Ermon Lane

Time to be a downer for a sec so skip this if you don't want to hear it.

Man, we cannot keep missing on these kids in our own backyard. This one is Michael Barrow's cousin for christ's sake. We can't even lock up our own cousin to come play here, what kind of recruiting is that?

This really blows.

I'm happy with the WR's we have on board but we're not gonna win national titles if we miss on the Michel's, the Lane's, the Cook's, the Matthew Thomas', the Bryants, the Bostwicks year in and year out like Golden has done.

It's like we're recruiting to set ourselves up to be the third best team in the ACC, and every year be ranked around #15 or so.

I don't want that. I want to be national champs again like the good old days.

At some point, you guys are going to have to take off your Al Golden glasses and look at this thing critically. We're not hauling in the kind of classes we need to be hauling in to beat the Alabama's of the world.

Kids either don't gel with Al Golden, or they don't believe in this program anymore. Either way, it's got me shaking my **** head.
I can tell you right now this is the problem which is why we need to
1. Get the NCAA off our *** and
2. Show these kids that were improving by actually winning games on the football field this upcoming year
Until those two things happen Al can say whatever he wants, and yeah, we'll keep getting the die hard canes like duke, Malcolm, carter etc. but we'll keep losing more on the fence guys

Advertisement
Dude has been gone from the U since the 7 on 7 tournaments with SFE and Quincy.

You mean like when he was wearing a miami hat playing for SFE just a few months ago?

That doesn't mean a **** thing. See last recruiting cycle, Khairi Clark, Dalvin Cook, etc.

crossover22[]_[];1530632 said:
Why would you want to play WR at florida?........

IMO, Lane feels he plays immediately there and can have an Amari Cooper like impact. JHova has said Lane having the opportunity to change history at WR there interests me.

The reason TE Sean Price said he chose USF is a good example.

You can say that but Sean Price really chose USF because he wanted his grandparents to see him play since it's a hour and a half away and really wanted to go to UF but they already had Kent Taylor in the bag. UF is 30 mins away from him.. Too bad because he would of been a good fit in our offense..

Price was also a Kaaya-type for USF. Yeah we were on Price hard but USF was on him way before anyone else and the kid really took that to heart. I was bummed we didn't get him but you have to respect that.

I remember reading a quote from Price where he said he wanted to start a new tradition as a TE at USF. That's part of what has Lane interested in them...that and their depth chart.

Support #⃣5⃣Jwalk ‏@_MoneyLane 4h
Why everybody just think I gave up on Miami like that lol

Lane must read the boards.

So if you're reading Lane, most of these people giving up on you either aren't Miami fans, are younger than you are, or they're just butthurt from other Dade kids leaving us.

I still want Lane no matter what. But if he picks UF over Miami and Bama I have to wonder WTF his thought process is there. Either way, we got recievers so it'll be alright. I'd really just love to have Ermon in the mix and hopefully beating everyone out to have a 3 wide set of Coley, Lane and Griffin in a couple years just torching everyone with Kaaya or Olsen throwing it to them.

Lane needs to watch what Kaaya is doing. Neither of his other choices have that coming in to battle with a kid like Olsen. That's reality.

Advertisement
He definitely reads the boards. Don't mind these knee-jerk reactions from crazed fans, Ermon. Take your time and make the decision that's best for you, whatever it might be. Try to tune out the lunatic fans.

Oh, and if you don't pick Miami I'm going to kill myself live on YouTube.

Pretty much everyone in this thread has said Ermon is a beast, maybe a few trolls who didn't. Most just don't think we have a great shot with him.

Ermon if you're reading.. I don't care if you come here on not. I'm 30+ and have followed the hurricanes and supported the program through buying tickets and gear for 16+ years. If you come cool if not zero ***** are given. I'm still going to buy tickets and I will still support the program. Why does one kid turn us into 17yr old slurpers.

Not everyone from Miami, Fl has to go to UM. Just like how everybody from Tallahassee doesnt have to go to fsu. Give him a break. If he does read these my faith in him committing to miami is 0%. Way too many crazy people on here

Advertisement
From rivals...

Of where the Canes fit into his picture, Lane said, "They fit in high. That's my dream school. They'll be in the running."

He says what he likes about UM is "they play a lot of freshmen, and that's big for me."

Asked if there's a lot of local pressure on him to choose UM, Lane says if he winds up leaving Miami that "It won't be tough to me, but it'd be tough for the neighborhood."

Ermon, wherever you go, in three years you will be at the NC game. If you pick swamp scum, you will be in the stands watching. If you pick satan's legion, you will be on the field crying. If you pick THE [[_]], [[_]] will be being carried off the field by Ray Lewis and Playmaker after catching the game willing td from either Olsen or Kaaya. Your choice. Choose wisely.

Advertisement
Didn't Duke tweet something around the lines of "pretty funny how all these kids claim Miami is their dream school and then end up signing somewhere else"

If Miami really is Ermon Lane's dream school, he should stay home and rep his city.

Not be like Matt Thomas and throw up 305 hand signs on national TV at the Under Armor AA game and then not rep his city at all by going to FSU. SMH

Ermon Lane actually has a huge opportunity to make his "dream school" a national championship contender.

Just think if he would commit to Miami early and recruit other top recruits, IMO a lot of these top kids would follow Lane.

I really don't want to believe that a player like Lane would be scared off by our WR depth chart like many on here have stated.

Yes he could go be "the man" and #1 receiver at UF (b/c they suck and the only WR they have produced that is worth a **** was Percy Harvin and he would have done that anywhere, UF just got lucky it was at their school), but just think of how much better prepared for the NFL he will be after competing every day with elite talent at WR(IMO Lane is better than most of our WRs and would get plenty of playing time as a Fr.) instead of those scrubs at UF.

We simply don't have a WR on our roster like Lane and he would be used a lot.

Oh and he would have that tool Joker coaching him at UF too LMAO, maybe he can photoshop some more cool pictures to land recruits.

Maybe Lane aspires to be one of the clown heads in his cool Joker twitter pics.

#comeplaywrforthejoker LMAO

The choice is pretty easy

play for this guy:
[video=youtube;8OxfUftiYRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OxfUftiYRU[/video]

or play for this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnNCC8C6o2s

Man, we cannot keep missing on these kids in our own backyard. This one is Michael Barrow's cousin for christ's sake. We can't even lock up our own cousin to come play here, what kind of recruiting is that?

This really blows.

I'm happy with the WR's we have on board but we're not gonna win national titles if we miss on the Michel's, the Lane's, the Cook's, the Matthew Thomas', the Bryants, the Bostwicks year in and year out like Golden has done.

It's like we're recruiting to set ourselves up to be the third best team in the ACC, and every year be ranked around #15 or so.

At some point, you guys are going to have to take off your Al Golden glasses and look at this thing critically. We're not hauling in the kind of classes we need to be hauling in to beat the Alabama's of the world.

Kids either don't gel with Al Golden, or they don't believe in this program anymore. Either way, it's got me shaking my **** head.

Negged for still not understanding Barrow and Lane aren't related.

crossover22[]_[];1530873 said:
Yall think the SEC isnt throwing money at lane?

if we dont get him its not because we didnt try.

To be totally honest I think the kid wants to play in big games in front of big crowds and we don't guarantee him either of those. It's why I think we will make a strong push after the season but I doubt we land him.

Advertisement

This really blows.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Homestead (Fla.) wide receiver Ermon Lane has established a name for himself as being one of the top prospects for the class of 2014. Schools such as Alabama, Miami, Florida State and LSU have already offered. He is getting ready for his upcoming season where he will look to further his abilities on the playing field.

“We start two-a-days Monday,” Lane said.

Lane, 6’2 and 175-pounds, talked about the recruiting process to date.

“It’s been good,” Lane said. “It’s been great.” Some of the schools coming after him hard included “Alabama, FSU, UM, Florida and LSU.” He holds offers from all of those schools “except Florida, they didn’t offer. I got interest in all of them.”

The University of Miami is located just a short distance from his high school, roughly 30 minutes. His interest in the Canes can be directly tied to their production and development of football players.

“I just like Miami because of what they do with their players,” Lane said. “They send them to the league and make them Pro Bowlers.”

The wide out has a great relationship with the entire UM coaching staff, but he is a little bit closer to Miami linebackers coach Michael Barrow.

“I talk to all of the coaches,” Lane said of his connection to the coaches. “All of them treat me the same. Coach Barrow, he is my cousin.”

University of Miami wide receiver Herb Waters graduated from Homestead and is one of Lane’s “best friends.”

He calls him his cousin, they're not really cousins they are just close. IIRC he said he was a 6/7 on a scale of 10 on how close he was to barrow.

This really blows.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Homestead (Fla.) wide receiver Ermon Lane has established a name for himself as being one of the top prospects for the class of 2014. Schools such as Alabama, Miami, Florida State and LSU have already offered. He is getting ready for his upcoming season where he will look to further his abilities on the playing field.

“We start two-a-days Monday,” Lane said.

Lane, 6’2 and 175-pounds, talked about the recruiting process to date.

“It’s been good,” Lane said. “It’s been great.” Some of the schools coming after him hard included “Alabama, FSU, UM, Florida and LSU.” He holds offers from all of those schools “except Florida, they didn’t offer. I got interest in all of them.”

The University of Miami is located just a short distance from his high school, roughly 30 minutes. His interest in the Canes can be directly tied to their production and development of football players.

“I just like Miami because of what they do with their players,” Lane said. “They send them to the league and make them Pro Bowlers.”

The wide out has a great relationship with the entire UM coaching staff, but he is a little bit closer to Miami linebackers coach Michael Barrow.

“I talk to all of the coaches,” Lane said of his connection to the coaches. “All of them treat me the same. Coach Barrow, he is my cousin.”

University of Miami wide receiver Herb Waters graduated from Homestead and is one of Lane’s “best friends.”

And they both have stated they are not related-related, but like you are close to the family so they call you cousin.

Advertisement
Back