Figs and Blue get off

Advertisement
Not true. The woman who is also a UM athlete didn't want to go through it. These guys will never come back to UM.

I'm familiar with diversion programs. They would not have been offerred this deal if the case against them was strong.

Seems like they didn't really do anything that bad.

Bring Eddie Johnson back too.

They can never try to re-apply or enter campus again. It's part of the deal. The girl didn't want to testify, So they settled; Plain and Simple.

You guys say we didn't have their back, which makes ZERO sense. They raped another student athlete. Are you saying that because they are football players, they deserve to be protected from felonies? That is just ridiculous, especially because they said they did it. Just because they settled, doesn't mean they didn't have a case. Sometimes it is exactly what it is, the girl doesn't want to testify. Not many would in her situation.
The school did what they should have. I'm happy we are strict on sexual assault. I don't want to be like FSU. Also, the school isn't throwing the players under the bus. This is the players fault. Some of you need to get your priorities straight. And don't give me that bull, all girls cry wolf, because Not to many students are going out getting expelled for rape here.
The amount of falsities in the bolded sentences are amazing. You don't know if they raped another student. Not a single person here is defending them because they are football players. We would all be in unison as to a player getting kicked off the team if they were convicted of rape. They never said they did it. They never confessed. If they had a case why would they settle on a ******* high profile gang rape case? I don't know enough about criminal law to comment from that point of view, but a lot of this just doesn't add up.

I'm pretty sure the police report said they confessed to what happened.

Can't understand why we didn't handle this the way UF handled Treon Harris. Suspend them until further notice and let the legal process play out.

treon didnt admit to the crime. these guys admitted to the crime the moment they were arrested. big difference here.

Advertisement
They can never try to re-apply or enter campus again. It's part of the deal. The girl didn't want to testify, So they settled; Plain and Simple.

You guys say we didn't have their back, which makes ZERO sense. They raped another student athlete. Are you saying that because they are football players, they deserve to be protected from felonies? That is just ridiculous, especially because they said they did it. Just because they settled, doesn't mean they didn't have a case. Sometimes it is exactly what it is, the girl doesn't want to testify. Not many would in her situation.
The school did what they should have. I'm happy we are strict on sexual assault. I don't want to be like FSU. Also, the school isn't throwing the players under the bus. This is the players fault. Some of you need to get your priorities straight. And don't give me that bull, all girls cry wolf, because Not to many students are going out getting expelled for rape here.
The amount of falsities in the bolded sentences are amazing. You don't know if they raped another student. Not a single person here is defending them because they are football players. We would all be in unison as to a player getting kicked off the team if they were convicted of rape. They never said they did it. They never confessed. If they had a case why would they settle on a ****ing high profile gang rape case? I don't know enough about criminal law to comment from that point of view, but a lot of this just doesn't add up.

Actually, what everyone here was saying is that the school abandoned them and didn't fight for them engouh, and that the school should take them back. But I completely disagree with that view. The school shouldn't value the football player over any other student or student athlete. Also The school doesn't need to have a guilty verdict in court in order to expel someone. That deal they took might be enough to get the average student expelled anyway. But people are acting like because these were football players Blake James himself should have been personally defending them.
And you guys using the argument that we don't know what happened is hyporcritical when some of you say, well they took a deal so we know she was lying about getting raped.

The amount of falsities in the bolded sentences are amazing. You don't know if they raped another student. Not a single person here is defending them because they are football players. We would all be in unison as to a player getting kicked off the team if they were convicted of rape. They never said they did it. They never confessed. If they had a case why would they settle on a ******* high profile gang rape case? I don't know enough about criminal law to comment from that point of view, but a lot of this just doesn't add up.

I'm pretty sure the police report said they confessed to what happened.
"Police reports" say a lot of things. Sometimes they say truthful things. Sometimes they don't.

Advertisement
I shudder to think what The Dark Kniggra would have done to the noles on Nov 15th.

If they admitted to sexually assaulting her ...

They must have run into a State Attorney in his last couple weeks, without any ***** to give. The SAs I know are savages and go after everybody they can.

Advertisement
If this were FSU they would have been playing the entire time. I see no problem letting them back on the team.

Advertisement
These two admitted to police officers to drugging and rapping a UM Student. What if this girl was your child? If it was your daughter would you still want these two child rapists at your school?.

You only take a diversion program if there is strong evidence against you. If there is not much you go to trial. I should know because I am a criminal attorney and have recommended tons to the diversion program.

Ticket cricket.

I hope that sorry *** fake victim is happy that she ruined two lives. Fcking dopey chicks getting drunk to the point of being unconscious then regretting that they got splacked.

Chicks need to learn that when you drink to the point of unconsciousness then you shouldn't get **** with dudes and go to their fcking apartment. What the fck do you think is going to happen? They're going to tuck you in and make you a tasty breakfast when you wake up? No. These are virile young men, not nebbish accountants with mommy issues. You get loaded with them and lead them on, they are going to want some release from their state of agitation.

P.S. That prosecutor should be embarrassed that she signed a memo or court paper that said they "sexually assaulted her against her will". What a dumb ***. If it wasn't against her will it wouldn't have been labeled a sexual assault. This is the type of person of inferior intellect and high political aspirations who is levying these false and scandalous life-ruining charges against innocent young men. She should be ashamed.

You're an idiot, dude, and obviously don't know Laura Adams. I know you are a legal guru, or occasionally hold out your creds here, but you don't know shi! Hope you never meet her. She'll wipe her *** with you. They accepted a plea with legal guidance. They lost their careers and education here. Something happened; if you don't realize that, you are a complete fool.

LULZ at the dopey marks who still think that it's true just because it's in a police report. Show me the confessions on video, or I ain't buying a fcking word of it.

I pray that some of you who claim to be lawyers are not actually lawyers. The amount of stupidity posted in this thread took my breath away and gave me partial paralysis - had it not done so, I would explain what went on here.

Advertisement
Back