Figs and Blue get off

Advertisement
I'm good on them both.

The big picture is even putting yourself or someone else in that situation. Your a football player you don't have to even get a drunk girl plenty will bust it open sober. Also, in treon case he didn't get anything not even a diversion program.

Something never seemed right about this story from the get go. From all accounts, Figs was a good kid from a good family. Hate to see people's names get tarnished over nothing.

Advertisement
du4fo_zpskdp8f8ko.gif

Something never seemed right about this story from the get go. From all accounts, Figs was a good kid from a good family. Hate to see people's names get tarnished over nothing.

Just like the people getting after others for condemning the players too quickly, you have no idea if it was "nothing". For all we know those two are luckiest supposed rapists on earth.

Advertisement
Wow. First, I don't know what happened so I'll reserve commenting about it.

Here's a question for the "they're still criminals" crew:

Wouldn't you take pre-trial diversion (and a clean record) vs risking a felony rape trial with a victim who was a minor at the time?

"They are still criminals"

Yeah, except for the fact that you have no record after you complete PTI. Scary that these posters probably are American.

Where is the guy who said the victim is the party who brings charges in a criminal case? I guess the victim didn't think the State could prove their case BARD.

Advertisement
Can't understand why we didn't handle this the way UF handled Treon Harris. Suspend them until further notice and let the legal process play out.

Bc despite being tied for UF in the US news ranking at a respectable but nothing special #48, Miami thinks it's Stanford. The admin is delusional.
#bringemback

Dumb *** post. There was a confession. Now likely they confessed to specific acts that the police determined constituted rape, but there was a specific confession. They likely said, yeah she was drunk and we gave her alcohol and gang banged. That would be a confession.

What happened in Treon's case was no confession of rape.

I think these kids should be brought back ASAP. But they have to learn that what they did could have cost them there lives, real quick.

No thanks.
So you find people that root for losses offensive, yet when 2 people are not charged for a crime you still label them a criminal?

Good to know.

Uhhh, you mean pleaded down from sexual assault...right? If they weren't charged with a crime, and didn't admit to something illegal, why would they need to be in a diversion program for first offenders?

And I never said I find people rooting for losses offensive. I said that I find it odd that none of those who posted here that they were rooting against Miami until AG is fired now won't own up to it with F$U up next. Not a single person has said "I'm rooting for F$U", even though they must know that beating F$U kills any hope of AG getting fired. You don't find that odd?
I didn't know that PTI/PTD was considered a plea, except in Broward. Nor did I know that taking PTI/PTD was an admission of guilt in Miami-Dade County. Learn something new every day.

Lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
These two admitted to quite a few crimes. We were right to kick them out of school. We showed we care about all of our students not just the football players. See jarapist.
Unless you have evidence that they admitted to rape, I think you should rethink your statement. Also if they admitted to rape they would have been charged. How do you admit to a crime and get off? Obviously the rumors were false that they confessed

actually if they are first time offenders, they could get off with a plea deal including probation and a jail diversion program. I've personally worked with clients in programs like these and i don;t know what people are talking about. doesn't always mean the case was weak. sometimes it means that the defendant's don't have a criminal history. would also say that athletes get breaks like these while your common man does not.

Going from a rape charge to a PTD program is a precipitous drop. Either there was zero evidence or the girl completely backtracked. Even if it was the latter, I have to imagine the cops performed some prelim rape test kit on her.

Anyhow, they got a second chance.

Advertisement
Back