Guys please, we gotta chill with the TVD stuff

Advertisement
I get what you saying.. and a lot of us could chill out more..

But TVD and a bunch of these QBs are making more than some starting NFL QBs (SF QB for sure).. these dudes aren’t amateurs anymore, just college athletes anymore..

They’re basically minor league players at this point.

These are legit questions and concerns most of us have of him.

When you throw in the fact his body language is straight up trash.. as fans.. many who are spending hard earn money weekly to watch this team.. you want to see a team that fights at the very least.. and show they give a ****.. but the presumed leader of the team, whose making more than most of the fans in the stands just continues to make the same bad mental errors.. while looking like he could care less.. for 3 straight years now
I’m with you. I’ve said the same things. Not defending him at all

Just saying there’s some things we probably should chill on saying since there’s plenty of legit criticisms

I’m not in any way shape or form “don’t criticize him”

That would be foolish

Here's the thing, and I can only continue to keep stating this:

Andrew Luck ****ed blood for weeks straight and played with pain and injuries far beyond any fans understanding. Thats why, when he abruptly retired and looked completely broken from the inside-out, all Colts fans did was boo him out of the stadium.

Andrew Luck was one of the happiest, nicest people walking around with a tremendous passion for football and in that press conference, he looked like as if someone had taken his soul out of him.

I don't give a **** about age, or message boards, or Twitter. People read it. And some day, people have not enough self-esteem to say it to their face when they walk around. You're going to find out.

Here's the thing, and I can only continue to keep stating this:

Andrew Luck ****ed blood for weeks straight and played with pain and injuries far beyond any fans understanding. Thats why, when he abruptly retired and looked completely broken from the inside-out, all Colts fans did was boo him out of the stadium.

Andrew Luck was one of the happiest, nicest people walking around with a tremendous passion for football and in that press conference, he looked like as if someone had taken his soul out of him.

I don't give a **** about age, or message boards, or Twitter. People read it. And some day, people have not enough self-esteem to say it to their face when they walk around. You're going to find out.
Fans legitimately have zero idea what players are dealing with...physically or mentally. We get to see them for 3 hours a week for 13 weeks a year.

It’s always funny, CIS usually tears down a player, then cribby or some other insider a few months later provides context about what was going on with said player and everyone back tracks.

He’s probably really injured and it’s totally effecting his play and mentality

Look at JW last year (when he was injured but playing) vs. this year. Totally different dude

TVD was healthy through the first 4 games and he was great. It also allowed Shannon Dawson to scheme and game plan how he wants to.

The last 4 he’s been injured. And it’s limited the whole offense. It’sthe reason why I thought we should’ve rolled with Emory this week to let TVD heal.

We need him as healthy as he can be for FSU

Advertisement
Fans legitimately have zero idea what players are dealing with...physically or mentally. We get to see them for 3 hours a week for 13 weeks a year.

It’s always funny, CIS usually tears down a player, then cribby or some other insider a few months later provides context about what was going on with said player and everyone back tracks.
Gronk is the most nuts and fun loving person on the internet.

He described having sleepless nights because he felt he had liquid moving in his head and cried after his last super bowl win because the bruise on his hamstring he got was so bad.

We never know. We never ******* know.

IMG_0864.jpeg

I think most people get what I’m driving at here and not to quote you when you’re talking to another poster, but I’m 100% for starting Emory this week just so I’m clear if people think I’m defending his game

Nah man I think your post is 100%. I’m just annoyed at the people who were diminishing what Emory did last week to try to build up TVD. You’re not one of those people at all.

TVD has tremendous physical gifts… it was easy to write off last year as being 100% on Gattass, but it’s pretty clear there are issues beyond any single coach and I think some of it has to do with work ethic and leadership. His physical ability at 100% and the right playcalling and matchups can mask some of that… but it gets exposed when he is at all physically limited and/or the defense disguises zone coverages.

Again, Gatass was a d!{€, but I don’t think he made up the fact that TVD only hung out with X outside of practice and structured team events.

Anyway… I’m not sure what the answer is with a healthy TVD but I 100000% agree with @SWFLHurricane that Emory absolutely needs to be starting if TVD isn’t physically 100%.

And I do think Emory has the makings of a really bright future here. Mario needs a total football nerd QB… I think that’s actually the only path to success for him because an OC behind center can take a lot of pressure off the sideline (which Mario definitely needs). And TVD is most definitely not that.

Advertisement
He’s probably really injured and it’s totally effecting his play and mentality

Look at JW last year (when he was injured but playing) vs. this year. Totally different dude

TVD was healthy through the first 4 games and he was great. It also allowed Shannon Dawson to scheme and game plan how he wants to.

The last 4 he’s been injured. And it’s limited the whole offense. It’sthe reason why I thought we should’ve rolled with Emory this week to let TVD heal.

We need him as healthy as he can be for FSU

Let’s see:

First four games he’s healthy, feeling good, and leading the country in passing efficiency.

The last three, he’s walking around with more artificial appendages than Darth Vader.

And his quality of play has fallen off ….

Must be a coincidence

Thank you, @JHallCanes.rt

People read things like height and weight and dont realize these are 18 - 22 year old YOUNG men who are doing their best.

This. I was a ****** at 19 and these guys are on tv and being interviewed by reporters. I envy them so much and to see them get torn down by social media is mind blowing to me

Anyone who conflates his playing with his person is a certified POS and I'm thankful there's no one anywhere near similar to you in my life.

That being said, kid has played himself out of being drafted this year and if Mario's wet dream is to 2 yards and a cloud of dust our way to finishing 4-0 then we need to seriously consider Emory being our man. Split the first team reps in practice and let the floating **** rise to the top. The starting QB is only going to lose us games at this point and this ain't no charity. Let the least incompetent QB play.

Advertisement
I think that’s part of it where sometimes down the road we find out there’s more to a story

Injuries are very quiet around here and I’ve been guilty of criticism and then made to feel pretty dumb down the road

Players play like **** and they get criticized that’s part of the deal. But I question whether people are actually fans when you get so dark and personal with things

To me it just says more about the fan and them using sports to feel better about themselves but I don’t want to be a hypocrite here and analyze people that are analyzing people
This is just it. Most of these simpletons are bipolar so he's either the greatest or worst. There is no reasoning with the logic that says a guy can go from slinging dimes all over the field to throwing short for an INT because of any reason than he sucks and must be replaced.

I've said privately that I think his injuries are impacting him. He's trying to reconcile what he could do in the past with what he can do now while paying attention to not hurting himself worse.

Anyone who conflates his playing with his person is a certified POS and I'm thankful there's no one anywhere near similar to you in my life.

That being said, kid has played himself out of being drafted this year and if Mario's wet dream is to 2 yards and a cloud of dust our way to finishing 4-0 then we need to seriously consider Emory being our man. Split the first team reps in practice and let the floating **** rise to the top. The starting QB is only going to lose us games at this point and this ain't no charity. Let the least incompetent QB play.
Yeah I mean we are still 6-2 and despite maybe some thinking it’s lowered expectations, we still have some big games in front of us

Emory did what he needed to do and won a game against Clemson, and TVD has shown at times to be able to let it rip

We are probably gonna have to win super ugly the next few weeks, but **** it make it super ugly. Let’s just win

Advertisement
If you’re referring to the original post then the entire point went completely over your head and your agenda is showing

I’m not defending him at all
There is no agenda and you made valid points. This not a personal shot at you.

All I’m saying is that I haven’t seen this type of concern for past QBs while playing this bad. In fact I haven’t seen this when any other player has played bad.

For example…DJ Ivey. Instead of people saying chill out, support the man or maybe he is dealing with some stuff. He has been turned into a legit CIS meme.

I just find it hypocritical we do this for one player while we turn around be absolutely ruthless to the next.

There is no agenda and you made valid points. This not a personal shot at you.

All I’m saying is that I haven’t seen this type of concern for past QBs while playing this bad. In fact I haven’t seen this when any other player has played bad.

For example…DJ Ivey. Instead of people saying chill out, support the man or maybe he is dealing with some stuff. He has been turned into a legit CIS meme.

I just find it hypocritical we do this for one player while we turn around be absolutely ruthless to the next.
Gotcha gotcha no arguments here

In all honesty you’re probably on to something just from reading the boards. Seeing dudes like Flagg for example having people hype him up after saying the most god awful **** about him for years

People celebrated Mallory looking like he broke his neck

I get your point and I agree with it

It's very obvious that TVD has an injury. Unfortunately Mario is a meathead coach and doesn't recognize what he's doing. Recruits are watching this **** show of an offense. If I was a receiver the last place I would want to go is UM. Our offense had becaome very predictable, boring, and hard to watch. Throw balls in the flat and zero in on Restrepo. TVD has zero vision, very little mobility, and a penchant to throwing INT's at the worst tme. It's hard for me to come to any other conclusion that TVD must sit and he is NOT the future of the Hurricanes. I have never ever seen a QB that looks lost and uninspired more than TVD. I would play JB and Emory in a heartbeat and sit TVD. I believe Dawson needs to be either much more creative or say adios to TVD. Mario should take a look at the stadium being half filled. He is the reason! Until he is healthy and much better TVD should never take another snap!

Advertisement
Back