Garin Justice

From Justice at his media time today:

"First week I thought we left the game with a lot of positives, still a very, very big challenge and we didn’t play well enough to win,” Justice said. “I thought the last week (against App State) was a really, really poor performance on our part.

“I feel we still have to figure out the right side,” Justice said. “The right side is not playing good ball, what we want it to be. … Neither Vaughn nor Justice played winning football Saturday night by any means, so we have to keep exploring our options.”

Justice said that DJ Scaife and Jarrid Williams are now competing for the RT spot and Justice Oluwaseun and Navaughn are competing for RG.

On Donaldson:
“He just plays out of his pads, too high right now, has some mental breakdowns that are inexcusable,” Justice said. “We love Navaughn, he’s been a big part of this program for a long time. But he has to play better and I have to coach him better.”

On DJ Scaife:
“The first week of August camp I thought DJ had as good an August as anyone had. He was our best tackle, that was partly considering Zion was out. But DJ earned that right to start game 1. He got taken advantage of early in the Alabama game, we can’t get our quarterback hurt, hit, that’s why we pulled him."

“Jalen Rivers - he’s played the best of anyone the first two weeks,” . “Corey has been solid, Zion still you can see he missed his two weeks of camp, it’s showing in his game right now. We have to do better, do better all around. We know that. There’s no excuses with that. That’s the reality."

“We have to get it right,” “We have to do better. … As an offensive line we have to do everything we can to develop trust so coach (Rhett) Lashlee can feel like he calls what he needs to call,” “You call an outside run, hit for a loss, as a play caller it’s like touching a hot stove `maybe I don’t want to call that again.’ He’s been burnt. We know at least we’re getting stuff to move forward. We have to do our part as an O line."
Coach didn’t mince words here. Refreshing.

Advertisement
How about you take a break from the social security guard act for a min G? Taking a small segment of someones comment and commenting on said comment (usually non football related) is fruit poppish G. The last football related comment you made was a couple years back when u said something about that guys cup. Hmmmmm interesting.

If justice thinks Mallory is giving his best effort then he might as well join this board and be a social security guard.........

G.
You don’t think it’s silly to rip an Ol coach that’s been here one year? Walking into possibly the worst unit in our schools history? So bad they he brought one of his kids from Unlv?

We had one of the worst recruiting coaches ever before him but we expect this guy to change it in year two? Me and gocanes disagree on a lot but this is beyond silly. There’s more than enough bigger issues here than him.

Btw Justice has no say in Mallorys blocking or playing time , he’s not an ol.

if only Feeley recruited and coached these players.:t5dia6fawihw78.jpg:
south park GIF

Justice and Patke started the season on the hotseat for me. They have been true to form, terrible. When the problems on a unit is wide spread and it never changes, thats on the coach. Same as if the problems on a team are wide spread, its on the HC. U can't find one player to say this guy is playing really well instead of saying this guy has not been as bad. Thats what we have at LB and OL. Who is worse. Thats coaching

Justice and Patke started the season on the hotseat for me. They have been true to form, terrible. When the problems on a unit is wide spread and it never changes, thats on the coach. Same as if the problems on a team are wide spread, its on the HC. U can't find one player to say this guy is playing really well instead of saying this guy has not been as bad. Thats what we have at LB and OL. Who is worse. Thats coaching
1 year gets you on your hot seat?

Advertisement
From Justice at his media time today:

"First week I thought we left the game with a lot of positives, still a very, very big challenge and we didn’t play well enough to win,” Justice said. “I thought the last week (against App State) was a really, really poor performance on our part.

“I feel we still have to figure out the right side,” Justice said. “The right side is not playing good ball, what we want it to be. … Neither Vaughn nor Justice played winning football Saturday night by any means, so we have to keep exploring our options.”

Justice said that DJ Scaife and Jarrid Williams are now competing for the RT spot and Justice Oluwaseun and Navaughn are competing for RG.

On Donaldson:
“He just plays out of his pads, too high right now, has some mental breakdowns that are inexcusable,” Justice said. “We love Navaughn, he’s been a big part of this program for a long time. But he has to play better and I have to coach him better.”

On DJ Scaife:
“The first week of August camp I thought DJ had as good an August as anyone had. He was our best tackle, that was partly considering Zion was out. But DJ earned that right to start game 1. He got taken advantage of early in the Alabama game, we can’t get our quarterback hurt, hit, that’s why we pulled him."

“Jalen Rivers - he’s played the best of anyone the first two weeks,” . “Corey has been solid, Zion still you can see he missed his two weeks of camp, it’s showing in his game right now. We have to do better, do better all around. We know that. There’s no excuses with that. That’s the reality."

“We have to get it right,” “We have to do better. … As an offensive line we have to do everything we can to develop trust so coach (Rhett) Lashlee can feel like he calls what he needs to call,” “You call an outside run, hit for a loss, as a play caller it’s like touching a hot stove `maybe I don’t want to call that again.’ He’s been burnt. We know at least we’re getting stuff to move forward. We have to do our part as an O line."
Is that what people call acou....account.... accountability?
Its Beautiful Reaction GIF

1 year gets you on your hot seat?
The collective IQ of the majority of CIS' posters is negative infinity. I'm also convinced that these same mental midgets have never played a competitive sport in their lives and/or have/had to make important decisions for a living

Advertisement
The last 3 Oline coaches all “stunk”. It’s probably the culture here not the coaching. UNC took our oline coach he goes up there too 10 offense and top rushing attack. YOU DO THE MATH
Sam Howell is getting killed this year with 5 returning OL starters from a year ago

How about you take a break from the social security guard act for a min G? Taking a small segment of someones comment and commenting on said comment (usually non football related) is fruit poppish G. The last football related comment you made was a couple years back when u said something about that guys cup. Hmmmmm interesting.

If justice thinks Mallory is giving his best effort then he might as well join this board and be a social security guard.........

G.

I prefer mall safety officer

Justice sounds like he’s figuring it out about Donaldson. Awesome in theory but at times can be the sole reason we get eaten alive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Justice lost me when I saw Donaldson trying to get out on two screen plays vs. App State. That was never going to happen. Just crazy.
You mean Lashlee right? Because Justice isn't the one who's calling the plays. You know that right? The OC should know the personnel he has at his disposal for every play. Justice is putting out the group he feels the best about.

Jakai Clark is healthy but they plan to RS him. Why not let him compete with Gaynor?
How do you know he's truly healthy? Is he even in game shape, or in good cardiovascular shape? When's the last time has he practiced with the team? Has he been lifting and running?

These are questions me or you don't have the answers to. Let the kid take the year off to Prep for next year. This staff isn't benching Gaynor anyway. They supposedly love him.

Advertisement
Back