Grace trying to come back??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't blame the kid for trying, good luck to him. Would love to have him back but it's probably a long shot. But I gotta give him credit for not just giving up, I like a guy who will fight for it.

Advertisement
So tired of the NCAA and there Mob type tactics. One day those guys will be investigated themselves

He and AQM are staying in school this semester?

I thought I read that the school was going to honor their financial aid agreement - that implies that they'll still be attending UM I'd imagine...

I find that kind of interesting. I wonder how they are getting advised on this. I'm guessing they were told there is a slim chance that even an NAIA school would let them play this fall (like RRA). So, their only recourse would seem to stay in school another semester (or 2 so that they can graduate) and either transfer to another school next spring/summer or declare for the 2017 draft.

good luck to the young man! We could use him and he is really fighting to be on the team. We need that type around. I don't know the case, he does. Fight young man, fight!

He took impermissible benefits while the program was on probation. He put his own fun ahead of the good of the program. This wasn't about taking a hundred bucks so his mom could pay FPL. This was about driving around in fancy cars. The whole thing is selfish. Make no mistake about motive, he's fighting to save a very tenuous future nfl paycheck.

Lied to compliance? You sure about that? Whether a statement is false is typically a subjective standard.

It appears to me you had a very conservative compliance officer that wanted a certain outcome.

I wonder if he figured out that his last lawyer wasn't licensed in Florida and that he admitted Grace lied and, therefore, earned at least a 1 year loss of eligibility.

He didnt lie to the NCAA.

Lied to compliance....it's over. He needs to get ready for the draft

Advertisement
they prob hired outside counsel who billed the s%&t ut of the university and then prob told them they had to dismiss them from the program to justify the money he took from UM

Yup.

Kicking a senior off the team one week before the season is the worst possible outcome for the player and school. Whomever made the decision seems to be treating the alleged cover up worse than the crime.

The available information suggests Miami compliance had information and withheld the same for Grace. They baited him into making "false" statements. I do not believe that is how this process is supposed to work.

The NCAA should be scared of Miami, not the other way around.

I love these threads when everyone becomes a lawyer. If he wants to appeal, go for it. Maybe some new evidence comes to light that clears him. I'm not holding my breath though and I'm going to assume that Jermaine Grace has played his last game at the University of Miami.

I can't blame the kid for trying, good luck to him. Would love to have him back but it's probably a long shot. But I gotta give him credit for not just giving up, I like a guy who will fight for it.

+2 Did not mean to Neg you.

He should fight, especially if he did not do anything wrong. If he is reinstated late in the 2016 season, I suggest that he use his RS and play a full year in 2017.

Advertisement
good luck to the young man! We could use him and he is really fighting to be on the team. We need that type around. I don't know the case, he does. Fight young man, fight!

He took impermissible benefits while the program was on probation. He put his own fun ahead of the good of the program. This wasn't about taking a hundred bucks so his mom could pay FPL. This was about driving around in fancy cars. The whole thing is selfish. Make no mistake about motive, he's fighting to save a very tenuous future nfl paycheck.

maybe you are right! I still like that he is doing this.

I wonder if he figured out that his last lawyer wasn't licensed in Florida and that he admitted Grace lied and, therefore, earned at least a 1 year loss of eligibility.

The rule is an auto 6 game suspension unless mitigating circumstances...

c. Bylaw 10.1-(a) (Refusal to furnish information relevant to investigation ofpossible NCAA violation), Bylaw 10.1-(c) (Provision of offering or providingprospective or enrolled student-athlete improper benefit or aid), Bylaw 10.1-(d) (Provision of false or misleading information), Bylaw 10.1-(f) (Provision ofproviding banned substance to student-athlete), Bylaw 10.1-(g) (Provision ofincomplete and inaccurate information to the NCAA, NCAA Eligibility Centeror member institution regarding academic record) or Bylaw 10.1-(j)(Provision of incomplete and inaccurate information to the NCAA, NCAAEligibility Center or member institution regarding amateur status).

(1) The committee directed the reinstatement staff to begin its withholdinganalysis at sit-a-season, charge-a-season. (May 2008, updated December2012)

The old rule (pre-2013) was 50% of the season. The current default is sit-a-season, charge-a-season.

Haven't read it since before 2013. Good info.

Who did AQM hire as his attorney?

cookie-monster-waiting.gif

Advertisement
I love these threads when everyone becomes a lawyer. If he wants to appeal, go for it. Maybe some new evidence comes to light that clears him. I'm not holding my breath though and I'm going to assume that Jermaine Grace has played his last game at the University of Miami.

To my shock and dismay, every other swinging dik here ARE lawyers.

And half of what is left are doctors.

I know, I know . . .

I know Grace is a wealthy guy, but he wouldn't have plunked down several thousand additional dollars on this new attorney if he was guilty.

Play him now! NCAA can't do **** for a fcking stupid rental car.

This comes down to who is tougher--UM or the NCAA.

they prob hired outside counsel who billed the s%&t ut of the university and then prob told them they had to dismiss them from the program to justify the money he took from UM

Yup.

Kicking a senior off the team one week before the season is the worst possible outcome for the player and school. Whomever made the decision seems to be treating the alleged cover up worse than the crime.

The available information suggests Miami compliance had information and withheld the same for Grace. They baited him into making "false" statements. I do not believe that is how this process is supposed to work.
Please provide a link to this 'available evidence' UM withheld to the detriment of Grace's case and baiting of false statements. Thanks in advance

If you porst his attorney or rental owners statements kindly log off and create a new username if you want to ever be taken seriously again.

Advertisement

To my shock and dismay, every other swinging dik here ARE lawyers.

And half of what is left are doctors.

I know, I know . . .

I thought half of them were professional coaches and other half were professional talent evaluators.

I think the lying part is subjective... and I dont think its always resulted in an automatic 1 yr suspension. Lie to the NCAA, yes, but to your schools compliance then they may have more leeway on its interpretation of what constitutes a lie concerning your amateur status.

Lets say the issue here is about "test drives". Could be our compliance calls BS on those because lets be honest they are BS. Grace gets the NCAA to look at his situation and they come back and say the test drives were permissible because he is a existing customer. Does his lawyer have an argument that he did not lie about anything impacting his amateur status?

As far as AQM goes, there is a rumored memorabilia trail here and AQM posted picks on social media. He could have more damaging evidence against him that we do not know of. Really curious why he doesn't appear to have publicized his fight or representation, but it does appear that he hasn't.

I think the lying part is subjective... and I dont think its always resulted in an automatic 1 yr suspension. Lie to the NCAA, yes, but to your schools compliance then they may have more leeway on its interpretation of what constitutes a lie concerning your amateur status.

Lets say the issue here is about "test drives". Could be our compliance calls BS on those because lets be honest they are BS. Grace gets the NCAA to look at his situation and they come back and say the test drives were permissible because he is a existing customer. Does his lawyer have an argument that he did not lie about anything impacting his amateur status?

As far as AQM goes, there is a rumored memorabilia trail here and AQM posted picks on social media. He could have more damaging evidence against him that we do not know of. Really curious why he doesn't appear to have publicized his fight or representation, but it does appear that he hasn't.

If his argument is that Grace was test driving multiple exotic cars with no income for extended periods, then he's an idiot. Why would an exotic car dealer/renter allow a kid with no income to test drive his cars? I hope he's got something way better than that because I'd love to see him come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back