Grace trying to come back??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
hmmmmm wishful thinking

GQUFyZ4.gif

His attorney did it in the past with what some people thought were worse allegations, so not out of the realm of possibility he prevails here. At least he will get a chance to see all the evidence against him during the internal appeal process.

Hope he's able to do it but can't see um giving in on this at all due to them being scared of the NCAA

Last edited:
Advertisement
Link to article referenced above
UM linebacker Jermaine Grace retains attorney who got DeQuan Jones reinstated in Nevin Shapiro NCAA case | Miami Herald

UM’s Jermaine Grace retains attorney who got DeQuan Jones reinstated in Nevin Shapiro case

Former University of Miami linebacker Jermaine Grace, who was dismissed from the team Saturday because the school said he violated NCAA rules, retained new counsel Tuesday to help him sort out his options in hopes of rectifying a situation that got him removed from the football program.

Grace, a senior, was implicated along with teammate Al-Quadin Muhammad, who also was dismissed from the team, for their alleged involvement with a luxury-car rental company.

Grace’s new lawyer: Jason Setchen, the trial attorney who represented former UM basketball player DeQuan Jones in 2011 in the NCAA case involving former booster Nevin Shapiro. Jones was accused of taking money and was suspended for the entire season. But Setchen appealed on Jones’ behalf and successfully got Jones back on the court to play almost the entire season.

Setchen has a segment of his practice dedicated to student-athlete advocacy.

“I’m helping Jermaine evaluate all his options,” Setchen, who practices in Coconut Grove, told the Miami Herald.

Grace was formerly represented by attorney Steven L. Washington.

Washington told the Miami Herald over the weekend that Grace would not be appealing UM’s decision.

As for Jones, he went on to graduate from UM and signed with the Orlando Magic as an undrafted free agent. In 2012-13, Jones started 17 games and played in 63 for the Magic.

He’s now playing professionally in Japan, Setchen said.

Read more here: UM linebacker Jermaine Grace retains attorney who got DeQuan Jones reinstated in Nevin Shapiro NCAA case | Miami Herald

He needs to get ready for the draft.

Yup because he has a skill set and a linebacker who can cover TE and RB's out in space will always have a job.

I would train and hopefully UM allows him to workout and he should definitely be a 4-5th round pick. Even without playing his senior year.

Advertisement
Dismissed from team vs suspended for X games seems like a big difference to me.

That said, crossing my fingers we get him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I wonder if he figured out that his last lawyer wasn't licensed in Florida and that he admitted Grace lied and, therefore, earned at least a 1 year loss of eligibility.

Really?

I'm sure the relative that got him into this mess is trying to advise him out of this mess.

I wonder if he figured out that his last lawyer wasn't licensed in Florida and that he admitted Grace lied and, therefore, earned at least a 1 year loss of eligibility.

He didnt lie to the NCAA.

Rule includes the school. Your level of knowledge and due diligence on the subject is on par with Grace's (former) faux attorney. Of course, you're not pretending to be an attorney, so there's that.

Dismissed from team vs suspended for X games seems like a big difference to me.

That said, crossing my fingers we get him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UM is relying on advice of outside counsel, and appropriately so given our probationary status and history with the NCAA goons. Better chance of Dorito standing next to Richt on the sidelines Saturday with a headset on and a hot dog in hand than UM's outside counsel walking back his/her opinion or UM doing deciding not to follow that opinion.

Advertisement

Lied to compliance....it's over. He needs to get ready for the draft

Are you saying that UM compliance has that policy or the NCAA?

I would think there is a huge difference. UM compliance is basically an internal audit. The NCAA is the 5.0

The rule is an auto 6 game suspension unless mitigating circumstances...

Rule includes the school. Your level of knowledge and due diligence on the subject is on par with Grace's (former) faux attorney. Of course, you're not pretending to be an attorney, so there's that.

Link or GTFOH

I think there is new evidence linking this man to the luxury car rental company
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back