Garin Justice

I really like Justice but seems like this should have been sorted out before the season started. Only thing I can think of is Scaife and Donaldson looked the part against are poor d-line and now he sees that a change must take place. I wish Reed would be given a chance at RG as he was dominate in high school and has not been developed at the U

Advertisement
One of the silliest things Ive seen on this site was numerous people saying they know he is a great recruiter because he has good looking wife compared to his looks.

With that said, unless we start a bunch of Fr and Soph, the majority of olineman we have to rely on arent Justice guys. Blame the previous oline coach for bringing in these JAGS

BC has had one of the best OL in America the past few years and Matt Applebaum was at Towson and Davidson before getting that job. Crap, everyone's favorite OL coach Alex Mirabel was at Marshall and FIU before Oregon

SIIIIIIIIIIGH; that’s b/c Applebaum was hired in January of 2020 at BC. So let’s see what BC did in 2019 vs. when Applebaum became OL coach.

TFL allowed:
2019: 28th
2020: 69th

Sacks Allowed:
2019: 4th
2020: 88th

Rushing Offense:
2019: 8th
2020: 118th

As far as Alex, Marshall for yrs was one of the top G5 programs from 20. ****, they went 44-22 during his tenure under Doc Holiday.

Most experienced offensive line in college football history and can't block app state.

Loser.

This. Justice has been here 2 years and has plenty of talent and experience to work with, but still can't field a solid unit. The one he is coaching up and rolling out can barely hold up against ******* App State.

Get out of here.

Advertisement
Did ya’ll see this chit?

Clark's parents are involved in this decision. They want him to heal up as best as possible. If something happens to Gaynor he will play, of course. But if they can keep him to the 4 games to redshirt it sounds like that's the family's preference.

Clark's parents are involved in this decision. They want him to heal up as best as possible. If something happens to Gaynor he will play, of course. But if they can keep him to the 4 games to redshirt it sounds like that's the family's preference.

I was referring more less to Gaynor having 2 more yrs of eligibility! Lol.

1 year gets you on your hot seat?
Did you see Dan Enos? Do some of you have a critical brain or you just use arbitrary parameters to judge everything.
Time does not equal good or bad coach. You can see when the same problems keep occuring. He is a position coach with nothing but upperclassmen to work with and they are playing like FR.

Advertisement
Jakai Clark is healthy but they plan to RS him. Why not let him compete with Gaynor?
Coach Justice has said many times that Clark is our least athletic linemen. That he is future at center is a media fluff piece.

Clark will probably transfer after spring ball or summer.

Go Canes

The OL scheme requires really good communication. Multiple times I saw Rivers, Gaynor, and Donaldson pass off guys in their zone only to have those guys make a tackle. It sure seems like they are being told to pass off and look for more work vs. remaining engaged with eyes looking for delayed blitz or stunts.
This has been going on for years. Guys coming inside unlocked while another guy is being double teamed. Not all the issues are physical.

For instance Donaldson's loafing *** on the screen to Rambo where he missed the block (well he never got there). And Rambo rightfully chewed his *** out.

Coach Justice has said many times that Clark is our least athletic linemen. That he is future at center is a media fluff piece.

Go Canes
IDK about all that. But it has also been said he is very smart. That's what you need at center and likely the reason Big Vaughn won't see that spot.

Advertisement

Go Canes
Why would he do that when his own OL coach is gift wrapping him the starting job next year?

This has been going on for years. Guys coming inside unlocked while another guy is being double teamed. Not all the issues are physical.

For instance Donaldson's loafing *** on the screen to Rambo where he missed the block (well he never got there). And Rambo rightfully chewed his *** out.

For the donaldson screen, that depends on the coaching. 1. Rambo waited for the ball vs. helping Donaldson. 2. X ran past the LB who had identified the screen leaving a nearly impossible block for Donaldson to make. 3. Donaldson clearly isn't giving it his all to make the block. Lots of blame to go around. I'd put the majority on coaching as X should have taken on the LB who was covering the flats vs the CB who had deep coverage and was 15 yards off.

Did you see Dan Enos? Do some of you have a critical brain or you just use arbitrary parameters to judge everything.
Time does not equal good or bad coach. You can see when the same problems keep occuring. He is a position coach with nothing but upperclassmen to work with and they are playing like FR.
Thought I saw where Penos is doing better than Rhett with Maryland - considering Maryland is playing lesser teams and has TAg jr.. just sayin. don't miss penos at all - is just funny that he's putting up decent dnumbers so far

Advertisement
You don’t think it’s silly to rip an Ol coach that’s been here one year? Walking into possibly the worst unit in our schools history? So bad they he brought one of his kids from Unlv?

We had one of the worst recruiting coaches ever before him but we expect this guy to change it in year two? Me and gocanes disagree on a lot but this is beyond silly. There’s more than enough bigger issues here than him.

Btw Justice has no say in Mallorys blocking or playing time , he’s not an ol.

Right now I don't care either way. It ain't like people were kicking doors down to get this dude for starters and in year 2 you're seeing some of the same bs you saw last year. You would expect to see a semblance of some change and I haven't seen anything despite bringing back one of the most experienced units in the NCAA

I know Mallory isn't an OL I talked about in another post in this thread so that for useless for you to point that out.

You picked the wrong post to quote cause it has nothing to do with justice one way or another

It’s crazy how one minute y’all pulling somebody D*** whn sh** goin hood … whn **** ain’t going they way y’all like you go to pointing fingers at this person and that person…. Honestly some of y’all need to fall back and let the season play b4 you go to criticizing ….first thing come out y’all mouth is fire somebody like y’all paying the check….that’s not always the answer… just look at the teams that fire they coaches every two years( FSU TENN, etc)…. You can’t pay a good coach whn paying buyouts at the same time… you going to end up with another up and coming assistant with probably the same results 🤷🏾‍♂️

I want my OL coach to be a respected tough guy hardass who’s position players take on his personality and toughness.

this OL stands and dances, walling defenders or waiting and blocking air. Also terrible at combo blocks. I don’t see the mean streak or toughness

Advertisement
Back