Grace trying to come back??

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to get ready for the draft.

Yup because he has a skill set and a linebacker who can cover TE and RB's out in space will always have a job.

I would train and hopefully UM allows him to workout and he should definitely be a 4-5th round pick. Even without playing his senior year.

Grace aint getting drafted.

Advertisement
Best case scenario is this is sorted out and he wins and comes back after app state just in time for GT and all of our young guys are experienced.

Not getting my hopes up the way this offseason has been going post signing day

I wonder if he figured out that his last lawyer wasn't licensed in Florida and that he admitted Grace lied and, therefore, earned at least a 1 year loss of eligibility.

The rule is an auto 6 game suspension unless mitigating circumstances...

c. Bylaw 10.1-(a) (Refusal to furnish information relevant to investigation ofpossible NCAA violation), Bylaw 10.1-(c) (Provision of offering or providingprospective or enrolled student-athlete improper benefit or aid), Bylaw 10.1-(d) (Provision of false or misleading information), Bylaw 10.1-(f) (Provision ofproviding banned substance to student-athlete), Bylaw 10.1-(g) (Provision ofincomplete and inaccurate information to the NCAA, NCAA Eligibility Centeror member institution regarding academic record) or Bylaw 10.1-(j)(Provision of incomplete and inaccurate information to the NCAA, NCAAEligibility Center or member institution regarding amateur status).

(1) The committee directed the reinstatement staff to begin its withholdinganalysis at sit-a-season, charge-a-season. (May 2008, updated December2012)

The old rule (pre-2013) was 50% of the season. The current default is sit-a-season, charge-a-season.

Advertisement
Seems like a logical move since Richt probably told him it was out of his hands. That said, anyone holding their breath on this resulting in a reinstatement probably should do so over a soft surface so as you don't injure your head too badly when you pass out.

I'm happy for him that he hired a different lawyer. His last one has been a lawyer for less than a year (in Virginia), and his quotes in the paper made it clear that he had no idea what he was doing. I have no issue with an out of state lawyer representing someone in an internal administrative matter, but I wonder how Grace came to hire the last guy.

I still have no idea exactly what Grace was accused of (let along what he actually did), so I have no opinion on his chances of reinstatement.

Advertisement
Dismissed from team vs suspended for X games seems like a big difference to me.

That said, crossing my fingers we get him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UM is relying on advice of outside counsel, and appropriately so given our probationary status and history with the NCAA goons. Better chance of Dorito standing next to Richt on the sidelines Saturday with a headset on and a hot dog in hand than UM's outside counsel walking back his/her opinion or UM doing deciding not to follow that opinion.

Yes and the opinion of some hired gun trumps silly little things like-due process..

I'm happy for him that he hired a different lawyer. His last one has been a lawyer for less than a year (in Virginia), and his quotes in the paper made it clear that he had no idea what he was doing. I have no issue with an out of state lawyer representing someone in an internal administrative matter, but I wonder how Grace came to hire the last guy.

I still have no idea exactly what Grace was accused of (let along what he actually did), so I have no opinion on his chances of reinstatement.

Logic has no place on these boards!

Advertisement
I swear on things holy, if Grace is somehow able to pull this off and get reinstated, I will cry real man tears.

We need Grace. NEED HIM!!! (DBC voice)

they prob hired outside counsel who billed the s%&t ut of the university and then prob told them they had to dismiss them from the program to justify the money he took from UM

Advertisement
Lol, people so navie. he should've been dismissed. just a fall guy, because administration is too **** scary. Miami had no proof of grace doing anything illegal. SMH

I wonder if he figured out that his last lawyer wasn't licensed in Florida and that he admitted Grace lied and, therefore, earned at least a 1 year loss of eligibility.

He didnt lie to the NCAA.

Rule includes the school. Your level of knowledge and due diligence on the subject is on par with Grace's (former) faux attorney. Of course, you're not pretending to be an attorney, so there's that.

Grace will go directly to the NCAA and request his eligibility status. If the NCAA says he is eligible than UM must reinstate him or face a law suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back