Ermon Lane

Yes he could go be "the man" and #1 receiver at UF (b/c they suck and the only WR they have produced that is worth a **** was Percy Harvin and he would have done that anywhere, UF just got lucky it was at their school), but just think of how much better prepared for the NFL he will be after competing every day with elite talent at WR(IMO Lane is better than most of our WRs and would get plenty of playing time as a Fr.) instead of those scrubs at UF.

you say that regarding percy but the same is true for the great wideouts that have come through miami. you guys act as if thrill hill, mike irvin, andre johnson, reggie wayne, santana, etc. would have been scrubs if they went to some other school. miami doesn't have a monopoly on producing good receivers. ultimately, it comes down to the individual. if you're good enough, it doesn't matter what school you go to. the idea that schools 'produce' players is retarded, its determined mostly by the individual and secondly by their coaches.

now frankly i wouldn't want driskel throwing me the ball, i think he's awful. but lane would be mainly playing with grier if he chose uf. and until those guys produce, they are all unknowns. just like the qb recruits at bama and kaaya and olsen at miami.

Advertisement
Man, it's a long way to signing day. At this time last year nobody thought we were even recruiting Stacey Coley. It'll will play out. I really don't think we want Lane as bad as everyone assumes.....we shall see.

Yes he could go be "the man" and #1 receiver at UF (b/c they suck and the only WR they have produced that is worth a **** was Percy Harvin and he would have done that anywhere, UF just got lucky it was at their school), but just think of how much better prepared for the NFL he will be after competing every day with elite talent at WR(IMO Lane is better than most of our WRs and would get plenty of playing time as a Fr.) instead of those scrubs at UF.

you say that regarding percy but the same is true for the great wideouts that have come through miami. you guys act as if thrill hill, mike irvin, andre johnson, reggie wayne, santana, etc. would have been scrubs if they went to some other school. miami doesn't have a monopoly on producing good receivers. ultimately, it comes down to the individual. if you're good enough, it doesn't matter what school you go to. the idea that schools 'produce' players is retarded, its determined mostly by the individual and secondly by their coaches.

now frankly i wouldn't want driskel throwing me the ball, i think he's awful. but lane would be mainly playing with grier if he chose uf. and until those guys produce, they are all unknowns. just like the qb recruits at bama and kaaya and olsen at miami.

This was posted by canefam on rivals:

UF maybe the quickest place to get of the field as a WR, but they don't throw the ball... They threw for 61 yards in one game last year! Are you kidding me...

Here are the stats:
Bowling Green - 145 yards
Texas A & M - 165
Tennessee - 219
Kentucky - 209
LSU - 61 Crazy...
Vanderbilt - 77 with a 3.9 yard per catch average. Are you kidding me...
South Carolina - 94
Georgia - 191
Missouri - 106
La. Lafayette - 162
Jacksonville St. - 154
Fl. State - 150
Louisville - 175

Dude going to UF is like WR suicide... There are NO WR's that are going to get drafted with those kind of numbers!

Morris was putting up these numbers in the FIRST quarter!!!

These boys better re-think their options, Miami is the place a WR should want to be, no doubt about it!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kill1storm,

So if Michael Irvin, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Thrill Hill etc... went to a program that is mostly a run first offense like UF and puts up passing numbers like this you think we would all know who they were?

The answer is no.

Just like no one will know who the F@#k Deonte Thompson, Andre Dubose or Quinton Dunbar are in a few years. And hey they were all highly rated 4 star WRs except for Dubose who was a 5 star "next Percy Harvin" can't miss guy that screwed his career by choosing UF.

Go ahead and try and spin it any way you like, UF is where top WR recruits go to never be heard of again.

And I brought up the fact that Percy Harvin could have done what he did at UF anywhere b/c when you guys signed him he was the number one recruit regardless of position (very rare for a WR to have the top spot on the rivals100, it usually goes to a DE or OT so it just shows how elite he truly is) and everybody in the country knew he was gonna be a monster in college, unlike Andre Johnson, Michael Irvin, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Thrill Hill etc... who were all passed up by other programs and were not all 4 star "can't miss" players like the ones that just underperformed like crazy at UF.

A top WR in the country with offers from everywhere would have to be dumb as a box of rocks to take his talents to Gainesville, I don't give a f@#k who you guys are bringing in at QB.

Side note:

Another thing that should attract these top WRs is the OLine class that we are putting together, b/c a great OLine gives the QB more time to find his receivers and gives WRs more time to get open.

UF couldn't even hold a spring game b/c of their lack of OLine depth and quality. lol

Support #⃣5⃣Jwalk ‏@_MoneyLane 11h
Beginning of August is when everyone would know where I'm going to college

UF maybe the quickest place to get of the field as a WR, but they don't throw the ball... They threw for 61 yards in one game last year! Are you kidding me...

Here are the stats:
Texas A & M - 165
Tennessee - 219
Kentucky - 209
LSU - 61 Crazy...
South Carolina - 94
Georgia - 191
Missouri - 106
La. Lafayette - 162
Jacksonville St. - 154
Fl. State - 150
Louisville - 175

Dude going to UF is like WR suicide... There are NO WR's that are going to get drafted with those kind of numbers!

These boys better re-think their options, Miami is the place a WR should want to be, no doubt about it!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kill1storm,

So if Michael Irvin, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Thrill Hill etc... went to a program that is mostly a run first offense like UF and puts up passing numbers like this you think we would all know who they were?

The answer is no.

Just like no one will know who the F@#k Deonte Thompson, Andre Dubose or Quinton Dunbar are in a few years. And hey they were all highly rated 4 star WRs except for Dubose who was a 5 star "next Percy Harvin" can't miss guy that screwed his career by choosing UF.

Go ahead and try and spin it any way you like, UF is where top WR recruits go to never be heard of again.

And I brought up the fact that Percy Harvin could have done what he did at UF anywhere b/c when you guys signed him he was the number one recruit regardless of position (very rare for a WR to have the top spot on the rivals100, it usually goes to a DE or OT so it just shows how elite he truly is) and everybody in the country knew he was gonna be a monster in college, unlike Andre Johnson, Michael Irvin, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Thrill Hill etc... who were all passed up by other programs and were not all 4 star "can't miss" players like the ones that just underperformed like crazy at UF.

A top WR in the country with offers from everywhere would have to be dumb as a box of rocks to take his talents to Gainesville, I don't give a f@#k who you guys are bringing in at QB.

Side note:

Another thing that should attract these top WRs is the OLine class that we are putting together, b/c a great OLine gives the QB more time to find his receivers and gives WRs more time to get open.

UF couldn't even hold a spring game b/c of their lack of OLine depth and quality. lol

i don't disagree with much of what you've posted. like i said, if i was a receiver i wouldn't want to play with driskel either. but uf is selling him on the future qb's, at bama they'll be breaking in a new starter and miami will be as well. i say that to say that all 3 schools in contention will have unproven qb's when he suits up. unless you're going to sit here and tell me with a straight face you know bama's qbs or kaaya and olsen are gonna be studs, there's really no difference in the three situations. all 3 schools have good young qb recruits who have yet to do anything, they are all unkown.

as to the rest, again, it comes down to the player mostly and then the coaches. thompson, dunbar, or debose wouldn't have been good at miami either. why pretend like miami didn't have lance legget, akeem jolla, ryan moore, sam shields before he moved to corner, etc. become busts either? maybe those players just weren't as good as their rankings, it has **** to do with the school. it's not a coincidence miami stopped producing players of those caliber when they signed recruits who couldn't play and had coker and shannon coaching. if it was about the school, they would have kept producing andre johnson's despite the coach, offense, whatever. in case you haven't noticed, tons of smaller schools have had better players at that position than the big 3 lately. **** demarious thomas came from the triple option and is a beast in the pros. i guess that offense prepared him to be good in the nfl :ohlord:. or maybe...he was just hella talented.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What I was mainly getting at is that the only WR worth a **** in the NFL that you guys produced was Percy Harvin, that's it.

Those guys that you mentioned(Andre, Irvin, Moss, Hill, Wayne etc...) were spread over different coaches and QBs, and no matter what we still produce top talent at the WR position.

The difference is the fact that at The University of Miami we are known for airing it out and having a balanced rushing attack, that is how we have produced many NFL WRs and RBs.

Not being a run first offense like Muschamp has the Gators in, where your WRs do more blocking than catching passes.

I'm not saying Hankerson and Streeter are the caliber of Andre and Irvin etc... but they are still making money playing WR in the NFL and they came out during one of the worst eras of Miami Hurricane football.

If you don't believe that Al Golden is a HUGE upgrade from Randy Shannon or Larry Coker, then your crazy.

So this program is only heading up. You add that to the WRs that we have on roster and I def see at least 3-4 future NFL WRs, and maybe even a first rounder or two.

Also you bring up the future QBs thing (Grier-UF, Cornwell-Bama, and Olsen/Kaaya/Rosier/[possibly]Edouard-UM) and all being new and their futures unknown and I agree, but IMO the only difference and advantage we have is that we are not putting all of our hopes on just one incoming freshman QB, but 2(possibly 3[Edouard]) true freshman who will graduate early(Kaaya and Rosier)and 1 either redshirt freshman or sophomore QB(with a little experience if we burned his redshirt) in Olsen competing against each other and the cream will rise to the top.

IMO the chances of 1 out of 3-4 incoming stud QB recruits becoming great is better than 1 out of 1 incoming stud QB recruits becoming great(Cornwell-Bama and Grier-UF), and I can't remember the last time we brought in back to back QBs the caliber of Olsen and Kaaya, and watch Rosier's film if you haven't, he is for real and a QB class of him and Kaaya is the best I've ever seen us land.

And the OLine class we are putting together this year to add to guys like Flowers, Gall, Isadora etc... who are all Sophomores or younger will allow the QB enough time to spread it around and give the WRs enough time to get open.

Support #⃣5⃣Jwalk ‏@_MoneyLane 11h
Beginning of August is when everyone would know where I'm going to college

UF he will start there day 1.. I like Lane alot but Scott, Herb,Dorsett,Coley, Griffin, Malcolm Lewis, and Langham should be ok to go along with Johnnie Dixon lol.. We are loaded at WR threw 2014-2015..

Percy had more rushing yards then receiving yards two out of his three years at Florida. Hardly producing a receiver.

Well here is another stat just posted by azcanes on canesport that some of these WR recruits might want to consider before spurning the Canes for another school:

Santana Moss has 9,715 yards, needs 285 more for 10K, than we will be the only school with 4 NFL Receivers that have 10K yards or more.

Michael Irvin
Andre Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Santana Moss (Very soon)

UF or Alabama can't claim 1 WR in the NFL with over 10K yards, we are about to have 4.

Seriously LMAO at any top WR that wants to waste his career at UF.

And lets not forget the brotherhood you will forever be a part of if you go to Miami, unlike any in college football that extends past college to the NFL, and most of those top guys like Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Jeremy Shockey, Johnathan Vilma, Ray Lewis etc... are always coming back to the University of Miami to train and work out with Swaysey and our current players.

Just think, as a WR at the University of Miami you can get tips from and work out with Andre Johnson and Santana Moss and work against an Antrel Rolle, Kelly Jennings or Ed Reed in the off season.

Just think about how much better getting tips and working with and against some of the top players in the NFL would get you.

No other program has this and it is just one more thing that makes THE U special.

Or you could go to Bama, FSU, UF, ND, USC, OSU etc... and just be another player on a team.

[video=youtube;iBgEUjIxNQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBgEUjIxNQ4[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
so a receiver should go to miami because miami had great receivers in the late 80's and mid 90's? alrighty then. no question a receiver could do **** good for himself attending miami, but the same is true for multiple schools. and choosing a school based on what their recievers did 10-20 years ago is ridiculous.

and like i said before, those guys would have been beasts anywhere they went. you want to make this a school thing when its really a player thing. julio jones played in a run-heavy offense and he was a beast from day 1. why? because he was just that good. and he would have been just that good even if he went to akron rather than bama, the school has nothing to do with it. if lane is as good as people are making him out to be where he attends school really doesn't matter, he'll shine regardless.

so a receiver should go to miami because miami had great receivers in the late 80's and mid 90's? alrighty then. no question a receiver could do **** good for himself attending miami, but the same is true for multiple schools. and choosing a school based on what their recievers did 10-20 years ago is ridiculous.

and like i said before, those guys would have been beasts anywhere they went. you want to make this a school thing when its really a player thing. julio jones played in a run-heavy offense and he was a beast from day 1. why? because he was just that good. and he would have been just that good even if he went to akron rather than bama, the school has nothing to do with it. if lane is as good as people are making him out to be where he attends school really doesn't matter, he'll shine regardless.

2000's to buddy lol.. Wayne, Moss, roscoe, Andre Johnson, ''Hester'' ath, **** you can call Kellen Winslow at WR as well he played at 230 here. Hankerson as well..

2000's to buddy lol.. Wayne, Moss, roscoe, Andre Johnson, ''Hester'' ath, **** you can call Kellen Winslow at WR as well he played at 230 here. Hankerson as well..

wayne and moss were more than 10 years ago. winslow, roscoe, and andre is almost 10 years ago. irvin was before they were born. look i'm not knocking miami's history at all, but to say a kid should go to miami because they had great receivers when these recruits were 5-6 years old is idiotic, it just lacks logic.

that would be akin to me saying a receiver should go to uf now because we once had the fun n' gun more than a decade ago. now we're a run-heavy team so the situations aren't even comparable. but using his logic a receiver should still go to uf to put up big numbers lol.

If i'm a receiver I'd probably choose Miami based on Florida's perceived system under Muschamp but I certainly understand killa's point. No young, talented, probably ungodly arrogant wide receiver is going to look at that offense and say "nope. I don't think I can dominate there". It's just not in their nature. We see things through Orange and Green glasses. By some of the logic here they could easily say, welp, shouldn't go to Miami because their defense (and maybe system depending on your opinion) blows lately. Our opinion is there is plenty of PT to be had and a chance to change that...it's the same idea at receiver in florida to an extent

Advertisement
If i'm a receiver I'd probably choose Miami based on Florida's perceived system under Muschamp but I certainly understand killa's point. No young, talented, probably ungodly arrogant wide receiver is going to look at that offense and say "nope. I don't think I can dominate there". It's just not in their nature. We see things through Orange and Green glasses. By some of the logic here they could easily say, welp, shouldn't go to Miami because their defense (and maybe system depending on your opinion) blows lately. Our opinion is there is plenty of PT to be had and a chance to change that...it's the same idea at receiver in florida to an extent

that was exactly my point. nice post.

Advertisement

Here are the stats:
Texas A & M - 165
Tennessee - 219
Kentucky - 209
LSU - 61 Crazy...
South Carolina - 94
Georgia - 191
Missouri - 106
La. Lafayette - 162
Jacksonville St. - 154
Fl. State - 150
Louisville - 175

kill1storm,

The answer is no.

Side note:

Keep fighting the good fight but nobody was passing up Dre when he was being recruited. He was one of the top if not the top WR in that class. He was as sure of a stud as Harvin, just sayin.......

Last edited:
Killa1storm..
U r ***.
Quit trying to rationalize when Miami had good receivers. Bottom line....compare any set of UF receivers to Miami WRs in the NFL and there is no comparison. Sure...Miami has had some down years, who cares...it's not like former UF players from the *** era are lighting up the NFL...at least on the field.

Despite having a bigger alumni base, an on campus stadium..etc....you guys are and will always be 2nd string to us......PERIOD DOT

Advertisement
Back