Grace trying to come back??

Status
Not open for further replies.
end of the day, the reality is UM and USC are judged by a different standard. Honestly, i dont play the race card but theres an underlying racial component. UM and USC are inner city schools. the NCAA and sports media sees college football as the marching bands, small town, tail gating. etc. some of these small towns economies revolve around the unviersities. its just reality they will never treat um or usc fairly, therefore, UM and USC always have to be looking over their shoulders.

UM isn't anywhere close to the setting of USC. There are plenty of colleges that are located in ****ty areas of the country. This is a ridiculous argument.
I think that there is a correlation between city schools & media reports & arrest issues vs rural college towns with fewer arrests + fewer media reports. While I'll agree the OP didn't quite hit on that - there is a kernel of truth in there that he might have expressed differently. For example- Pitt vs Penn State. There's no campus police covering for Pitt players. They ***** up its ALL over the news. In state college.....that isht is swiftly swept under the rug and everybody knows it.

Advertisement
If it's a rental agency, then the test drive argument would be infinitely more retarded. Who test drives rental cars?

Exactly... Thats why the University would say F that shiat bra and Grace would say he didn't take any improper benefits.

But if this dip shiat rental agency does allow test drives to previous customers then there is some hope on the NCAAs interpretation. Grace can prove he is a paying customer and this rental agent can prove he lets existing customers take test drives.

The NCAA allows big schools to get out of so much crap because they simply do not have the evidence to prove something against the rules actually happened. They may have one side of the story and that initiates the investigation but the trail of certifiable proof goes cold.

All a bunch of what ifs but WTF? Anything to not lose him for the season and if he gets cleared by the NCAA then how can it impact our probationary status?

People aren't test-driving exotic rentals. If Grace is going to argue that he was test-driving exotic rentals for days at a time, then he stands no chance. You can't just make up dopey **** and think it's persuasive to people of normal intelligence. You can't just call it a test drive, and it becomes a test drive. What would be the purpose of allowing an 18 year old kid with no money and no income to test drive multiple $200K cars that you're not even looking to sell to him? How the **** do you answer that question? People won't just accept you calling it a test drive without any follow-up questions.

Best case scenario: Grace got an exotic car for a day and that amounts to $500 or so in impermissible benefits, and UM overreacted because Grace wasn't all that cooperative. Maybe the new attorney can explain the situation better than the fake one did.

However, if he had multiple cars over long periods of time he's sunk. Period. And it's pretty easy to put together enough proof that he had the cars for lengthy periods. All they have to do is interview other players and students who saw him with the cars. There's no way he paid thousands upon thousands to rent exotic cars. It's impossible.

The rental agency owner already answered that to the press. He said that he allows test drives to UM students all the time. I agree it sounds like a bunch of BS. But if they can prove that he does allow them to paying customers and its not a one time special case and Grace can prove he is paying customer then the case becomes open for interpretation. There may not be any evidence that he ever had a car for an extended period of time other than the one he paid for. Common sense doesn't count for much in cases like this.

The rental car dude is a liar and a sleazebag. No one will believe anything he says. No exotic car renter is handing out extended test drives of $200K+ cars to college kids. It's idiotic and nonsensical, so it's not true.

Same rental dude also originally told Barry Jagoff that he didn't know anyone on UM's team or anything about UM. Then, recently he told the same Barry Jagoff he's known Grace for several years.

Get where I'm going? If you're a disinterested 3rd party are you buying any of that **** he's selling? Does it make any sense to you if you're not a UM fan who wants Grace to play?

I don't think it makes sense and I think the dude is sleezy. But when a lawyer is involved making sense doesn't matter one bit. What matters is what they can prove and what you cannot prove.

Is the att'y doing this pro bono or for future consideration or for pay as you go?

I have seen , in this thread and another, that Jermaine's family might have the $$$$. Just wondering which it is.

Advertisement
Hmmm.... hearing there's a possibilty for a return at GT. He has a fairly compelling case, apparently.

Advertisement
Whoop you get me EVERY time... It's only because I want it to be true for his sake. Grace is a great young man..Want everything to work out for him..

Advertisement
end of the day, the reality is UM and USC are judged by a different standard. Honestly, i dont play the race card but theres an underlying racial component. UM and USC are inner city schools. the NCAA and sports media sees college football as the marching bands, small town, tail gating. etc. some of these small towns economies revolve around the unviersities. its just reality they will never treat um or usc fairly, therefore, UM and USC always have to be looking over their shoulders.

UM isn't anywhere close to the setting of USC. There are plenty of colleges that are located in ****ty areas of the country. This is a ridiculous argument.
I think that there is a correlation between city schools & media reports & arrest issues vs rural college towns with fewer arrests + fewer media reports. While I'll agree the OP didn't quite hit on that - there is a kernel of truth in there that he might have expressed differently. For example- Pitt vs Penn State. There's no campus police covering for Pitt players. They ***** up its ALL over the news. In state college.....that isht is swiftly swept under the rug and everybody knows it.

i have friends who sent players to USC, UM, Bama, Ohio state, etc. in those smaller towns, they sweep things under the rug. if davlin cook had an armed robbery charge and then beat up a girl in a club at UM, u think it would have been looked over the way it was? Mark Waltons BS arrest got more news coverage.

Exactly... Thats why the University would say F that shiat bra and Grace would say he didn't take any improper benefits.

But if this dip shiat rental agency does allow test drives to previous customers then there is some hope on the NCAAs interpretation. Grace can prove he is a paying customer and this rental agent can prove he lets existing customers take test drives.

The NCAA allows big schools to get out of so much crap because they simply do not have the evidence to prove something against the rules actually happened. They may have one side of the story and that initiates the investigation but the trail of certifiable proof goes cold.

All a bunch of what ifs but WTF? Anything to not lose him for the season and if he gets cleared by the NCAA then how can it impact our probationary status?

People aren't test-driving exotic rentals. If Grace is going to argue that he was test-driving exotic rentals for days at a time, then he stands no chance. You can't just make up dopey **** and think it's persuasive to people of normal intelligence. You can't just call it a test drive, and it becomes a test drive. What would be the purpose of allowing an 18 year old kid with no money and no income to test drive multiple $200K cars that you're not even looking to sell to him? How the **** do you answer that question? People won't just accept you calling it a test drive without any follow-up questions.

Best case scenario: Grace got an exotic car for a day and that amounts to $500 or so in impermissible benefits, and UM overreacted because Grace wasn't all that cooperative. Maybe the new attorney can explain the situation better than the fake one did.

However, if he had multiple cars over long periods of time he's sunk. Period. And it's pretty easy to put together enough proof that he had the cars for lengthy periods. All they have to do is interview other players and students who saw him with the cars. There's no way he paid thousands upon thousands to rent exotic cars. It's impossible.

The rental agency owner already answered that to the press. He said that he allows test drives to UM students all the time. I agree it sounds like a bunch of BS. But if they can prove that he does allow them to paying customers and its not a one time special case and Grace can prove he is paying customer then the case becomes open for interpretation. There may not be any evidence that he ever had a car for an extended period of time other than the one he paid for. Common sense doesn't count for much in cases like this.

The rental car dude is a liar and a sleazebag. No one will believe anything he says. No exotic car renter is handing out extended test drives of $200K+ cars to college kids. It's idiotic and nonsensical, so it's not true.

Same rental dude also originally told Barry Jagoff that he didn't know anyone on UM's team or anything about UM. Then, recently he told the same Barry Jagoff he's known Grace for several years.

Get where I'm going? If you're a disinterested 3rd party are you buying any of that **** he's selling? Does it make any sense to you if you're not a UM fan who wants Grace to play?

I don't think it makes sense and I think the dude is sleezy. But when a lawyer is involved making sense doesn't matter one bit. What matters is what they can prove and what you cannot prove.

Tell me more about how things work with lawyers.

Advertisement
There is no way this is an actual possibility, correct?

You wouldn't think, but you wouldn't have thought so with DeQuan either, and he got reinstated with the Shapiro investigation was still ongoing. I think I read that this attorney got some kid(s) reinstated at some other schools as well.

UM isn't anywhere close to the setting of USC. There are plenty of colleges that are located in ****** areas of the country. This is a ridiculous argument.

Since when did Coral Gables become "inner city?"

Merrick Place is as rough as it gets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back