Hardest CFB jobs (from The Athletic)

The most important part no one notices is that this isn't a journalist's rankings, it's a poll of 60 ADs, Head Coaches, and Coordinators. The comment on underinvesting is coming from a P5 AD.

Perception is important, it makes it that much harder to bring in a top coach if, right or wrong, they believe your facilities and investment suck

Advertisement
Everyone knows the issue with Miami. Only the administration and their shills are the ones who won’t accept the real issue.
It’s all about putting priorities in the right place. I think it’s ironic they put the U on every piece of mail they send out but can’t recruit/convince an experienced coach to come here! I’ve always thought they haven’t offered big $ cause every coach they seemingly interview lacks the resume to command big $. This is why I’m curious where Mario fits in the equation. I personally think he’s the best candidate with Stoops not far behind.

Exactly, but we have idiots talking about fans lol. Hire a good coach and we’ll be a constant top 10-20 team. Actually spend and care about football and you compete for titles. Other than big games the orange bowl was empty so the attendance and fans talk is only something only shills talk about.
How it the writer a "shill" for the program, that makes no sense.

Miami is a small school, even if the stadium was on campus it wouldn't be full the people that fill the stadium are fans that never attended the U, ffs let this trope die. If the stadium was on Coral Gables the attendance would be even worse.
Miami is a different place, if the team is winning and relevant the attendance will be fine, if the team is bad or mediocre the team will play in front of 20/30k

Miami is a small school, even if the stadium was on campus it wouldn't be full the people that fill the stadium are fans that never attended the U, ffs let this trope die. If the stadium was on Coral Gables the attendance would be even worse.
Miami is a different place, if the team is winning and relevant the attendance will be fine, if the team is bad or mediocre the team will play in front of 20/30k

the attendance is what it is. it will be empty for whatever games and packed for big games. nothing will change it. its how the city is w all of its sports teams. it isn't why we suck tho. the heat found ways to remain competitive with this fair-weather fanbase attendance. the panthers are trying to find a way. the fins just suck but they have the largest fanbase of all the teams down here. the marlins are LOL worthy

Advertisement
Im not talking about the writer , I’m talking about people on this board who say it’s the fans. Thats idiotic.

no one is saying its the fans as to why we suck lol. we suck bc the admin sucks and their hiring has sucked along with their investment into the sport. fan support could be a reason as to why we may not be attractive for some candidates. doesn't mean we can't find a competent coach tho

You remind of Rep David Scott saying the issues with the stock market is the retail investors and they should be arrested. While not blaming the real crooks like the hedge funds and the politicians that are paid off by them. The actual people who manipulate and ruin the market for retail investors.

It’s suddenly the little people causing the issues. Not the ones in power snd making the decisions. How rich.

Dude I went to my first game when Jim Kelly was under center and haven’t stopped since. 75% or more of the games I’ve been to since, including the dominant years, were played in a half empty stadium.

Pointing that out doesn’t mean we don’t have a ****** administration too.

Both can be and are true.

All the other assumptions and comparisons you’re making make your avatar very appropriate, which has me chuckling at the irony.

I love how random G5 assistants make comments about our facilities when the only thing they’ve seen of it is the Brad Kayak video tour from like 8 years ago

Advertisement
That's laughable, look at all the schools in a major city. TCU(DFW), SMU(Dallas), Houston, GT, USC, UCLA, Washington, San Diego St., Minnesota, Boston College...there are only a couple that draw as well or better than Miami does. Washington & USC led in 2019, Miami was third.
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2019.pdf

The facilities argument may have been relevant five years ago, but not now.
We finally fixed the facilities after constantly getting clowned on national tv about them. That’s the only time they do anything , when the light shines on the administration. We have one major issue and that’s the administration, the program doesn’t care about winning , spending money and building a football infrastructure. Nothing else matters. If talking fans makes people feel better feel free but that’s just a waste. Miami was on thirty game win steaks , ranked number one with an empty stadium for a noon kickoff against Rutgers.

Go look at the orange bowl when we were winning , the stadium was empty minus the big games. Miami is a small private school playing in a 90,000 seat stadium lol. Hire a good coach and actually spend money the stadium will suddenly have more more people , at least 40-50 K. Funny how that happens when you have people making decisions and know what they’re doing.

The fans and the stadium have nothing to do with hiring a good coach , spending money in the program. We won titles with empty stadiums. Thats nowhere near a serious problem.

This. I read once that you could not fill up a 100k stadium with Miami's living alumni (give or take and that was the stat 10 years ago but you get the point).

We never filled up the OB even in the early 00s for middling conference games.

This. I read once that you could not fill up a 100k stadium with Miami's living alumni (give or take and that was the stat 10 years ago but you get the point).

when was the OB 90k? lol.

most I've seen it was like 80 and that's w the bleachers they added in for the FSU games.

Advertisement

Blaming the fans takes the heat off the real problem. And people will run with it like it’s a real issue lol. We’ll never come close to selling out that stadium. Only big games , when we’re good. Sound familiar? lol.

As a fan I'll promise to try harder. I'll buy more merchandise and make donations, maybe even attend a few games. I usually go to the lesser attended ones, so that should help.

But in exchange for my newfound commitment, I ask the university to show me that football matters to them as much as it does to me. Invest in a new AD and coach whoa re committed to winning and understand that fundraising is easier when they do that. Once they do that, I'll do my part.

Advertisement
when was the OB 90k? lol.

most I've seen it was like 80 and that's w the bleachers they added in for the FSU games.
The point was the stadium was empty for half the games. While having a great on field product. Our fans are far from the best but to act like they’re anywhere close to the problem is ridiculous. We have one major problem. The one constant.

Advertisement
Back