Guys please, we gotta chill with the TVD stuff

First things first this is not me on a soapbox. I’m directing this at me and hopefully others think about it too

I’m not saying don’t criticize this kid. He’s playing miserably at the moment

But this kid is the quarterback of the team we all love and the comments making insinuations about his mental health are things we need to check ourselves on

Something is up with him. Maybe it really is that he doesn’t give a ****. Maybe he thinks it’s funny to throw INTs

I’m betting that’s not true

He’s obviously hurt. Hopefully he’s been checked for concussions and hopefully behind closed doors he’s getting the help he needs

But the thing is none of us know what’s going on and venting our frustrations on a kid that has taken the field injured about 100x we gotta watch what we say when it comes to mental health

If you’ve ever been through therapy, you know you don’t just show up and some psychologist fixes you overnight

As fans let’s not take the frustration of some parts of the season out on anyone, TVD or whoever, where we treat our players like the sick ***** we see online from other teams

Criticize appropriately but let’s not be those fans

I’m more frustrated that the staff hasn’t just sat him. Clear as day something is up.

Advertisement
Thank you, @JHallCanes.

I agree 100%. Fans need to chill the **** out on TVD, both online and in the stadium. There are very few things I despise more than seeing Canes fans booing the kids on the field. I hate that!!!

I wish someone could find the old story that Frank Costa told where he got so depressed from all of the negative fans that he got in his car one night to go for a drive and clear his head. He drove for five straight hours and ended up north of Orlando in the middle of the night, alone and nearly out of gas.

People read things like height and weight and dont realize these are 18 - 22 year old YOUNG men who are doing their best.
Amen. We have a bunch of toxic losers on this forum.

These are the same guys who buried Jacory Harris into oblivion and criticized TF out of him despite having a **** poor OL and every lame OC known to man in his career here

But he beat FSU...and they leave it at that

But how TVD is getting turned on here is close to insane. He's hurt...blame Mario for putting him out there or realize he's still unfortunately our best chance to win

Advertisement
First things first this is not me on a soapbox. I’m directing this at me and hopefully others think about it too

But this kid is the quarterback of the team we all love and the comments making insinuations about his mental health are things we need to check ourselves on

Something is up with him. Maybe it really is that he doesn’t give a ****. Maybe he thinks it’s funny to throw INTs

He’s obviously hurt. Hopefully he’s been checked for concussions and hopefully behind closed doors he’s getting the help he needs

But the thing is none of us know what’s going on and venting our frustrations on a kid that has taken the field injured about 100x we gotta watch what we say when it comes to mental health

If you’ve ever been through therapy, you know you don’t just show up and some psychologist fixes you overnight

As fans let’s not take the frustration of some parts of the season out on anyone, TVD or whoever, where we treat our players like the sick ***** we see online from other teams

I've made this statement multiple times so here goes again -
Most here are not really fans of a particular team, they're fans of message boards and all the crap they can spew on it... It doesn't matter the subject , just the ability to be as hyper negative as possible .
You've been on here long enough to see the names that consistently spew the garbage they do... Different thread, different title , same names, same garbage....That's not even counting the names that only come out during a negativity blizzard then disappear....

I made the comment after the GT game that DVD was off and it was likely because he’s got a busted throwing hand. One poster blasted me for making excuses. Imagine that, a QB who makes a living throwing the ball, doesn’t get a small pass for having a busted hand. It’s now clear as day he doesn’t have the same velocity as normal. Can’t wait for that same poster to slam me again for making excuses. I can always tell which clowns on this board have actually played the game versus being a Madden champ.

I have a feeling his knee and pointer finger injuries are more of an issue than the mental BUT now that he has lost the zip it is becoming mental.

My only hangup with this is that if these injuries have become an issue, he shouldn't play. Being injured makes total sense. But if these injuries are affecting his ability to make the throws he needs to make, he should sit until healthy.

i actually think he comes out and plays well next week ... not 300+ yds. but a solid game hitting check downs and limiting turnovers
If Nc St. is stubborn and plays mostly press-man, you may be right.

Advertisement
Yea the insults get carried away. I'ts ok to acknowledge someone is bad without wishing ill on them.
I’m not in the game of white knighting people

Most of the time we just joke around here and some people drop some cool knowledge, vent some frustrations

But the anonymity of the internet gets the best of some people

I’m more frustrated that the staff hasn’t just sat him. Clear as day something is up.
This week will kinda tell the tale perhaps. Maybe that’s dramatic

He might not ever play QB here again or he might flip it around

Just not sure the extent of what’s up with him

Advertisement
Personal attacks

Bro I respect your opinion and it will get noted' but i have to respectfully tell you to kiss my @s on this one. I personally defended this dude last week only to be let down again. Let me ask you this' have you ever seen DVD throw a pick and turn around and tell the team my fault?. Have you ever seen the players go up to DVD after he throws a pick and encourage him' like come on bro we need you we got your back. Have you ever seen DVD go to the OC and talk about what he's doing wrong and what he's reading wrong. If he's that banged up he shouldn't be playing bottom line. That's on the head coach. I can bet you this dude is getting paid 6 figure NIL money not to be a basket case' but a leader a general who takes responsibility for his actions on the field. I have yet to see that . Now most of us have dragged Corey Flagg thru the mud for 3 yrs. I have yet to see your goat smelling @ss come and defend him or any other player this board has demolished thru out the yrs . Bottom line and I hope I'm wrong due to his injuries or what ever the case might be. I hope he can regroup in get his head out his @ss and become that leader that general that demands respect. I don't think he needs therapy either He needs to become a part of the team and start taking responsibilities for his actions on the field and stop being in isolation like he's not part of the team maybe the team would support him more . You put Mental Health out there like your DR Phil ..How do you know that?. Since you put that out there let me give you my take as a 25 yr vet. This **** has no leadership skills. The ability to lead and get the job done the ability to command the troops. So just as much as i defended him last week saying he was our best option to win. I will criticize him the same way therefore you can kiss my candy @ss. Don't take it personal guy This sh@t is not acceptable

Voice of reason.

Ty

I think this is fair enough, and this should be an easy line to draw. We can criticize his play, but all the stuff about his mental health is inappropriate. I think someone on another site started a threat asking whether TVD has autism. I mean, let's not be idiots.
Who says this dude has Mental Health issues? Can someone please tell me where this Sh@t is coming from?

Advertisement
In general what you said is correct, but we’ve seen this movie before. Barely skating by dog **** teams and losing to the good teams on the schedule, with a head scratching loss mixed in. Same thing happened with Manny, Richt, etc.

Be happy the team is 6-2 but no need to pound your chest and demean people who think this team has generally underperformed, bc in ACC play, they have.

I dont believe this thread is about "pounding one's chest and demeaning people who think this team has generally underperformed." It seems that its about people endlessly piling on TVD when he's struggling. At least that's where my posts are coming from.

Last week you were vomiting all over every post that complimented Emory and suggested he should start if TVD wasn’t 100%.

Now you’re whining about fans criticizing TVD.

To be clear, I agree 100% with the original post of this thread.

But YOU are responsible for creating the toxicity you’re now complaining about.
Legit no one agrees with you. That’s not what people like you were arguing. We can go through your post history.

Edit: we can’t go through your post because you block people from doing so because you’re a liar and a troll.

You guys were ****ting on TVD and saying Emory should start over him and then you back tracked and moved the goal post about the injury. You’re the people turning on our players. Stop posting.

Trying to come at me and create another toxic back and forth is exactly what the OP is talking about.

Btw TVD was 9/15 for 82 yards in the fourth quarter this week.

Attachments

• IMG_8935.jpeg
    IMG_8935.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8936.jpeg
    IMG_8936.jpeg
    416.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8934.png
    IMG_8934.png
    484.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8938.png
    IMG_8938.png
    953.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8937.png
    IMG_8937.png
    354.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8939.png
    IMG_8939.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8940.png
    IMG_8940.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
One thing I’ll say abt TVD, is he should of rested last game to heal his injury. He ain’t ready to be out there and drive the ball yet. But we can’t rest him now, also you really can’t bench him rn. Gotta lift him up

I dont believe this thread is about "pounding one's chest and demeaning people who think this team has generally underperformed." It seems that its about people endlessly piling on TVD when he's struggling. At least that's where my posts are coming from.
From where I’m coming from, it goes hand in hand. When he plays good people hype it up and call “TVD haters” mopes, etc. Same goes for the entire team. Vice versa.

At some point you gotta accept he and the team, are what they are. They’ll get the criticism and praise that they deserve. I think it’s obvious some people are just trolls, and others are telling the truth. If you can’t see the difference, that’s on whoever gets mad at them. It’s a free message board, what do you expect?

Advertisement
Back