Grace trying to come back??

Status
Not open for further replies.
People aren't test-driving exotic rentals. If Grace is going to argue that he was test-driving exotic rentals for days at a time, then he stands no chance. You can't just make up dopey **** and think it's persuasive to people of normal intelligence. You can't just call it a test drive, and it becomes a test drive. What would be the purpose of allowing an 18 year old kid with no money and no income to test drive multiple $200K cars that you're not even looking to sell to him? How the **** do you answer that question? People won't just accept you calling it a test drive without any follow-up questions.

Best case scenario: Grace got an exotic car for a day and that amounts to $500 or so in impermissible benefits, and UM overreacted because Grace wasn't all that cooperative. Maybe the new attorney can explain the situation better than the fake one did.

However, if he had multiple cars over long periods of time he's sunk. Period. And it's pretty easy to put together enough proof that he had the cars for lengthy periods. All they have to do is interview other players and students who saw him with the cars. There's no way he paid thousands upon thousands to rent exotic cars. It's impossible.

The rental agency owner already answered that to the press. He said that he allows test drives to UM students all the time. I agree it sounds like a bunch of BS. But if they can prove that he does allow them to paying customers and its not a one time special case and Grace can prove he is paying customer then the case becomes open for interpretation. There may not be any evidence that he ever had a car for an extended period of time other than the one he paid for. Common sense doesn't count for much in cases like this.

The rental car dude is a liar and a sleazebag. No one will believe anything he says. No exotic car renter is handing out extended test drives of $200K+ cars to college kids. It's idiotic and nonsensical, so it's not true.

Same rental dude also originally told Barry Jagoff that he didn't know anyone on UM's team or anything about UM. Then, recently he told the same Barry Jagoff he's known Grace for several years.

Get where I'm going? If you're a disinterested 3rd party are you buying any of that **** he's selling? Does it make any sense to you if you're not a UM fan who wants Grace to play?

I don't think it makes sense and I think the dude is sleezy. But when a lawyer is involved making sense doesn't matter one bit. What matters is what they can prove and what you cannot prove.

Tell me more about how things work with lawyers.

due process. That's pretty much what's left to be argued by a lawyer, and judging by the lengthiness of the investigation one would think UM covered all the bases. If the U somehow violated JG's due process (which happens with quick decisions) then that would be incompetent, but so far they've seemed quite prudent.

This isn't court of law with a jury of your peers where you need to show reasonable doubt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When did UM become an inner city school? LMAO

end of the day, the reality is UM and USC are judged by a different standard. Honestly, i dont play the race card but theres an underlying racial component. UM and USC are inner city schools. the NCAA and sports media sees college football as the marching bands, small town, tail gating. etc. some of these small towns economies revolve around the unviersities. its just reality they will never treat um or usc fairly, therefore, UM and USC always have to be looking over their shoulders.

end of the day, the reality is UM and USC are judged by a different standard. Honestly, i dont play the race card but theres an underlying racial component. UM and USC are inner city schools. the NCAA and sports media sees college football as the marching bands, small town, tail gating. etc. some of these small towns economies revolve around the unviersities. its just reality they will never treat um or usc fairly, therefore, UM and USC always have to be looking over their shoulders.

UM is an inner city school to clowns that don't get it. Pretty ignorant.

where are the majority o the kids who go to UM coming from?

Advertisement

Gables hood af

coral_gables_real_estate_1-1.jpg

There is no way this is an actual possibility, correct?

You wouldn't think, but you wouldn't have thought so with DeQuan either, and he got reinstated with the Shapiro investigation was still ongoing. I think I read that this attorney got some kid(s) reinstated at some other schools as well.

Dequan's eligibility was in limbo. Big difference from being dismissed.

Gables hood af

View attachment 38002

**** perfect set up shop no one wud sus

You really don't know anything about UM, do you?

Advertisement

You really don't know anything about UM, do you?

im talking about the perception of the kids who play football? how many of u go back to the 1980s and the things that were said and believed about the kids in this program and it still lingers to this day whether fair or not.

Don't care what defense he uses, if it gets him back on the team it works for me.

Advertisement
The rental agency owner already answered that to the press. He said that he allows test drives to UM students all the time. I agree it sounds like a bunch of BS. But if they can prove that he does allow them to paying customers and its not a one time special case and Grace can prove he is paying customer then the case becomes open for interpretation. There may not be any evidence that he ever had a car for an extended period of time other than the one he paid for. Common sense doesn't count for much in cases like this.

The rental car dude is a liar and a sleazebag. No one will believe anything he says. No exotic car renter is handing out extended test drives of $200K+ cars to college kids. It's idiotic and nonsensical, so it's not true.

Same rental dude also originally told Barry Jagoff that he didn't know anyone on UM's team or anything about UM. Then, recently he told the same Barry Jagoff he's known Grace for several years.

Get where I'm going? If you're a disinterested 3rd party are you buying any of that **** he's selling? Does it make any sense to you if you're not a UM fan who wants Grace to play?

I don't think it makes sense and I think the dude is sleezy. But when a lawyer is involved making sense doesn't matter one bit. What matters is what they can prove and what you cannot prove.

Tell me more about how things work with lawyers.

due process. That's pretty much what's left to be argued by a lawyer, and judging by the lengthiness of the investigation one would think UM covered all the bases. If the U somehow violated JG's due process (which happens with quick decisions) then that would be incompetent, but so far they've seemed quite prudent.

This isn't court of law with a jury of your peers where you need to show reasonable doubt.

I guffawed.

Ain't no due process when dealing with the NCAA, you're guilty because they say you're guilty. Look at the threats at former players during the last investigation, they basically told them that silence equals complicity...and now we've adopted that approach. ***** them and that kangaroo court BS.

Advertisement

Jersey. The fancy parts of jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back