Hardest CFB jobs (from The Athletic)

Alex Del Piero

All ACC
Premium
04053289-195B-4F84-94F3-9E3E6ABCA190.jpeg

Voters (60 people working in CFB) were asked to list their toughest five jobs in order of preference.

Advertisement
The Athletic released an article of the hardest jobs in CFB. Miami came in 6th of hardest P5 Jobs, behind Vandy, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas and Washington State, in that order. They polled 60 people in CFB. This is the write up on Miami:

“Miami should be better than what they are from the outside looking in, but it doesn’t look like they’ve invested in their program to give them a chance,” a Power 5 athletic director said, citing a lack of nutrition and strength staff and academic support compared to powers like Alabama and Clemson.

A Group of 5 assistant agreed and pointed out the team’s spotty fan attendance: “Miami is hard. There are no resources. There are big expectations while playing at ‘The U,’ but you’re also playing in front of nobody.”

The team plays at a pro stadium 45 minutes from campus, making attendance difficult when the Canes aren’t dominant and giving the stadium a significant disadvantage without a student section, the rowdiest portion of any crowd. Multiple respondents also cited poor facilities at Miami that raise the degree of difficulty in recruiting, even when there is so much local talent. Other programs in the state can raid the area’s top prospects.

Advertisement
We could force every single Miami student to attend the game and it wouldn't fill half the stadium. I swear people really don't understand that we're a small school. Nor do they understand who buys tickets and attends and why the NFL stadium with all its amenities suits us better than other colleges.

Advertisement
The Athletic released an article of the hardest jobs in CFB. Miami came in 6th of hardest P5 Jobs, behind Vandy, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas and Washington State, in that order. They polled 60 people in CFB. This is the write up on Miami:

“Miami should be better than what they are from the outside looking in, but it doesn’t look like they’ve invested in their program to give them a chance,” a Power 5 athletic director said, citing a lack of nutrition and strength staff and academic support compared to powers like Alabama and Clemson.

A Group of 5 assistant agreed and pointed out the team’s spotty fan attendance: “Miami is hard. There are no resources. There are big expectations while playing at ‘The U,’ but you’re also playing in front of nobody.”

The team plays at a pro stadium 45 minutes from campus, making attendance difficult when the Canes aren’t dominant and giving the stadium a significant disadvantage without a student section, the rowdiest portion of any crowd. Multiple respondents also cited poor facilities at Miami that raise the degree of difficulty in recruiting, even when there is so much local talent. Other programs in the state can raid the area’s top prospects.
Really a trash article that doesn't translate to the reality. Biggest issue is lack of quality head coach. Stadium??? Are you kidding me? Stadium is incredible .. tremendous venue for tailgating and fan amenities. LOUDEST stadium in the ACC without doubt. Stadium location is in the middle of the south Florida fan base region .. on the border between Miami Dade / Broward and Palm Beach Counties. The stadium DOES have a student section .. but these "journalists" fail to include the FACT that Miami's student body is 12,000 .. not a 45,000 SEC school. The stadium would be a nightmare if located near the campus .. a few students would be there and the mass of actual fans that BUY SEASON TICKETS would have to try somehow to deal with the Miami congestion to get there. Poor facilities .. no longer .. IPF, new dorms etc. make that an old, tired argument. ONLY ISSUE is head coach and UM commitment to spend $$ for a quality staff and analysts required to compete in today's environment. UM could have that all in place by January. Oh, and let me add, WIN and they will come. Forget the "empty stadium" nonsense. 2017 .. Va Tech .. place was rocking . .then the following week ND. UM, with a regular 10 win season history, would get 50,000 for smaller games and be sold out for rival games .. no problem. AND LOUD. These "journalists" are regurgitating old perceptions that no longer hold true.

None of this is true anymore. Stadium is far away.. sure. Top 25 facilities, we have just as many guys on our strength staff as anyone else, a football only nutritionist, a brand new nutrition center (2020) and the training table got a face lift a few years before that. The financial commitment is there... everywhere except the salary of the HC.

I've seen lots of facilities. We're not far behind. Our IPF is one of the 5 nicest I've seen, the weightroom is brand new, locker room is about to be renovated again.

Because they believe it to be true and from a funding standpoint they’re right. If y’all want to live in fairy tale land then go ahead. This place sucks because the decisions makers make it suck.
Yes the BOT sucks. The attendance argument is a dead dead dead dead horse and not the reason why Miami struggles. Mark Richt came in and won 10 games his second season and had Miami in the ACC Championship. He let his nepotism, urge to call plays and love for Malik ruin what had promise. The BOT could be better but it doesn't take 200 million dollars from the BOT to make Miami a top ACC just to start

Advertisement
We could force every single Miami student to attend the game and it wouldn't fill half the stadium. I swear people really don't understand that we're a small school. Nor do they understand who buys tickets and attends and why the NFL stadium with all its amenities suits us better than other colleges.
I wonder what other schools in major cities attendance looks like when they are garbage. No way USC is selling out. This isn’t some small college town, why would people pack the stadium to watch this product? It’s clear what happens when the team is good. Herbstreit literally said Hard Rock was one of the loudest stadiums in 2017. If this program wins the stadium bs doesn’t matter.

None of this is true anymore. Stadium is far away.. sure. Top 25 facilities, we have just as many guys on our strength staff as anyone else, a football only nutritionist, a brand new nutrition center (2020) and the training table got a face lift a few years before that. The financial commitment is there... everywhere except the salary of the HC.

I've seen lots of facilities. We're not far behind. Our IPF is one of the 5 nicest I've seen, the weightroom is brand new, locker room is about to be renovated again.
It’s a bunch regurgitated nonsense. It amazes me how every of school in the article had wrong coaching hires highlighted. They get to Miami and nothing about the coaching.

Plus the new dorms are gorgeous

Advertisement
I wonder what other schools in major cities attendance looks like when they are garbage. No way USC is selling out. This isn’t some small college town, why would people pack the stadium to watch this product? It’s clear what happens when the team is good. Herbstreit literally said Hard Rock was one of the loudest stadiums in 2017. If this program wins the stadium bs doesn’t matter.
For their game against Stanford this year, they had 56,945 attend. Full capacity is 77,500.

If we’re winning at the level of the early 2000’s I’d argue the attendance would be even better than it was then because of the stadium we play in. It’s a really nice atmosphere for a game.

While this true people have tossed around that our nutrition is a joke

Advertisement
Back