Guys please, we gotta chill with the TVD stuff

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
First things first this is not me on a soapbox. I’m directing this at me and hopefully others think about it too

I’m not saying don’t criticize this kid. He’s playing miserably at the moment

But this kid is the quarterback of the team we all love and the comments making insinuations about his mental health are things we need to check ourselves on

Something is up with him. Maybe it really is that he doesn’t give a ****. Maybe he thinks it’s funny to throw INTs

I’m betting that’s not true

He’s obviously hurt. Hopefully he’s been checked for concussions and hopefully behind closed doors he’s getting the help he needs

But the thing is none of us know what’s going on and venting our frustrations on a kid that has taken the field injured about 100x we gotta watch what we say when it comes to mental health

If you’ve ever been through therapy, you know you don’t just show up and some psychologist fixes you overnight

As fans let’s not take the frustration of some parts of the season out on anyone, TVD or whoever, where we treat our players like the sick ***** we see online from other teams

Criticize appropriately but let’s not be those fans

Advertisement
First things first this is not me on a soapbox. I’m directing this at me and hopefully others think about it too

But this kid is the quarterback of the team we all love and the comments making insinuations about his mental health are things we need to check ourselves on

Something is up with him. Maybe it really is that he doesn’t give a ****. Maybe he thinks it’s funny to throw INTs

He’s obviously hurt. Hopefully he’s been checked for concussions and hopefully behind closed doors he’s getting the help he needs

But the thing is none of us know what’s going on and venting our frustrations on a kid that has taken the field injured about 100x we gotta watch what we say when it comes to mental health

If you’ve ever been through therapy, you know you don’t just show up and some psychologist fixes you overnight

As fans let’s not take the frustration of some parts of the season out on anyone, TVD or whoever, where we treat our players like the sick ***** we see online from other teams

sarcastic willy wonka GIF

I have a feeling his knee and pointer finger injuries are more of an issue than the mental BUT now that he has lost the zip it is becoming mental.

Compound this with our mash unit at RB and it is difficult to perform at a high level on O. IF we can get Chaney, Citizen, Fletcher, and Parrish all back for NCSt, it should remove a good amount of pressure on who ever plays QB.

Advertisement

First off, if fans are making fun of his mental health, they need to be banned from this site.

Secondly, no one is cured of mental health. It’s managed but never cured. People who struggle with their mental health will have good days and bad days. It’s a battle they will endure for their lives.

Be better people. ****.

First off, if fans are making fun of his mental health, they need to be banned from this site.

Secondly, no one is cured of mental health. It’s managed but never cured. People who struggle with their mental health will have good days and bad days. It’s a battle they will endure for their lives.

Be better people. ****.
Spot on

Like I said this isn’t me on a soap box. Kid is playing horrifically. Plenty to criticize about his play to not start delving into his mental health

Advertisement
Thank you, @JHallCanes.

I agree 100%. Fans need to chill the **** out on TVD, both online and in the stadium. There are very few things I despise more than seeing Canes fans booing the kids on the field. I hate that!!!

I wish someone could find the old story that Frank Costa told where he got so depressed from all of the negative fans that he got in his car one night to go for a drive and clear his head. He drove for five straight hours and ended up north of Orlando in the middle of the night, alone and nearly out of gas.

People read things like height and weight and dont realize these are 18 - 22 year old YOUNG men who are doing their best.

Advertisement
the problem is that people move the goalposts of their expectations

most on here said 8-4 or 7-5 before the season.. some fools even said 6-6

now we're 6-2 (a kneel away from 7-1) and most likely will have a solid chance to make the ACC title game with a puncher's chance to win each of the next 4 games we play.

yet after the A&M game, it went from 7-5 expectation to undefeated and the second we start slipping the "fans" on here and twitter turn absolutely toxic and they are idiots if they think that doesn't impact some players and recruits

anyone who said 8-4 or worse in the season prediction thread can go ahead and shut the **** up and be happy that we're on pace with what they expected to begin with

Advertisement

IMO it's the hand injury causing him to have confidence issues that are affecting his play.
It's affecting his ability to throw so it's taking him longer to make his reads because in his mind he has to determine if he can make the throw instead of just letting it go. That delay closes the window and leads to the int's and the int's further leads to the confidence issues.

Thank you, @JHallCanes.

I agree 100%. Fans need to chill the **** out on TVD, both online and in the stadium. There are very few things I despise more than seeing Canes fans booing the kids on the field. I hate that!!!

I wish someone could find the old story that Frank Costa told where he got so depressed from all of the negative fans that he got in his car one night to go for a drive and clear his head. He drove for five straight hours and ended up north of Orlando in the middle of the night, alone and nearly out of gas.

People read things like height and weight and dont realize these are 18 - 22 year old YOUNG men who are doing their best.
I think that’s part of it where sometimes down the road we find out there’s more to a story

Injuries are very quiet around here and I’ve been guilty of criticism and then made to feel pretty dumb down the road

Players play like **** and they get criticized that’s part of the deal. But I question whether people are actually fans when you get so dark and personal with things

To me it just says more about the fan and them using sports to feel better about themselves but I don’t want to be a hypocrite here and analyze people that are analyzing people

IMO it's the hand injury causing him to have confidence issues that are affecting his play.
It's affecting his ability to throw so it's taking him longer to make his reads because in his mind he has to determine if he can make the throw instead of just letting it go. That delay closes the window and leads to the int's and the int's further leads to the confidence issues.
UNC game it looked like he hurt his ribs to me as well. First thing I thought of when he didn’t get enough gas on that wide open X TD

Normally I would defer to the coaches but then I remember the FSU game last year

Advertisement
Back