'd be replacing on the depth chart. Bring him in and let his character reveal itself.

DMoney is right, I mean ***** Quincy Wilson, but he's right. I'm not sure why people are throwing feelings into this. You think every kid on our roster worshipped the U or had them #1 ? Come on.

You guys are confusing fans' "feelings" with the player's character and ability. Kellen Winslow was never a midget pvssy like Harley. He just wanted to go to Warshington and compromised on Miami. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Well, then you are making a judgement on the kids character without a whole lot of information.

Advertisement

"I have been told not to say anything so Im not going to post anything right now, but TOS isn't helping Miami's chances of flipping Harley by running a story"

So Harley wants to be a total cumbag and completely blindside WVU at the very end after telling them he was 1000% committed? High character guy.

sure, if we get those 4 other kids then we wont be empty handed. are you suggesting he's not that type of kid or that he hadnt already at one point mislead our staff/pete?

I'm suggesting that it doesn't matter at this point and the coaches clearly don't care.

Sounds like the coaches are all-in on Meek Harley. They didn't even bother visiting him at school because they're prioritizing other guys.

Well, then you are making a judgement on the kids character without a whole lot of information.

Nah. I've got enough info to know he's a pvssy. Don't care about him. Let him go play at Wet ******.

Sorry. We gave Harley's spot to Thomas' little sister. She'll be a fine addition to the 2018 women's crew team.

Harley with Rick tonight. "I offered you a chance to be a Cane....."

[video=youtube_share;hqPRwq3QJsk]https://youtu.be/hqPRwq3QJsk[/video]

Advertisement

smh

From Canespiss:

It was about a week ago that Ron Dugans made his plea for Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas WR and West Virginia commitment Mike Harley Jr. to give UM a final shot.

"We spoke to him on the phone - coach Dugans said 'I'm not giving up, just please come for a visit,'" Mike Harley Sr. told CaneSport.

Mike Jr., who considers himself a solid Mountaineer commitment, initially told his parents that he didn't want to make the trip.

But now that's changed.

"My wife is pushing for Miami, and I also would love to see him in orange and green," Mike Sr. said. "So we sat down and talked with him, said `Let's go talk to them, visit.' He agreed but said he's not going to commit there, that he's going to stay firm with West Virginia."

Mike's mother, Timico Slaughters, weighed in that "this is a courtesy visit right now, just going to search around, see things, just figure things out, give UM a chance. That's about it. We're just going to show love to the University of Miami, check things out."

Dad's take: "Miami came in just a little too late with an offer - at the beginning of the season they could have offered but wanted to wait, and then he fell in love with West Virginia. Miami's my team, coach Ron Dugans and Mark Richt are such nice guys, but I don't see it happening. Mike says all the time `I want to stay blue and gold,' but maybe it could change over the weekend. I don't know. I'm his dad and I'll back up whatever he wants to do."

CaneSport's take

Miami's obviously very much a longshot here, and coaches didn't visit Harley at school or his home yesterday because there's limited time left and UM has to prioritize guys more likely to be in this class. But mom and dad are on Miami's side, will be on the visit with him, and Cane fans have to hope that a great visit could make a difference.

Harley f'in blows. Kid is a spoiled brat.

I don't like this kid at all. He's making us look soft.

Say he does flip on NSD. What happens next? He sheepishly gets onto campus and has to apologize for crapping on Miami all year?

He's shown us his character, I see a drama guy, a "me" guy (pardon the use), not a focused team player.

Advertisement
Anybody coming to a judgement based off something Gary Ferman writes in an idiot.

The dude hates Miami.

smh

From Canespiss:

But now that's changed.

CaneSport's take

Harley f'in blows. Kid is a spoiled brat.

This reads two ways. The kid is gettig cold feat about WVU and him and the family want to save face by stupidly playing the hard-to-get angle but he flips to us eventually. OR this punk is still holding out hope for that so gheyly coveted UiF offer and he's willing to do anything to try to give his name any addl juice he can. I'm over him and his family either way.

I want Thomas. This guy is a decent backup plan to Thomas.
Yep. Harley is a nice player, I certainly would like to have his speed on the roster. Thomas is a much much bigger get though. I can't imagine WVU will be too happy if Harley visits.

I will be surprised if he shows up.

WVU got no juice. They'll drive him to his UM visit if he tells them to.
You're probably right. They can't afford to strongarm recruits especially after we sodomized them on national television.

That might be true but Jesus what is the matter with this kid? How does all this external stuff influence him this easily? Like a middle school girl.

Real talk, all of us are middle school girl ****. If we were grown *** men we'd wait till signing day to see what the haul was and judge accordingly. Instead we bicker and hit F5 till our fingers are bloody waiting for a tweet, comment or da plug. All of us, to a person are the problem or ...just fans.

Advertisement
Back