Garin Justice

Advertisement
That doesn’t convince me that he can recruit and I’m sorry maybe only big baby looks like a player just my opinion
How the **** could you possibly know that???? JFC, are you really making declarations this early in a players' career?

How the **** could you possibly know that???? JFC, are you really making declarations this early in a players' career?
I said my opinion do you know what that means I was never sold on the other 2 during the recruiting cycle..my opinion doesn’t mean it’s definite or that I’m correct

FAU, Arizona and UNLV is a good resume? Or were you talking about his MBA from fsu?
BC has had one of the best OL in America the past few years and Matt Applebaum was at Towson and Davidson before getting that job. Crap, everyone's favorite OL coach Alex Mirabel was at Marshall and FIU before Oregon

Hard to say yet if he will get it done coaching but he certainly hasn’t in recruiting yet. It may change though idk. We need an ace recruiter or top tier evaluator here it isn’t like we churn out OL in S FL like in the Midwest that will be a gem 3* when we miss on higher guys

Advertisement
Hard to say yet if he will get it done coaching but he certainly hasn’t in recruiting yet. It may change though idk. We need an ace recruiter or top tier evaluator here it isn’t like we churn out OL in S FL like in the Midwest that will be a gem 3* when we miss on higher guys
Did you completely miss the class he signed last year?

The guy can’t coach or recruit

Can someone please explain to me what this guy does ?

He has 1 OL committed who never played a down of football until this yr… unreal

Amateur hour in coral gables rn
The last 3 Oline coaches all “stunk”. It’s probably the culture here not the coaching. UNC took our oline coach he goes up there too 10 offense and top rushing attack. YOU DO THE MATH

The guy can’t coach or recruit

Can someone please explain to me what this guy does ?

He has 1 OL committed who never played a down of football until this yr… unreal

Amateur hour in coral gables rn
I’ll bite. Where’s your proof?

The left side is night and day better and he takes credit for the development of Zion, Justice, and Jalen who are far and ahead our best linemen. 55, who was a hype job out of HS and a leftover, is so bad that he makes the entire line worse. He misses his assignments, can’t sustain a block and almost tore up Justice’s knees at least 3 times in the App St game. The 3 biggest positives on this line are his guys that he developed. Replace 55 and tell D’Eriq King to stop sacking himself with his inability to make the right read it’s probably one of the best units in the ACC. That’s how bad 55 and King have been.

Advertisement
I dont agree with this about Patke as a position coach. He has shown when he has talent, he can coach it up. he isn't a recruiter but he coaches up talent.

Justice and Lashlee can't fully be judged because King is just not good and causes alot of problems in the back field. Look at what Justice did in one year with Nelson, he can be ok but we just don't know.
The lack of communication on the right side of the line is troubling. Donaldson, Gaynor, Justice O & Scaife are all upperclassmen, and they all look like freshman when it comes to passing off defenders to each others.

That's not even to mention the guys just straight up missing blocks. As far as this goes, it could just be that the players are that bad (it certainly looks that way when you watch the film).

But the communication is squarely on Justice.

We have mediocre players, almost none of whom were recruited in earnest by the top programs in the country. Lol at blaming the strength coach at this point.
We recruit at a top 15 level in the nation. Even if you assume they’re overrated and are only top 25, that’s still good enough talent wise to win the coastal once every few years and beat down on non P5 teams.

Coaching/development is the more immediate issue before we worry about matching up with Bama and Clemson.

Advertisement
The lack of communication on the right side of the line is troubling. Donaldson, Gaynor, Justice O & Scaife are all upperclassmen, and they all look like freshman when it comes to passing off defenders to each others.

That's not even to mention the guys just straight up missing blocks. As far as this goes, it could just be that the players are that bad (it certainly looks that way when you watch the film).

But the communication is squarely on Justice.
Absolutely wrong. Justice was completely on point and got every single one of his assignments right vs. Bama/App St.

It was the SFL high school superstars per usual that continuously **** up. It was so bad that Rambo almost took Donaldson’s head off for getting him killed. Not to mention that he also my blew out Justice’s knees 3 times.

You all need to stop saying the “O-line” and start saying 55 because that’s how bad he’s playing.

Advertisement
I think there’s so many things in play for our issues at OL.

I beilve there is as a reason he went and got that transfer OL.. he looked at the room and probably saw the guys not ready to play were probably the most talented, so he’s coaching the best he has available at the moment, which we’ve seen isn’t the greatest.

some of these players just are who they are, no one going to make them better.

Could be talent, scheme, depth, play calling, injuries, bad luck or just sh*tty coaching. I honestly don't know. The only OL coach we had that I thought was a stud was Stoutland. TBD on Justice IMO.

From Justice at his media time today:

"First week I thought we left the game with a lot of positives, still a very, very big challenge and we didn’t play well enough to win,” Justice said. “I thought the last week (against App State) was a really, really poor performance on our part.

“I feel we still have to figure out the right side,” Justice said. “The right side is not playing good ball, what we want it to be. … Neither Vaughn nor Justice played winning football Saturday night by any means, so we have to keep exploring our options.”

Justice said that DJ Scaife and Jarrid Williams are now competing for the RT spot and Justice Oluwaseun and Navaughn are competing for RG.

On Donaldson:
“He just plays out of his pads, too high right now, has some mental breakdowns that are inexcusable,” Justice said. “We love Navaughn, he’s been a big part of this program for a long time. But he has to play better and I have to coach him better.”

On DJ Scaife:
“The first week of August camp I thought DJ had as good an August as anyone had. He was our best tackle, that was partly considering Zion was out. But DJ earned that right to start game 1. He got taken advantage of early in the Alabama game, we can’t get our quarterback hurt, hit, that’s why we pulled him."

“Jalen Rivers - he’s played the best of anyone the first two weeks,” . “Corey has been solid, Zion still you can see he missed his two weeks of camp, it’s showing in his game right now. We have to do better, do better all around. We know that. There’s no excuses with that. That’s the reality."

“We have to get it right,” “We have to do better. … As an offensive line we have to do everything we can to develop trust so coach (Rhett) Lashlee can feel like he calls what he needs to call,” “You call an outside run, hit for a loss, as a play caller it’s like touching a hot stove `maybe I don’t want to call that again.’ He’s been burnt. We know at least we’re getting stuff to move forward. We have to do our part as an O line."

I'd be willing to listen to that argument before the argument that our guys aren't as strong as the opposing players they hulk over. Don't you?
I’m open to all ideas but I’ve been saying something isn’t right with S&C for 5 years. There is no reason Cam should get tackled by a strong wind but a kid who wasn’t good enough to get an offer from Miami runs over our defenders and has to be gang tackled.

Advertisement
Back