Hardest CFB jobs (from The Athletic)

Traffic would be an absolute nightmare. If you think attendance is bad now, just put the stadium downtown and lose everybody from the suburbs as well as Broward and Palm Beach.

Miami will never be like one of the big northern cities where people walk and they have usable public transportation.
There's a reason people keep saying the stadium isn't an issue. It's because they know the area and have been to games. An on campus stadium or one even slightly closer to campus would actually draw fewer fans. Do you really think all those Golden Canes are going to write big checks to go and sit in bleachers after they've had luxury suites?

Show me an on campus stadium with stadium seats, plenty of room for tailgating and dining options like this.

Has he ever driven to a canes hoops game on a weeknight when we have duke or unc in town p. It’s a mightare

Advertisement
Traffic would be an absolute nightmare. If you think attendance is bad now, just put the stadium downtown and lose everybody from the suburbs as well as Broward and Palm Beach.

Miami will never be like one of the big northern cities where people walk and they have usable public transportation.

How does anyone get to Heat games?

Going to a game at Hard Rock is EONS better than going to a game at the OB. Yes, the OB was beloved, it was unique, but it was a dump, like most college facilities. Once we moved to Hard Rock, and Hard Rock got renovated, it made me realize how big of a POS places like Memorial Stadium in Nebraska and Doak are. Not having to wash your hand in a communal sink like I did when we played in Lincoln is something we take for granted. Not ****ing in a trough like we do at Doak is nice. We are now spoiled at Hard Rock, especially if you pay for premium seating options. Once I started getting Club Level seats, going to a game became more like having a party, instead of something to survive. I remember going to noon games at the OB as an undergrad, it was miserable at times. First of all, getting a parking pass was a nightmare, so you had to take the Metro. Then you had to track down your friends that did get a spot, try to tailgate(Which was annoying because people were packed in like sardines) then go into a stadium where the drink options were **** warm Presidente, flat soda and maybe if you were lucky a lemon chill.

Compare that to what you get at Hard Rock. I've noticed that when I go to games at Hard Rock, I'm not nearly as worn out, not nearly as miserable, even though the product is infuriating to watch. Once Miami gets a compelling product on the field, the atmosphere will be insane.

It's amazing how many ADs and other people rely on tired tropes, because like a lot of our fans, they can't be bothered to do basic research.

Advertisement
Bruh get this BS out of here. Everyone really is just repeating what they see other say about Miami.
This! It’s the same **** we’ve heard since forever. No money, no facilities, no stadium, no fans… FOH!
1634176028320.gif

I made it abundantly clear that I agree with the messenger (fellow Canes fans/alumni that have major issues with the state of athletics) but disagree when the valid complaints get diluted and involve throwing EVERYTHING against the wall and using dumb dated or irrelevant talking points that you're more likely to hear from inbred UiF fans than anyone really focused on our actual issues.

Whining about the stadium? Really? Were we whining about it when Herbie was slobbering over the atmosphere for the Notre Dame game? The stadium is at worst a non-issue.

"Academic support" too? Really? You EVER hear our kids complaining about the academic rigors being too restrictive at UM? You ever hear any of our coaches EVER complain about it even off the record? You ever hear us recently missing out on recruits we really want due to academics?

Focus on the REAL issue and not all the other noise that other programs WISH were real factors with us.

We have a totally inept AD. We have people around him that have also shown to be equally inept when hiring a head coach (sans Richt falling into our lap). We have a school that hasn't yet made the next step in willingness to pay very upper echelon money to get a head coach.

Everything else is propaganda or minutiae.

I guarantee I miss the OB as much as anyone. Get over it.
What's funny is that Miami Football regularly does well in regards to APR and the like. If the academic support was so incredibly bad, that wouldn't be the case. I'm convinced that a lot of ADs just have an assistant read message boards and then run with what they find. A lot of the complaints lodged against Miami, which aren't anywhere near true are also the same complaints a lot of our fanbase, most of whom have little experience going to games or being on campus have thrown around.

Advertisement
"The Stadium Is 45 Minutes Away!"

I flew from Madison, WI because I planned a month in advance to attend the 2017 Notre Dame game.

When the team is exciting, the fans show up. Period.
The stadium might be 45 minutes from Coral Gables (that’s pushing it) but a majority of the people going to games aren’t coming from Coral Gables anyway. So the whole “it’s not close to campus” argument is pointless.

This is such a tired take, our issues have nothing to do with facilities, stadium being far away, attendance, nutrition, or money. It's simply because the culture at the U is not a winning culture. We have plenty to win at the U. We are the most under performing blue chip team, that's not because of facilities or lack of fan support. It's because no one in the admin gives a flying f and they don't set the tone for the football program to be a winning team. They set an average is ok tone and that's what we get on the field.

Advertisement
Back