Garin Justice

The OL scheme requires really good communication. Multiple times I saw Rivers, Gaynor, and Donaldson pass off guys in their zone only to have those guys make a tackle. It sure seems like they are being told to pass off and look for more work vs. remaining engaged with eyes looking for delayed blitz or stunts.
Saturday it looked like mostly a Donaldson/Oluwaseun issue on communication. I think Gaynor had one time each with Donaldson and Rivers.

I’d like to see Jarrid Williams back at RT. We didn’t have the communication issues with him playing last year.

Advertisement
the mask firing squad GIF

Garin’s turn today. Let’s see who it will be tomorrow.

Edit - Let’s see who it will be in 5 minutes on the next new thread
Waterboy/girl missing his/her target when aiming for the mouth and instead hits a nostril.

Saturday it looked like mostly a Donaldson/Oluwaseun issue on communication. I think Gaynor had one time each with Donaldson and Rivers.

I’d like to see Jarrid Williams back at RT. We didn’t have the communication issues with him playing last year.
With justice at RG I might add. Donaldson is TURRIBLE

Justice is 100% suspect. But someone who isn’t being talked about is David Feeley. We’re in great shape condition wise, but the “weight room gains” haven’t transitioned onto the field in last 3 years. I know technique plays a major part but after watching yet another G5 or FCS squad push us around it’s time to start having the conversation about not only Justice but also Feeley.
if only Feeley recruited and coached these players.:t5dia6fawihw78.jpg:

Advertisement
Justice is 100% suspect. But someone who isn’t being talked about is David Feeley. We’re in great shape condition wise, but the “weight room gains” haven’t transitioned onto the field in last 3 years. I know technique plays a major part but after watching yet another G5 or FCS squad push us around it’s time to start having the conversation about not only Justice but also Feeley.
It's not physical it's mental. Most of our kids are soft. Feeley can't turn a beta mentality into an alpha one. We have lots of problems right now but Feeley isn't one of them. Could we conceivably upgrade ? Sure, but it doesn't mean he's doing a poor job by any means.

I agree we need an APB for Jarrid Williams.

Communication starts with Gaynor. In the end, I believe it is a coaching/teaching or scheme issue. The kids aren't staying engaged with kids in their zones.

Advertisement

We had Scaife and not McDonaldson at guard.

I dont agree with this about Patke as a position coach. He has shown when he has talent, he can coach it up. he isn't a recruiter but he coaches up talent.

Justice and Lashlee can't fully be judged because King is just not good and causes alot of problems in the back field. Look at what Justice did in one year with Nelson, he can be ok but we just don't know.
I agree with you on this but we have to be able to recruit look at what T Rob is doing already we need to upgrade the talent you can't coach up talent that you don't have.

It's not Feeley's fault that our LBs consistently shoot the wrong gaps and that we have zero pass rush. I'm not an expert on this, but I think that has more to do with the respective position coaches than the strength coach. Feeley's been actually one of the coaches who looks to have held his weight as I don't see a poor conditioned team.

Advertisement
Hard to tell when our coach doesn't hold anyone accountable in general and fat slobs are stumbling around our o line... But it doesn't seem good right? Not recruiting much at all and same old results. His running games did get good results with Kiffin, but Kiffin is 400 times more creative in the run game than Asslee.

Advertisement
So you’re agreeing that Justice isn’t getting the job done?
I'd be willing to listen to that argument before the argument that our guys aren't as strong as the opposing players they hulk over. Don't you?

But But But when he was hired everyone told me he was an awesome hire with his previous OC experience

Advertisement
Back