Guys please, we gotta chill with the TVD stuff

@JHallCanes like I’ve said before, the guys that come on here with ridiculous takes and criticisms are guys who never played sports other than little league. These are guys that have never
sustained injuries,
tried their hardest and failed,
been in a locker room after a win,
been in a locker room after a loss,
Or lived with the shame of making a mistake while playing.

These guys are nerds who have just been fans their whole lives without ever having to endure what it takes to be an athlete. Dave Portnoy types. Take what they say with a grain of sal

@JHallCanes like I’ve said before, the guys that come on here with ridiculous takes and criticisms are guys who never played sports other than little league. These are guys that have never
sustained injuries,

These guys are nerds who have just been fans their whole lives without ever having to endure what it takes to be an athlete. Dave Portnoy types. Take what they say with a grain of salt
This is the poster that fuels a lot of the toxic damage done in this fan base. Instead of bringing substance to the debate, he stirs up division. I started to go off but what good would that have done. The sad thing is, there are others that think just like you.
If you disagree with something I post, respond to my post. You don't know me, my background or my qualifications; why are you referencing anything about someone personally. I guess that says more about you than anything. Whenever you want to talk X's & O's, locker room tails and road trip stories let me know, I got plenty. Don't be the "know it all/always right" guy, there are always ppl who will let you do all the talking while totally thinking, what a dumbazz.

Advertisement
This is the poster that fuels a lot of the toxic damage done in this fan base. Instead of bringing substance to the debate, he stirs up division. I started to go off but what good would that have done. The sad thing is, there are others that think just like you.
If you disagree with something I post, respond to my post. You don't know me, my background or my qualifications; why are you referencing anything about someone personally. I guess that says more about you than anything. Whenever you want to talk X's & O's, locker room tails and road trip stories let me know, I got plenty. Don't be the "know it all/always right" guy, there are always ppl who will let you do all the talking while totally thinking, what a dumbazz.
Hey man I didn’t call anyone out specifically. I’ve never even read any of your posts that I can remember.??? I want attacking anyone specifically

Bud, stfu. I legit said if TVD isn’t healthy Williams should start. TVD was healthy enough to play so he should have started like he did. Go through my post history. **** off

I was legit laughing at you trying to hang your hat on 5 completions and 65 yards acting like he carried the team and you were trying to crown a kid that you’re inevitably going to turn on the second he doesn’t perform.

Have another one pal. Fans like you are why the national media laugh at us.

Ok got it. So it’s cool to diminish Emory’s play but you better shine TVD’s ***hole or Mr. BostonCane is gonna have a word.

But hey, at least you’re not blaming TVD’s health as the reason he played worse than Emory (against a dregs of CFB defense, no less). I guess he’s just not a very good QB… though I already knew that.

Advertisement
Ok got it. So it’s cool to diminish Emory’s play but you better shine TVD’s ***hole or Mr. BostonCane is gonna have a word.

But hey, at least you’re not blaming TVD’s health as the reason he played worse than Emory (against a dregs of CFB defense, no less). I guess he’s just not a very good QB… though I already knew that.
🤡
You’d rather the canes lose with TVD than win so you can run on here and take a victory lap.

If Emory is da gawd, are you taking a transfer QB this offseason?

Last edited:
🤡
You’d rather the canes lose with TVD than win so you can run on here and take a victory lap.

If Emory is da gawd, are you taking a transfer QB this offseason?
You take a transfer bcuz you need the bodies and competition at the position. The problem is that iron doesn't sharpen iron at the U no more. Mario came into the job praising #9 w/out seeing him in person one time. He could have easily said, "I heard a lot about #9 and I look forward to seeing what he can do."
[BGCOLOR=initial] Regardless of Emory, Jacurri, Judd, and whomever else is in the room, it should be a QB competition. Don't make any promises to a portal guy, just come in and compete. That comp should guarantee you 4 games as the starter; after that, you evaluate and proceed with what's best for the team.[/BGCOLOR]

First things first this is not me on a soapbox. I’m directing this at me and hopefully others think about it too

I’m not saying don’t criticize this kid. He’s playing miserably at the moment

But this kid is the quarterback of the team we all love and the comments making insinuations about his mental health are things we need to check ourselves on

Something is up with him. Maybe it really is that he doesn’t give a ****. Maybe he thinks it’s funny to throw INTs

I’m betting that’s not true

He’s obviously hurt. Hopefully he’s been checked for concussions and hopefully behind closed doors he’s getting the help he needs

But the thing is none of us know what’s going on and venting our frustrations on a kid that has taken the field injured about 100x we gotta watch what we say when it comes to mental health

If you’ve ever been through therapy, you know you don’t just show up and some psychologist fixes you overnight

As fans let’s not take the frustration of some parts of the season out on anyone, TVD or whoever, where we treat our players like the sick ***** we see online from other teams

Criticize appropriately but let’s not be those fans

No

yep

and to be fair anyone who predicted 12-0, 11-1, or 10-2 based on last season and just the offseason should probably checked into a mental institution

absolutely we are moving in the right direction
Wait Up Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

Advertisement
Criticize the play not the player.

The gameday threads are a perfect example of the “what have you done for me lately” crowd. One bad play, and many are calling to empty the bench. The next play is a good one and “We Byke!”

I always cringe when I see any player attacked on a personal level. Remember when we were 18-22 years old and all the things we dealt with and then compound that by being a D1 football player - which BTW, the vast majority of us never have been.
Andy Campbell Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

You are making excuses. If you're injured, you need to sit your butt down somewhere like the others. Its amazing how some of these same ppl have a history on other threads of calling ppl names and bashing other players, now want pity for a guy they love. I've played and coached; you either can get the job done or you need to get off the field. His cuddlers are saying he's injured; coaches are suiting him up and playing him, his job is to perform. No one is forcing him to go out there; get it done or deal with the heat.
Settle down

There's actually been a number of psych studies done on the subject. When a fan's personal life gets to a point where they define themselves by their sports teams' success, that's when they lose sight of what's truly real.

Maybe a message from DJ Williams can change some folks tune around here.

The energy is low because most fans, having been through this for the last 20+ years where they have experienced nothing but failure as a program (what, one 10 win season in that time frame??) is waiting for that shoe to drop where the bottom falls out. That one 10 win season, we went out with a dud losing 3 straight games).

It’s a defense mechanism of not setting themselves up for disappointment.

That’s just my opinion but that’s how I feel.

I can tell, within 2-3 drives watching the offense and defense where things are going. I am texting with buddies during the games and correctly, for the last 20 years, know excerpt for what type of game it going.

This is not the NFL where everything is designed to be a 1 score game or a 10 point game week to week for the most part.

This is college football where regardless of how much the landscape has changed, the good teams, for the most part, will destroy or convincingly defeat an opponent. It may not be straight out of the shoot, but at some point in the game, they pull away.

Perfect example, vs UVA - great rushing TD and the next play, pick 6. That right there was the moment to pretty much take their soul and we didn’t do that.

So, why fill yourself with what is likely a false narrative and false hope when your gut is telling you what you are seeing may come down crashing because we aren’t there yet as a program. We are at the infancy of the Mario era, for better or worse and based on how year 1 went, I am in prove it to me more before I give you my soul. Hurts less that way.

Advertisement
The energy is low because most fans, having been through this for the last 20+ years where they have experienced nothing but failure as a program (what, one 10 win season in that time frame??) is waiting for that shoe to drop where the bottom falls out. That one 10 win season, we went out with a dud losing 3 straight games).

I can tell, within 2-3 drives watching the offense and defense where things are going. I am texting with buddies during the games and correctly, for the last 20 years, know excerpt for what type of game it going.

This is not the NFL where everything is designed to be a 1 score game or a 10 point game week to week for the most part.

This is college football where regardless of how much the landscape has changed, the good teams, for the most part, will destroy or convincingly defeat an opponent. It may not be straight out of the shoot, but at some point in the game, they pull away.

Perfect example, vs UVA - great rushing TD and the next play, pick 6. That right there was the moment to pretty much take their soul and we didn’t do that.

So, why fill yourself with what is likely a false narrative and false hope when your gut is telling you what you are seeing may come down crashing because we aren’t there yet as a program. We are at the infancy of the Mario era, for better or worse and based on how year 1 went, I am in prove it to me more before I give you my soul. Hurts less that way.

Mental health professionals refer to it as "BCFS"

(Battered Canes Fan Syndrome).

Last year we thought tvd was jag and Garcia was the truth
I myself was one of them
Then OMFG he was horrible basically spray and pray
And we realized truly how bad our backs ups were that’s why they kept playing a hurt tvd
But Emory didn’t look that bad against Clemson
And they should stop playing tvd and heal him up
He’s not doing anyone any favors by playing hurt

sustained injuries,

These guys are nerds who have just been fans their whole lives without ever having to endure what it takes to be an athlete. Dave Portnoy types. Take what they say with a grain of salt
Not everyone is just a nerd and have played some type of sport. Maybe not college but HighSchool or been a squad leader in a military setting and have lost friends during missions. Football is a beautiful sport that teaches you so many things about what lies ahead in real life. I still remember The Legend Coach Kenneth Dodd at Miami High, so full of wisdom. One thing he always said especially to the Seniors enjoy the time you boys have playing this beautiful game because for most of ya’ll this is the end of the Line. Maybe some have not played in a team setting but to think that people don’t understand football is ludicrous because many of those non players become coaches. To think TVD should be kept as the starter is focking Nuts! Another saying from The Legend Coach Dodd🤣😂 he’d say to some you’re going to be a great accountant, Coach, stock broker whatever because you sure ain’t a football player. 🤣😂🤣He was so real and honest but he truly cared about every player. RIP Legend

Last edited:
Advertisement
Last year we thought tvd was jag and Garcia was the truth
I myself was one of them
Then OMFG he was horrible basically spray and pray
And we realized truly how bad our backs ups were that’s why they kept playing a hurt tvd
But Emory didn’t look that bad against Clemson
And they should stop playing tvd and heal him up
He’s not doing anyone any favors by playing hurt
I sure didn’t think Garcia was the truth but I was hoping he’d develop and beat out TVD

shocked jim carrey GIF

Advertisement
Back