Figs and Blue get off

Advertisement
They can never try to re-apply or enter campus again. It's part of the deal. The girl didn't want to testify, So they settled; Plain and Simple.

You guys say we didn't have their back, which makes ZERO sense. They raped another student athlete. Are you saying that because they are football players, they deserve to be protected from felonies? That is just ridiculous, especially because they said they did it. Just because they settled, doesn't mean they didn't have a case. Sometimes it is exactly what it is, the girl doesn't want to testify. Not many would in her situation.
The school did what they should have. I'm happy we are strict on sexual assault. I don't want to be like FSU. Also, the school isn't throwing the players under the bus. This is the players fault. Some of you need to get your priorities straight. And don't give me that bull, all girls cry wolf, because Not to many students are going out getting expelled for rape here.

This is the most absurd thing I've ever read. Negged.

They can never try to re-apply or enter campus again. It's part of the deal. The girl didn't want to testify, So they settled; Plain and Simple.

You guys say we didn't have their back, which makes ZERO sense. They raped another student athlete. Are you saying that because they are football players, they deserve to be protected from felonies? That is just ridiculous, especially because they said they did it. Just because they settled, doesn't mean they didn't have a case. Sometimes it is exactly what it is, the girl doesn't want to testify. Not many would in her situation.
The school did what they should have. I'm happy we are strict on sexual assault. I don't want to be like FSU. Also, the school isn't throwing the players under the bus. This is the players fault. Some of you need to get your priorities straight. And don't give me that bull, all girls cry wolf, because Not to many students are going out getting expelled for rape here.
The State of Florida said they didn't rape another student athlete.

Looks like we have another omniscient CIS porster.

This has nothing to do with "priorities" or whatever else you want to say. It has everything to do with following the law and the United States Constitution, however. I'm glad you seem to hate both.

Correct, they are not guilty of a crime under federal law but that same us constitution gives um as a private institution the wherewithal to do exactly as they did. Given that what is legal is not coextensive with what is ethical, I believe we did the ethical thing as a university. The problem with ethics is they are subjective.

The amount of falsities in the bolded sentences are amazing. You don't know if they raped another student. Not a single person here is defending them because they are football players. We would all be in unison as to a player getting kicked off the team if they were convicted of rape. They never said they did it. They never confessed. If they had a case why would they settle on a ******* high profile gang rape case? I don't know enough about criminal law to comment from that point of view, but a lot of this just doesn't add up.

Advertisement
I hope that sorry *** fake victim is happy that she ruined two lives. Fcking dopey chicks getting drunk to the point of being unconscious then regretting that they got splacked.

Chicks need to learn that when you drink to the point of unconsciousness then you shouldn't get **** with dudes and go to their fcking apartment. What the fck do you think is going to happen? They're going to tuck you in and make you a tasty breakfast when you wake up? No. These are virile young men, not nebbish accountants with mommy issues. You get loaded with them and lead them on, they are going to want some release from their state of agitation.

P.S. That prosecutor should be embarrassed that she signed a memo or court paper that said they "sexually assaulted her against her will". What a dumb ***. If it wasn't against her will it wouldn't have been labeled a sexual assault. This is the type of person of inferior intellect and high political aspirations who is levying these false and scandalous life-ruining charges against innocent young men. She should be ashamed.

There is 0 evidence to suggest they raped here. The confession also is really suspicious, and I'm way more inclined to believe they were advised by Blake James and our AD to confess to getting an underage girl drunk and having *** with her, which was probably turned into a "rape" confession.

If you think the state isn't proceeding with this case because the girl doesn't want to testify and are letting them off with a PTI you're delusional. Where's the proof beyond what some police officer claimed was a confession?

I'm also dying at people still calling them criminals. So you're opinion from a distance, with no insight into the situation at all, trumps that of the State of Florida, who was privy to all the information present in the case? Makes sense.

No thanks.
So you find people that root for losses offensive, yet when 2 people are not charged for a crime you still label them a criminal?

Good to know.

Uhhh, you mean pleaded down from sexual assault...right? If they weren't charged with a crime, and didn't admit to something illegal, why would they need to be in a diversion program for first offenders?

And I never said I find people rooting for losses offensive. I said that I find it odd that none of those who posted here that they were rooting against Miami until AG is fired now won't own up to it with F$U up next. Not a single person has said "I'm rooting for F$U", even though they must know that beating F$U kills any hope of AG getting fired. You don't find that odd?

you accept a diversion program to avoid trial regardless of how you feel about your chances of winning.

When you successfully complete the diversion program the charges will likely be dropped completely.

a person is only a criminal when they are convicted of a crime. remember this isn't Iran

Advertisement
You people are crazy if you think Fig, Blue or Eddie will ever play another down for Miami. lol be for real now.

du4fo_zpskdp8f8ko.gif

You people are crazy if you think Fig, Blue or Eddie will ever play another down for Miami. lol be for real now.

You're a real soothsayer given that it's clearly part of the condition of their program that they not re-apply to UM or ever return to campus.

Advertisement
I don't get why she didn't want to pursue the case, not like they were a apart of the university anymore and that there would be backlash against her like with Winston. But hey.

The State of Florida said they didn't rape another student athlete.

Looks like we have another omniscient CIS porster.

This has nothing to do with "priorities" or whatever else you want to say. It has everything to do with following the law and the United States Constitution, however. I'm glad you seem to hate both.

Correct, they are not guilty of a crime under federal law but that same us constitution gives um as a private institution the wherewithal to do exactly as they did. Given that what is legal is not coextensive with what is ethical, I believe we did the ethical thing as a university. The problem with ethics is they are subjective.

Exactly... its in the eye of the beholder just like beauty

These two admitted to police officers to drugging and rapping a UM Student. What if this girl was your child? If it was your daughter would you still want these two child rapists at your school?.

You only take a diversion program if there is strong evidence against you. If there is not much you go to trial. I should know because I am a criminal attorney and have recommended tons to the diversion program.

Advertisement
These two admitted to police officers to drugging and rapping a UM Student. What if this girl was your child? If it was your daughter would you still want these two child rapists at your school?.

You only take a diversion program if there is strong evidence against you. If there is not much you go to trial. I should know because I am a criminal attorney and have recommended tons to the diversion program.

In what world does a state offer a diversionary rape program to someone who has "confessed" to police? Use your brain, the confession was clearly a bunch of BS, and whatever the two of them were advised to confess to clearly doesn't sound like rape judging by the lack of prosecution. Please explain in what world someone goes to court for potential Felony sexual assault charges instead of taking a PTD, regardless of guilt. That's retarded. Also PTD are no a conviction nor an admission of guilt. For all you know the PTD program is for underage drinking and possession of fake ID's. It's not different than what many students at UM have faced for being caught with the two. I shutter to think what kind of attorney you actually are if this is the advice you're giving.

Your post and many others' on here is full of misinformation and baseless accusations. They never admitted to drugging her, the Miami Herald, which did an awful job reporting this story, never made a distinction if she was simply "given" alcohol or if drugs were administered.

Also, save the "what if this was your daughter" approach. That's a garbage argument. She's not my daughter so I have no reason to let emotions cloud my judgement, and can look at this strictly rationally. The odds the state, in a high profile double rape case, would allow offenders off on a freaking PTD program with any shred of evidence is hilarious.

I know a few people close to Blue, and from all accounts, this whole situation was fabricated, similar to the Treon Harris situation. The two of them got an underage girl drunk and had *** with her. The girl was with Blue and Figueroa multiple times after the alleged rape, and went to police a few days later for whatever reason. I was not in that room with Blake James and campus PD, and have no knowledge of what went down. But common sense indicates that the school either wrongly instructed these boys to distance themselves or simply urged them to confess to whatever they did to police. An actual legitimate confession to a crime wouldn't end up with two kids getting PTD.

I'm all for holding people who break the law accountable for their actions. Rape is disgusting and should be severely punished. But buyers remorse isn't rape, and by all indications, unless you're one of the retards on The U Facebook page insinuating this girl was paid off (by who exactly) whatever story we initially got is a lot different than what happened.

I'm guessing you aren't a felony level attorney nor have spent much time in circuit court.

They would be allowed back with open arms at a big time school

Bull****

No, no they wouldn't. I'm positive that they still violated the school's sexual misconduct policy even though they have a chance to get the charges dropped. Let's not defend this.

Last edited:
Something never seemed right about this story from the get go. From all accounts, Figs was a good kid from a good family. Hate to see people's names get tarnished over nothing.

Just like the people getting after others for condemning the players too quickly, you have no idea if it was "nothing". For all we know those two are luckiest supposed rapists on earth.

Well the article I just read said the "victim" told the SA she did not want to take this to trial. So if the "victim" doesn't have any problems with what went on that night, I don't see why anyone else should.

You think the only reason for an alleged victim to decide against a trial is because they didn't see anything wrong with what happened? Da ***?

Advertisement
Back