Hardest CFB jobs (from The Athletic)

All of this is true.

Our admin and BOT are pathetic. Rented stadium 45 minutes from campus on a good day, **** facilities, and cheap hires.

Miami deserves every ounce of this criticism and I’m glad to see the media beating this drum.

Next they need to start calling out trustees by name. Shame them in to giving a ****, if that’s what it takes

Advertisement
How about that?

Another excuse-making article quoting AD's eager to provide cover for their fellow administrators who've made lousy coaching hires.

Wonder where UM would've ranked in this same "poll" 20-something years ago when we were winning National Championships like Tiger used to cop majors?

1) Hire a quality HFC

2) Give him the resources needs to bring in a good staff and recruit

3) Keep the on-campus facilities up to date.

4) GTFOW

Last edited:
Exactly, but we have idiots talking about fans lol. Hire a good coach and we’ll be a constant top 10-20 team. Actually spend and care about football and you compete for titles. Other than big games the orange bowl was empty so the attendance and fans talk is only something shills speak on.

You’re exactly right. I’ll add to that also…

Being a fan is generational. I forget who did the study, but some academic actually looked in to what makes someone a fan, and it turns out the #1 predictor of being a fan is what team your father rooted for. Not true for everyone, but true on a macro level.

I say that to say this…people want to talk about the 90’s and how we never sold out the OB. Yeah, but in the 90’s, Miami was a first generation power. If you were going to Canes games back then, you were either alumni or just hopping on the bandwagon. There weren’t that many Canes households.

Fast forward to today, and most of us fans grew up knowing some dominant version of the Canes. We saw them win as kids. The people who went to games in the 90’s never had that. That breeds a different sort of fan, one that’s loyal and generational.

If Miami got good again, they would find they have a lot more fans now than they did in the 90’s because so many of us grew up with them. They would pack the house, they just need to invest and not **** away their advantages like they seem to love doing.

We could force every single Miami student to attend the game and it wouldn't fill half the stadium. I swear people really don't understand that we're a small school. Nor do they understand who buys tickets and attends and why the NFL stadium with all its amenities suits us better than other colleges.
Yeah it’s just the same tired excuse always. Go look at the Notre Dame game or the FSU game and tell me that Miami doesn’t have the support of the fans

Yawn

We may not have the top facilities, but we have enough to be a big program... where we lack truly is staff.... I'm sure we don't have as many supports staff as the big state schools.... Academic support / Nutrition/S&C / Analyst.... and that's all solvable by throwing more money at positions..
This is why making the commitment to a HFC with a proven track record is so important.

We need someone who tells the AD,"Hey, I've gotta have this, this and this or I'm not coming."

Bring in a marginal candidate like Manny who was just happy to have the job — and of course he's gonna take whatever the university offers and move on.

But where does that get the football program in the long run?

Advertisement
You’re exactly right. I’ll add to that also…

Being a fan is generational. I forget who did the study, but some academic actually looked in to what makes someone a fan, and it turns out the #1 predictor of being a fan is what team your father rooted for. Not true for everyone, but true on a macro level.

I say that to say this…people want to talk about the 90’s and how we never sold out the OB. Yeah, but in the 90’s, Miami was a first generation power. If you were going to Canes games back then, you were either alumni or just hopping on the bandwagon. There weren’t that many Canes households.

Fast forward to today, and most of us fans grew up knowing some dominant version of the Canes. We saw them win as kids. The people who went to games in the 90’s never had that. That breeds a different sort of fan, one that’s loyal and generational.

If Miami got good again, they would find they have a lot more fans now than they did in the 90’s because so many of us grew up with them. They would pack the house, they just need to invest and not **** away their advantages like they seem to love doing.
My dad died when I was a year old , and he was a Georgia Tech fan. Maybe it’s a good thing he passed? Jk.

I became a Miami fan because of the unis, the dancing / swag and I liked being the bad guy living in North Central Florida. I’m sure winning also helped .

My dad died when I was a year old , and he was a Georgia Tech fan. Maybe it’s a good thing he passed? Jk.

I became a Miami fan because of the unis, the dancing / swag and I liked being the bad guy living in North Central Florida. I’m sure winning also helped .

Lol. Well I think by not investing in football, Miami is ****ing away a new generation of fans. Those of us who remember Miami as it was are getting older, and I doubt many kids are hyped up about Miami.

Imagine if you grew up during the Al Golden era. Probably wouldn’t be a fan today

Advertisement
Old or knot, the traditional fan base at Miami games came from the Gables, South Miami, Kendall, etc. They don’t make the trek to Hard Rock to sun bathe in an empty stadium.
I don't get your point. My entire group of 20+ have all left the Miami area. I would be interested in knowing the breakdown of where fans attending games are coming from between Dade, Broward and Palm Beach.

Sometimes you guys that want to (and rightfully so) attack the administration are too quick to dilute your arguments by regurgitating a lot of lazy nonsense that were just basically talking points used against us in recruiting battles.

Like seriously shut up with the "but the stadium is 45 mins away and da derp derp derp student section derp derp derp" shtick. About as dumb as anyone mentioning "academic support staff" too.

In 2001, the No. 1 ranked Hurricanes had a home opener against Rutgers after having destroyed Penn State on the road Week 1. The announced attendance at the OB was 39,804. It didn't stop that team from winning a national championship.

Advertisement
Lol. Well I think by not investing in football, Miami is ****ing away a new generation of fans. Those of us who remember Miami as it was are getting older, and I doubt many kids are hyped up about Miami.

Imagine if you grew up during the Al Golden era. Probably wouldn’t be a fan today
Imagine becoming a fan in the late 60’s. The few of us on this board have a much different perspective because we saw what mediocrity was before we became the U. Does that mean I’m content with the situation as it is today? Of course not. I’m just more realistic about what can be accomplished.

Its all BS

Schnellenberger, Johnson, Erickson, Davis, and Coker all had success here despite presidents who publicly wanted to close the program.

Fans pack Hard Rock and have it absolutely rocking when the team plays well.

Won 5 nattys and played for how many more/should've played for how many more without any facilitates?

Advertisement
Who said the OB had 90k? I think the most it ever got to was 85-86k. iirc.

also, UF alum are more than likely to be/stay in state, donate and attend games than UM alums, which are heavy on OOS folks.

yes UM has a ton of OOS students attend more so than a public in state school. even at UM, we still don't have the sheer craze for football as other places. its not a deterrent as the school will never have a large enough student pop to even make a noticeable diff in attendance.

BUT, in todays game, you gotta give back to the program esp if those within the program are telling national and local guys that they won't spend money bc x y z. TOC went into a whole thing about our fundraising from Hurricane Club compared to Clemsons and the vast difference. money is the answer in todays game. we gotta spend more as an admin on football and we also gotta give more back.

I don't get your point. My entire group of 20+ have all left the Miami area. I would be interested in knowing the breakdown of where fans attending games are coming from between Dade, Broward and Palm Beach.

I actually think the location move makes it more convenient. SFL is large and having a stadium in the middle of little Havana makes it more inconvenient esp when the people with DI live outside of the area. those same people in south Miami can still make it to dolphins games just fine. when the marlins moved south, they alienated a ton of froward and PB fans with the distance and the marlins didn't get the uptick from the surrounding areas they thought they would bc guess what, DI matters.

Positive or negative, as long as it is anonymous, I assume the sources aren't real and its the writer's opinions.

Advertisement
Back