Garin Justice

From Justice at his media time today:

"First week I thought we left the game with a lot of positives, still a very, very big challenge and we didn’t play well enough to win,” Justice said. “I thought the last week (against App State) was a really, really poor performance on our part.

“I feel we still have to figure out the right side,” Justice said. “The right side is not playing good ball, what we want it to be. … Neither Vaughn nor Justice played winning football Saturday night by any means, so we have to keep exploring our options.”

Justice said that DJ Scaife and Jarrid Williams are now competing for the RT spot and Justice Oluwaseun and Navaughn are competing for RG.

On Donaldson:
“He just plays out of his pads, too high right now, has some mental breakdowns that are inexcusable,” Justice said. “We love Navaughn, he’s been a big part of this program for a long time. But he has to play better and I have to coach him better.”

On DJ Scaife:
“The first week of August camp I thought DJ had as good an August as anyone had. He was our best tackle, that was partly considering Zion was out. But DJ earned that right to start game 1. He got taken advantage of early in the Alabama game, we can’t get our quarterback hurt, hit, that’s why we pulled him."

“Jalen Rivers - he’s played the best of anyone the first two weeks,” . “Corey has been solid, Zion still you can see he missed his two weeks of camp, it’s showing in his game right now. We have to do better, do better all around. We know that. There’s no excuses with that. That’s the reality."

“We have to get it right,” “We have to do better. … As an offensive line we have to do everything we can to develop trust so coach (Rhett) Lashlee can feel like he calls what he needs to call,” “You call an outside run, hit for a loss, as a play caller it’s like touching a hot stove `maybe I don’t want to call that again.’ He’s been burnt. We know at least we’re getting stuff to move forward. We have to do our part as an O line."
Props to coach Justice for limiting the "coach speak" in his interview.

Advertisement

"First week I thought we left the game with a lot of positives, still a very, very big challenge and we didn’t play well enough to win,” Justice said. “I thought the last week (against App State) was a really, really poor performance on our part.

“I feel we still have to figure out the right side,” Justice said. “The right side is not playing good ball, what we want it to be. … Neither Vaughn nor Justice played winning football Saturday night by any means, so we have to keep exploring our options.”

Justice said that DJ Scaife and Jarrid Williams are now competing for the RT spot and Justice Oluwaseun and Navaughn are competing for RG.

On Donaldson:
“He just plays out of his pads, too high right now, has some mental breakdowns that are inexcusable,” Justice said. “We love Navaughn, he’s been a big part of this program for a long time. But he has to play better and I have to coach him better.”

On DJ Scaife:
“The first week of August camp I thought DJ had as good an August as anyone had. He was our best tackle, that was partly considering Zion was out. But DJ earned that right to start game 1. He got taken advantage of early in the Alabama game, we can’t get our quarterback hurt, hit, that’s why we pulled him."

“Jalen Rivers - he’s played the best of anyone the first two weeks,” . “Corey has been solid, Zion still you can see he missed his two weeks of camp, it’s showing in his game right now. We have to do better, do better all around. We know that. There’s no excuses with that. That’s the reality."

“We have to get it right,” “We have to do better. … As an offensive line we have to do everything we can to develop trust so coach (Rhett) Lashlee can feel like he calls what he needs to call,” “You call an outside run, hit for a loss, as a play caller it’s like touching a hot stove `maybe I don’t want to call that again.’ He’s been burnt. We know at least we’re getting stuff to move forward. We have to do our part as an O line."
Sounds like public accountability to me by calling some folks out

On Donaldson:

On DJ Scaife:

Fist time all year a coach has been blunt. I like the talk now make changes and improve or hit the road.

Advertisement

On Donaldson:

On DJ Scaife:

Calling out poor performances by name. Im
here for it.

Coach Justice is A-okay in my book! Great interview. Basically said everything this board has been saying the past two weeks but in nicer terms.

Rivers is keeper.
Zion is still feeling his way back from injury but hes a keeper.

Gaynor..well, hes all we got so why even bother mentioning him right? Smart move, coach. (no sarcasm either)

Donaldson sucks.

Scaife sucks.

Justice O is good enough to be in the top 5 but gotta find the best spot for him.

And whatever Jarrid Williams did to **** whoever off its time to move on from it because we desperately need him. (Sorry to whatever coach he actually did **** off..sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. OL is on life support right now. Put your hurt feelings to the side.)

So in other words Justice and Jarrid are starting vs. MSU.
I am all for a Zion-Rivers-Gaynor-JusticeO-Williams starting 5 to see what it can do against MSU. Nothing to lose at this point. Luckily we are still out of ACC play so now is the time to experiment.

I don't think rotating players is going to solve the communication problem. Just my two cents. I'd rather see them continue to coach up and I actually do like that they said they pulled Scaife for trying to kill King. It sure would be nice to see the same accountability across the team. Ivey again last week. Jennings? Harley after 3 drops? etc.

As for the OL, it is crazy that we have these issues with how tight we line-up. Yet, we see the DEs go wide and the guard/center gaps have been abused. So much for BIGGER/STRONG=Better. They don't get a push on run plays and let men run past them on pass downs.

Advertisement
I am all for a Zion-Rivers-Gaynor-JusticeO-Williams starting 5 to see what it can do against MSU. Nothing to lose at this point. Luckily we are still out of ACC play so now is the time to experiment.
I mean given the way Justice has played it probably fixes this line and makes it more than formidable but I’m more comfortable with Jarrid being the LG just for the purpose he’s def not coming back but I’m not coach.

The guy can’t coach or recruit

Can someone please explain to me what this guy does ?

He has 1 OL committed who never played a down of football until this yr… unreal

Amateur hour in coral gables rn
DL coach garbage OL coach garbage LB coach Garbage. U need a TRob at every position if u want to compete.

Saturday it looked like mostly a Donaldson/Oluwaseun issue on communication. I think Gaynor had one time each with Donaldson and Rivers.

I’d like to see Jarrid Williams back at RT. We didn’t have the communication issues with him playing last year.
There was a lot of commutation issues Saturday. Three of our ol has never played with each other.

Advertisement
Some of the chit you see is effort. Especially from Mallory. Guy is pathetic and should be benched. I know hen isn't an offensive lineman but this rings true with every position across the board. wr blocking is trash too. OL, TE's W's .....

Honestly, I don't know what to think anymore. We so bad I don't know where the water coming from. FYI, prayer hasn't worked either, but that's another blackhole.

Advertisement
Some of the chit you see is effort. Especially from Mallory. Guy is pathetic and should be benched. I know hen isn't an offensive lineman but this rings true with every position across the board. wr blocking is trash too. OL, TE's W's .....
I tried to tell guys Mallory couldn't catch and lacked flexibility when all that pro talk was being thrown around.

Dude take a break from scorching hot takes for a minute.

How about you take a break from the social security guard act for a min G? Taking a small segment of someones comment and commenting on said comment (usually non football related) is fruit poppish G. The last football related comment you made was a couple years back when u said something about that guys cup. Hmmmmm interesting.

If justice thinks Mallory is giving his best effort then he might as well join this board and be a social security guard.........

G.

I tried to tell guys Mallory couldn't catch and lacked flexibility when all that pro talk was being thrown around.

Mallory was one of my favorite recruits. Ran track had bloodlines etc. Now, he's just the epitome of what this program is... talent going to waste. If I was the coach I'd bench him. He can play special teams if he ***s off on that bye. Show me you belong on the field.

Advertisement
Back