Figs and Blue get off

Advertisement
Can't understand why we didn't handle this the way UF handled Treon Harris. Suspend them until further notice and let the legal process play out.

Bc despite being tied for UF in the US news ranking at a respectable but nothing special #48, Miami thinks it's Stanford. The admin is delusional.
#bringemback

These two admitted to quite a few crimes. We were right to kick them out of school. We showed we care about all of our students not just the football players. See jarapist.
Unless you have evidence that they admitted to rape, I think you should rethink your statement. Also if they admitted to rape they would have been charged. How do you admit to a crime and get off? Obviously the rumors were false that they confessed

Advertisement
this wasn't a case where nothing happened...clearly they served an underage girl alcohol and in possession of fake ID's. even though this happens every day on any college campus it is a violation of school and team rules.

This was not a clear cut case but this was not a "they didn't do anything" case either....

this isn't FSU kids

What is pathetic, is that this U doesn't have any attorney alum that love their school enough like FSU does to have their phone be the first one that rings in a situation like this to get their pro bono hours in for our athletes. This may very well have unfolded much differently, and one or both who likely just fell on a sword for a **** faced freshman girl looking to avoid embarrassment in front of her family might still be a college student, and a student athlete.

"Drug and rape an underage girl" which is what everyone ran with is a violent, highly punishable offense. If that was what actually happened, they would have gotten jail sentences.

No thanks.
So you find people that root for losses offensive, yet when 2 people are not charged for a crime you still label them a criminal?

Good to know.

Uhhh, you mean pleaded down from sexual assault...right? If they weren't charged with a crime, and didn't admit to something illegal, why would they need to be in a diversion program for first offenders?

And I never said I find people rooting for losses offensive. I said that I find it odd that none of those who posted here that they were rooting against Miami until AG is fired now won't own up to it with F$U up next. Not a single person has said "I'm rooting for F$U", even though they must know that beating F$U kills any hope of AG getting fired. You don't find that odd?

Last edited:
Ferman (I know) reporting it would've been difficult to prosecute and the diversion program will last about 9 months. After completing, their record will be expunged and they will likely be able to enroll in school in the summer. Not sure if Miami will take them back.

Advertisement
They plead to something. And this may only address one charge. We don't know any details.

Either way, ship has sailed.

Ex-UM linebackers JaWand Blue, Alex Figueroa to enter diversion program for 1st time offenders in on-campus rape case @smillerdegnan #Canes
9:28am - 5 Nov 14

I mean, we do need LBs.......

Blue was probably gonna be a JAG, but **** I'd take Figs back.

Clever thread title...

No thanks.
So you find people that root for losses offensive, yet when 2 people are not charged for a crime you still label them a criminal?

Good to know.

Uhhh, you mean pleaded down from sexual assault...right? If they weren't charged with a crime, and didn't admit to something illegal, why would they need to be in a diversion program for first offenders?

And I never said I find people rooting for losses offensive. I said that I find it odd that none of those who posted here that they were rooting against Miami until AG is fired now won't own up to it with F$U up next. Not a single person has said "I'm rooting for F$U", even though they must know that beating F$U kills any hope of AG getting fired. You don't find that odd?
If they confessed to rape and drugging a girl how would they be allowed to plead down from sexual assault. Supposedly this was an open and shut case, evidently there was much more to the story that we were not privy to. I'm not gonna say they are completely innocent, but I'm not gonna say they're guilty either. Who knows what happened. But the rumors and innuendo about them was just that.

Advertisement
No thanks.

Good to know.

If they confessed to rape and drugging a girl how would they be allowed to plead down from sexual assault. Supposedly this was an open and shut case, evidently there was much more to the story that we were not privy to. I'm not gonna say they are completely innocent, but I'm not gonna say they're guilty either. Who knows what happened. But the rumors and innuendo about them was just that.

I agree, but they still accepted a diversion program, which means they admitted to something. You said they weren't charged and accused me of labelling them a criminal. All I said was "No thanks" to taking them back (because stupidity can't be fixed, and at a minimum, they were very stupid). They labelled themselves a criminal by accepting diversion.

Players did something wrong. They got punished for it. If they do their time as required, address their return at that time.

What's the outrage?

Advertisement
Good, they took a deal. Hopefully, they successfully complete their pre-trial diversion program and get on with their lives.

People don't get offered diversion if what happened is anything close to resembling a rape.

Advertisement
Back