Ermon Lane

LOL @ comparing UF to Miami WR's in the NFL

Are you kidding me?

Their most impactful player just murdered multiple people. LULZ

Advertisement
Yes he could go be "the man" and #1 receiver at UF (b/c they suck and the only WR they have produced that is worth a **** was Percy Harvin and he would have done that anywhere, UF just got lucky it was at their school), but just think of how much better prepared for the NFL he will be after competing every day with elite talent at WR(IMO Lane is better than most of our WRs and would get plenty of playing time as a Fr.) instead of those scrubs at UF.

you say that regarding percy but the same is true for the great wideouts that have come through miami. you guys act as if thrill hill, mike irvin, andre johnson, reggie wayne, santana, etc. would have been scrubs if they went to some other school. miami doesn't have a monopoly on producing good receivers. ultimately, it comes down to the individual. if you're good enough, it doesn't matter what school you go to. the idea that schools 'produce' players is retarded, its determined mostly by the individual and secondly by their coaches.

now frankly i wouldn't want driskel throwing me the ball, i think he's awful. but lane would be mainly playing with grier if he chose uf. and until those guys produce, they are all unknowns. just like the qb recruits at bama and kaaya and olsen at miami.

This was posted by canefam on rivals:

UF maybe the quickest place to get of the field as a WR, but they don't throw the ball... They threw for 61 yards in one game last year! Are you kidding me...

Here are the stats:
Bowling Green - 145 yards
Texas A & M - 165
Tennessee - 219
Kentucky - 209
LSU - 61 Crazy...
Vanderbilt - 77 with a 3.9 yard per catch average. Are you kidding me...
South Carolina - 94
Georgia - 191
Missouri - 106
La. Lafayette - 162
Jacksonville St. - 154
Fl. State - 150
Louisville - 175

Dude going to UF is like WR suicide... There are NO WR's that are going to get drafted with those kind of numbers!

Morris was putting up these numbers in the FIRST quarter!!!

These boys better re-think their options, Miami is the place a WR should want to be, no doubt about it!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kill1storm,

So if Michael Irvin, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Thrill Hill etc... went to a program that is mostly a run first offense like UF and puts up passing numbers like this you think we would all know who they were?

The answer is no.

Just like no one will know who the F@#k Deonte Thompson, Andre Dubose or Quinton Dunbar are in a few years. And hey they were all highly rated 4 star WRs except for Dubose who was a 5 star "next Percy Harvin" can't miss guy that screwed his career by choosing UF.

Go ahead and try and spin it any way you like, UF is where top WR recruits go to never be heard of again.

And I brought up the fact that Percy Harvin could have done what he did at UF anywhere b/c when you guys signed him he was the number one recruit regardless of position (very rare for a WR to have the top spot on the rivals100, it usually goes to a DE or OT so it just shows how elite he truly is) and everybody in the country knew he was gonna be a monster in college, unlike Andre Johnson, Michael Irvin, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Thrill Hill etc... who were all passed up by other programs and were not all 4 star "can't miss" players like the ones that just underperformed like crazy at UF.

A top WR in the country with offers from everywhere would have to be dumb as a box of rocks to take his talents to Gainesville, I don't give a f@#k who you guys are bringing in at QB.

Side note:

Another thing that should attract these top WRs is the OLine class that we are putting together, b/c a great OLine gives the QB more time to find his receivers and gives WRs more time to get open.

UF couldn't even hold a spring game b/c of their lack of OLine depth and quality. lol

Keep fighting the good fight but nobody was passing up Dre when he was being recruited. He was one of the top if not the top WR in that class. He was as sure of a stud as Harvin, just sayin.......

Well not really, b/c he still was not named the #1 WR in the country and #1 player in the country regardless of position.

I know rivals wasn't around when Dre came out, but I don't think that Andre Johnson was the #1 player in the country that year like Harvin was.

I do know that he was a top recruit though more similar to how Dubose and Deonte Thompson were, but not #1 recruit in the country.

Was or is Percy Harvin even actually that good? Stats from college and pro look pretty average for Urban to still be selling folks on him.

Yes he could go be "the man" and #1 receiver at UF (b/c they suck and the only WR they have produced that is worth a **** was Percy Harvin and he would have done that anywhere, UF just got lucky it was at their school), but just think of how much better prepared for the NFL he will be after competing every day with elite talent at WR(IMO Lane is better than most of our WRs and would get plenty of playing time as a Fr.) instead of those scrubs at UF.

you say that regarding percy but the same is true for the great wideouts that have come through miami. you guys act as if thrill hill, mike irvin, andre johnson, reggie wayne, santana, etc. would have been scrubs if they went to some other school. miami doesn't have a monopoly on producing good receivers. ultimately, it comes down to the individual. if you're good enough, it doesn't matter what school you go to. the idea that schools 'produce' players is retarded, its determined mostly by the individual and secondly by their coaches.

now frankly i wouldn't want driskel throwing me the ball, i think he's awful. but lane would be mainly playing with grier if he chose uf. and until those guys produce, they are all unknowns. just like the qb recruits at bama and kaaya and olsen at miami.

This was posted by canefam on rivals:

UF maybe the quickest place to get of the field as a WR, but they don't throw the ball... They threw for 61 yards in one game last year! Are you kidding me...

Here are the stats:
Bowling Green - 145 yards
Texas A & M - 165
Tennessee - 219
Kentucky - 209
LSU - 61 Crazy...
Vanderbilt - 77 with a 3.9 yard per catch average. Are you kidding me...
South Carolina - 94
Georgia - 191
Missouri - 106
La. Lafayette - 162
Jacksonville St. - 154
Fl. State - 150
Louisville - 175

Dude going to UF is like WR suicide... There are NO WR's that are going to get drafted with those kind of numbers!

Morris was putting up these numbers in the FIRST quarter!!!

These boys better re-think their options, Miami is the place a WR should want to be, no doubt about it!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kill1storm,

So if Michael Irvin, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Thrill Hill etc... went to a program that is mostly a run first offense like UF and puts up passing numbers like this you think we would all know who they were?

The answer is no.

Just like no one will know who the F@#k Deonte Thompson, Andre Dubose or Quinton Dunbar are in a few years. And hey they were all highly rated 4 star WRs except for Dubose who was a 5 star "next Percy Harvin" can't miss guy that screwed his career by choosing UF.

Go ahead and try and spin it any way you like, UF is where top WR recruits go to never be heard of again.

And I brought up the fact that Percy Harvin could have done what he did at UF anywhere b/c when you guys signed him he was the number one recruit regardless of position (very rare for a WR to have the top spot on the rivals100, it usually goes to a DE or OT so it just shows how elite he truly is) and everybody in the country knew he was gonna be a monster in college, unlike Andre Johnson, Michael Irvin, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Thrill Hill etc... who were all passed up by other programs and were not all 4 star "can't miss" players like the ones that just underperformed like crazy at UF.

A top WR in the country with offers from everywhere would have to be dumb as a box of rocks to take his talents to Gainesville, I don't give a f@#k who you guys are bringing in at QB.

Side note:

Another thing that should attract these top WRs is the OLine class that we are putting together, b/c a great OLine gives the QB more time to find his receivers and gives WRs more time to get open.

UF couldn't even hold a spring game b/c of their lack of OLine depth and quality. lol

Keep fighting the good fight but nobody was passing up Dre when he was being recruited. He was one of the top if not the top WR in that class. He was as sure of a stud as Harvin, just sayin.......

Well not really, b/c he still was not named the #1 WR in the country and #1 player in the country regardless of position.

I know rivals wasn't around when Dre came out, but I don't think that Andre Johnson was the #1 player in the country that year like Harvin was.

I do know that he was a top recruit though more similar to how Dubose and Deonte Thompson were, but not #1 recruit in the country.
He was as sure fire of a recruit to come out of HS as anybody. The hype around Dre was retarded as it should have been. They didn't really have anything like Rivals true, but Dre would have been a 5 star. Sometimes our fans play the whole notion that we were built on 3 star recruits that nobody wanted but that is just not true. Yes we have had many unheralded kids but we have had a boat load of Parade All Americans that were both good and total busts.

Just pointing it out, I agree with everything you say for the most part otherwise though.

Advertisement
Was or is Percy Harvin even actually that good? Stats from college and pro look pretty average for Urban to still be selling folks on him.

106.gif

If he commits to THE U we love him if he commits else where we **** on him...I see how the game is played...

I wish we could have him...hands down...it will be another piece that we lost (ESPECIALLY IF BARROW IS YOUR COUSIN)

But life will go on and we will nab another WR because after all WR's come a dime a dozen but not elite players

Advertisement
If he commits to THE U we love him if he commits else where we **** on him...I see how the game is played...

I wish we could have him...hands down...it will be another piece that we lost (ESPECIALLY IF BARROW IS YOUR COUSIN)

But life will go on and we will nab another WR because after all WR's come a dime a dozen but not elite players

Will you get your head out of your *** for crying out loud?

this. I've heard about 50 south Florida kids say they have a cousin or some relative that was on the team/currently is & they went elsewhere. Not even to mention that barrow and lane aren't cousins, they're just family friends. Lane rates their relationship a 6 on how close they are

Last edited by a moderator:

this. I've heard about 50 south Florida kids say they have a cousin or some relative that was on the team/currently is & they went elsewhere. Not even to mention that barrow and lane aren't cousins, they're just family friends. Lane rates their relationship a 6 on how close they were

Dude sent me a pretty emotional PM explaining his displeasure with my stance on the subject. One of many actually. LULZ.

Advertisement

this. I've heard about 50 south Florida kids say they have a cousin or some relative that was on the team/currently is & they went elsewhere. Not even to mention that barrow and lane aren't cousins, they're just family friends. Lane rates their relationship a 6 on how close they were

Dude sent me a pretty emotional PM explaining his displeasure with my stance on the subject. One of many actually. LULZ.

:ibisroflmao: :rollcanes: :ibisroflmao:

If Ermon went to the Canes he would probably end up like Hank or maybe even higher drafted.

If Ermon goes to UF he will end up like Andre Debose or Deonte Thompson.

Who gives a **** THE KID MOVED ON GOOD GRIEF... AND Being a Black man and called a Monkey is pretty good too...

Advertisement
So Lane told the guys at the opening he would narrow his list in the beginning of August. Is that still true to anyone's knowledge?

Advertisement
Back