Guys please, we gotta chill with the TVD stuff

Advertisement
How did this even come up here on CIS and at the game - mental health
Not sure tbh

It’s been brewing the last few weeks with little psychoanalysis comments and then this week got weird

Like I said **** he’s a QB at Miami playing horribly right now. His play is wide open for criticism and comments that just how life works

Advertisement
Seeing dudes like Flagg for example having people hype him up after saying the most god awful **** about him for years

i try to refrain from crapping on players because i'm just not that great an x and o guy, i just love watching the game.

But to see Flagg having the season he's having makes me love the guy, blasted here but bleeds orange and green and plays with heart

i try to refrain from crapping on players because i'm just not that great an x and o guy, i just love watching the game.

But to see Flagg having the season he's having makes me love the guy, blasted here but bleeds orange and green and plays with heart
Yeah a lot of times in the past I usually blame the coaches putting some of these guys in these positions to fail

That’s where my brain goes anyway

I’m cool with people criticizing players just trying to add some perspective even if some don’t agree, that’s cool too

you would never know we won last night reading the board today

Its only because we have 4 games to go and we have no passing game from here and out. Next 3 games I have always had as a tough stretch before the season. I'm hoping they go 2-2 but we might go 0-4 to end the year. 3 road games and 2 of them is the toughest ACC stadiums. Its not fun when you gotta go depend on the running game, short passes and defense. So I get it

Its only because we have 4 games to go and we have no passing game from here and out. Next 3 games I have always had as a tough stretch before the season. I'm hoping they go 2-2 but we might go 0-4 to end the year. 3 road games and 2 of them is the toughest ACC stadiums. Its not fun when you gotta go depend on the running game, short passes and defense. So I get it
Yeah man I definitely didn’t come on here to tell people not to be ****ed off or worried

I get it. We know what it looks like to not be there yet and when you get such a huge question mark at the most important position it’s like being stuck in neutral

Totally understand and support the frustration

Advertisement
First things first this is not me on a soapbox. I’m directing this at me and hopefully others think about it too

I’m not saying don’t criticize this kid. He’s playing miserably at the moment

But this kid is the quarterback of the team we all love and the comments making insinuations about his mental health are things we need to check ourselves on

Something is up with him. Maybe it really is that he doesn’t give a ****. Maybe he thinks it’s funny to throw INTs

I’m betting that’s not true

He’s obviously hurt. Hopefully he’s been checked for concussions and hopefully behind closed doors he’s getting the help he needs

But the thing is none of us know what’s going on and venting our frustrations on a kid that has taken the field injured about 100x we gotta watch what we say when it comes to mental health

If you’ve ever been through therapy, you know you don’t just show up and some psychologist fixes you overnight

As fans let’s not take the frustration of some parts of the season out on anyone, TVD or whoever, where we treat our players like the sick ***** we see online from other teams

Criticize appropriately but let’s not be those fans
If he’s hurt, hold him back, sit him. If he’s healthy, sit him. Bc he isn’t playing very good,and his play is erratic.Given the circumstances any good coach makes this decision. Easy/Hard make it move on.

If he’s hurt, hold him back, sit him. If he’s healthy, sit him. Bc he isn’t playing very good,and his play is erratic.Given the circumstances any good coach makes this decision. Easy/Hard make it move on.
Yeah I think that’s it right? They haven’t made the move because I think that’s it. Once you do, can’t really go back

Not saying I am for or against that move just saying feels like it

TVD was gonna have to play epically bad football to force that choice but that’s what he did

There is no agenda and you made valid points. This not a personal shot at you.

All I’m saying is that I haven’t seen this type of concern for past QBs while playing this bad. In fact I haven’t seen this when any other player has played bad.

For example…DJ Ivey. Instead of people saying chill out, support the man or maybe he is dealing with some stuff. He has been turned into a legit CIS meme.

I just find it hypocritical we do this for one player while we turn around be absolutely ruthless to the next.
I agree with this. This place couldn't wait to run N Perry outta here. The same with Rosier.

IMO it's the hand injury causing him to have confidence issues that are affecting his play.
It's affecting his ability to throw so it's taking him longer to make his reads because in his mind he has to determine if he can make the throw instead of just letting it go. That delay closes the window and leads to the int's and the int's further leads to the confidence issues.
That's a lot of assuming.

Advertisement
@JHallCanes new to this place? Wow. He is an OG that was here long before CIS was CIS. There is a group of folks that basically established CIS when the former site collapsed under it's own arrogance.
Jhall is solid, good poster and good person. I don't agree with everything he has put out, but he is dead on on this one and I agree with him a bunch more than most posters. I'll ride with him anywhere so folks probably should put some respect in his name and posting.
I respect everyone regardless of who you are and respect goes both ways. Yes I have been very critical of TVD because he has earned it. I personally didn’t care if he would’ve left to Bama because he would have been their problem. I took it personal when I heard about him wanting a better NIL deal and strong arming The U and threatening to leave our Canes without a QB. But I understand he gots to look out for numero uno 1️⃣ right? I forget who posted about it on another thread I saw yesterday or today but it’s dead on focking point. I wish he would have left and Emory started every game. Call it an intuition but body language can tell a lot from a person you just have to study them. I’m definitely not a regular poster. But the good Lord gave us a brain to use and eyes to see and the eyes don’t lie👀. I knew something was off with him and the wide receivers on a personal level and you stay quiet because it’s not about football. But I do have an issue with how much slurping some here do for TVD when it’s indefensible how underwhelming he has been but rather keep him starting no matter what! Injury whatever it is because he gives us the best shot??? 😂🤣😂🤣😂 If he’s hurt and still decided to play then he is a selfish samamambich and the coaches should be ashamed of themselves for putting this business man in such a horrible position to fail. I truly hope TVD got that extra good insurance policy. Blessings to all and to all a good night 🙏🏾

giphy (2).gif

Advertisement
If you’re referring to the original post then the entire point went completely over your head and your agenda is showing

I’m not defending him at all
It either went over his head or his agenda is so much that he dismissed your point.

That's a lot of assuming.
It’s a logical theory. No different than a RB coming back from a knee injury. At UNC, he added some other injury’s that didn’t help but that finger is clearly a problem.

That being said, TVD is what he is. This will be his final year at miami and it’s time to move on.

@JHallCanes like I’ve said before, the guys that come on here with ridiculous takes and criticisms are guys who never played sports other than little league. These are guys that have never
sustained injuries,
tried their hardest and failed,
been in a locker room after a win,
been in a locker room after a loss,
Or lived with the shame of making a mistake while playing.

These guys are nerds who have just been fans their whole lives without ever having to endure what it takes to be an athlete. Dave Portnoy types. Take what they say with a grain of salt

Yeah I think that’s it right? They haven’t made the move because I think that’s it. Once you do, can’t really go back

Not saying I am for or against that move just saying feels like it

TVD was gonna have to play epically bad football to force that choice but that’s what he did
Lets just say I am happy that I don't have to make the decision. You are damned if you do, damned if you don't either way. Guess that is why they get paid the big bucks but the decision is still not an easy one. The main issue is nowadays everyone will attack on social media since we all know the perfect way. This past Saturday I made a point of not looking at twitter or any message boards doing and right after the game. It sure was a lot more fun!

Advertisement
Back