Hardest CFB jobs (from The Athletic)

Advertisement
While this true people have tossed around that our nutrition is a joke
Then Kyle Bellamy needs to go because he has all the resources he needs to do what he's supposed to do. He has multiple graduate and student assistants under him.

Don't take that as fact.. a lot of people confuse nutrition and strength and conditioning as why we look the way we do on the field. We recruit the kids the way they are. Those things aren't making that big of an impact as people think. Kids are monsters or they're not. You can tweak about 5-10% change in an athlete via those elements. The other 90-95% is just how they are.

Miami had a national title team (probably an all time top 5 team) that was coached by a guy who seemingly got fired from UTSA, and was recruited by a guy who seemingly got fired from FIU.

Doesn't seem like a very hard job to me.

No lies told.

Small school, fickle, bandwagon jumping fan base, spotty attendance and no on campus atmosphere.

But we should still be better.
Shocking you left off the important things that matter and have the control. You’re the msm of posting . You literally left off the major issue of the administration not trying or caring , being inept or never spending. We were winning titles playing in empty stadiums amd playing in a dump. Keep blaming the fans. There’s no doubt you’re connected to somebody inside the program.

You’re a joke.

7AFC4832-9BF1-411E-B886-523B7BCD7EA6_1_105_c.jpeg

Advertisement
the entire country loves to live 10years+ in the past when it comes to thinking about Miami.... During Urbans 47 Gator arrest they were still talking about Miami as a trouble school with tons of arrest... we weren't even top 25 in troubled players... now it's knocking facilities, not knowing anything we've done in the last 5years....

We may not have the top facilities, but we have enough to be a big program... where we lack truly is staff.... I'm sure we don't have as many supports staff as the big state schools.... Academic support / Nutrition/S&C / Analyst.... and that's all solvable by throwing more money at positions..

Canes Ave attendance over 5 years ranks in mid 30s. Not bad for a small private school. Must be a lot of other schools with spotty attendence. I know that is tickets sold and not buts in seats. So is other schools attendence numbers

Let's invest like Texas has in football and still be trash, they prob still blame attendance. Maybe we should be more like FSU and **** near go bankrupt. GT Facilities are amazing, how is that working out?

That's laughable, look at all the schools in a major city. TCU(DFW), SMU(Dallas), Houston, GT, USC, UCLA, Washington, San Diego St., Minnesota, Boston College...there are only a couple that draw as well or better than Miami does. Washington & USC led in 2019, Miami was third.
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2019.pdf

The facilities argument may have been relevant five years ago, but not now.

Advertisement
Every good coach we’ve had in the last 40 years has either won a title, gone to the NFL, or both. The only exception is Richt, who won National Coach of the Year before retiring.

All of the bad coaches we hired never got another job, which confirms how bad they were.

That's laughable, look at all the schools in a major city. TCU(DFW), SMU(Dallas), Houston, GT, USC, UCLA, Washington, San Diego St., Minnesota, Boston College...there are only a couple that draw as well or better than Miami does. Washington & USC led in 2019, Miami was third.
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2019.pdf

The facilities argument may have been relevant five years ago, but not now.
Everyone knows the issue with Miami. Only the administration and their shills are the ones who won’t accept the real issue.

Canes Ave attendance over 5 years ranks in mid 30s. Not bad for a small private school. Must be a lot of other schools with spotty attendence. I know that is tickets sold and not buts in seats. So is other schools attendence numbers

USCw's attendance seems to be hardly any better than Miami's. Even though they have a much more storied football history than Miami.

I think people underestimate the problems with attendance being a small private school.

Advertisement
Every good coach we’ve had in the last 40 years has either won a title, gone to the NFL, or both. The only exception is Richt, who won National Coach of the Year before retiring.

All of the bad coaches we hired never got another job, which confirms how bad they were.
Exactly, but we have idiots talking about fans lol. Hire a good coach and we’ll be a constant top 10-20 team. Actually spend and care about football and you compete for titles. Other than big games the orange bowl was empty so the attendance and fans talk is only something shills speak on.

Last edited:
Yawn. Same talking points no longer based in truth with the new **** sentence or two on how we aren’t committed to winning after what herbie said on gameday. Invest in coaching and suddenly all will be well

Advertisement
Shocking you left off the important things that matter and have the control. You’re the msm of posting . You literally left off the major issue of the administration not trying or caring , being inept or never spending. We were winning titles playing in empty stadiums amd playing in a dump. Keep blaming the fans. There’s no doubt you’re connected to somebody inside the program.

You’re a joke.

The prior conversation was about attendance and location. That’s why I commented on that aspect.

I know you’re taking your newfound moping seriously and I’ve been lax in liking all your posts, something you’re ultra sensitive about, but you really need to calm down Karen.

We could force every single Miami student to attend the game and it wouldn't fill half the stadium. I swear people really don't understand that we're a small school. Nor do they understand who buys tickets and attends and why the NFL stadium with all its amenities suits us better than other colleges.

also when I was there we played at the OB and HRS, students didn't go to either one lol. the student body just isn't football crazed and combine with a small student pop. if its a big game, everyone went just like the fanbase. Miami will never a sports town in a traditional sense.

The prior conversation was about attendance and location. That’s why I commented on that aspect.

I know you’re taking your newfound moping seriously and I’ve been lax in liking all your posts, something you’re ultra sensitive about, but you really need to calm down Karen.

You remind of Rep David Scott saying the issues with the stock market is the retail investors and they should be arrested. While not blaming the real crooks like the hedge funds and the politicians that are paid off by them. The actual people who manipulate and ruin the market for retail investors.

It’s suddenly the little people causing the issues. Not the ones in power snd making the decisions. How rich.

Exactly, but we have idiots talking about fans lol. Hire a good coach and we’ll be a constant top 10-20 team. Actually spend and care about football and you compete for titles. Other than big games the orange bowl was empty so the attendance and fans talk is only something only shills talk about.

the fans aren't why we suck but it is something that some coaches would prefer in terms of attractiveness of this job. not all coaches care, but id guess some do just like some recruits prolly do. if the admin got their **** together wed be better and product would be more enjoyable.

Advertisement
Back