From the Perch: Louisiana Tech

View as article
Thanks Roman, enjoyed your post as usual.

At the risk of sounding crass, what the actual **** does Butch Barry get paid to do? Our OL looks completely lost every game and has not progressed at all. They look just as lost and confused as they did when we saw the issues they had against Florida, which seems like a year ago.

Everyone says he's a nice guy. He'll land on his feet. Might be a better fit with another team or back in the NFL.

Advertisement
Thank you @Roman Marciante for these analyses all year, I know they've been painful to watch, and probably even more painful to assemble, especially given how hopeful we all were during the clips you show in the opening segment of past successes.

Regarding the offensive line, it's either we've had the worst coaching possible in the history of college football, or these have been the worst evaluations in recruiting. I have a hard time believing that you can't even get these guys to play competently for one drive with even average talent. I feel like high school coaches could do that. Your thought?

@Roman Marciante thanks for your analysis.

Curious if you ever saw this offense audible? Seems like we would always send it one play and run it no matter the number of defenders in the box or coverage look.

Advertisement
@Roman Marciante - a little belated but thanks for all your posts throughout this (dreadful) season. I've definitely learned a thing or two or more from reading what you have written.

Advertisement
Miami needs to invest in OL coaching. Overpay for a top OL coach and then add MOAR OL coaches as "analysts".

Every kid on the OL (and Mallory) should have a OL analyst as their roommate.

No more Call of Duty for these mopes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back