Enjoy Coach Lashlee While We Have Him

Depends who his replacement is...Lashlee ain't exactly setting the World on fire with his Offensive Philosophy....
I don’t want to lose Lashlee but Miami is 10 years too late for this Offense to be setting the world on fire. Fans are too traumatized with the pro set BS we have been dealing with for so long. Miami needs a Offense and Defense that is creative and takes advantage of our skill players.

Advertisement
Dude, if you think leaving an average paying coordinator job for an SEC HC gig is career suicide, just let me know. You’re flat wrong in literally every possible way and we’ll just agree to wish each other well and not engage in any more dialogue.

There are LITERALLY zero point zero of his peers who would do anything other than tell him to flat out sprint to Nashville were he to be offered that job. I can’t even explain how unanimous and in droves the calls would be. It’s actually comical that people here are insinuating he’d even think about it. It’s the clinical definition of “no brainer”.

As a fan of the human being, I hope he’s offered the job, because he’s a good dude and I tend to wish good people success. As a fan of this program, I hope they can’t get ahold of him or his agent because I’d really like to see what he can do with 2-3 years working here. We’ll see.
Career suicide is too strong. But it’s not exactly a good job and no, 100% of his peers wouldn’t sprint to Nashville, if that was the case, you wouldn’t hear about OCs and DCs rejecting ****** P5 jobs.

IMO, every job can become a spring to a better job, but they are not all equal in chances. You have more chance of going to a Houston and finishing 11 wins than going to Vanderbilt to win 8-9 games. Both will get you big jobs.

I don’t want to lose Lashlee but Miami is 10 years too late for this Offense to be setting the world on fire. Fans are too traumatized with the pro set BS we have been dealing with for so long. Miami needs a Offense and Defense that is creative and takes advantage of our skill players.
We've been eeking out Wins against teams we should be annihilating....Go look at our Off stats...UM should NEVER not be Top 10-15 on Off or Def....PERIOD

it happened once but a lot has to go right for it to happen again. i would hold out for a better job.

I'm not sure why I get so surprised on this board anymore...I've been here plenty long enough to know better. But honestly....are you guys ******* high all the time? I don't understand.

Derek Mason was making more than $3.5M at Vandy. Three point five million dollars per year. Hold out for a better job??? That's in the top third, maybe top quarter of the country. What better job are you holding out for as a 37 year old with no head coaching experience? Alabama? Maybe Ryan Day dies from Covid and you get the Ohio State job? What are you guys smoking?

You don't walk, or trot if Vandy comes calling. You absolutely beeline, SPRINT.

I mean, look at the dude we have RIGHT NOW. Manny Diaz, exactly 1 year ago, was a hotter than **** coordinator with HC aspirations and no experience. He parlayed 4 years of success at Miami into.....Temple. For less than $3M a year. Manny right now at Miami is making about $3.1M a year. But if an SEC school comes calling for $3.5M+ a year, you tell them to pound sand, I'm gonna hang out in Coral Gables and keep chewing on my $900K salary LMAOOOOOOOO.

Y'all really must not have wives and families.

Advertisement
Good chance he won't be with us much longer.

Expect his name to pop up more and more as more coaching vacancies come about. I think the one place to keep a good eye on is Liberty, especially if coach Freeze does get another chance in the SEC.
OR maybe he would like to start his head coaching career somewhere stellar, like Temple.

Advertisement
We've been eeking out Wins against teams we should be annihilating....Go look at our Off stats...UM should NEVER not be Top 10-15 on Off or Def....PERIOD
Assume you're basing that on having South Florida as our recruiting "backyard." Truth is (apologies to Lamar, Duke, etc), our recruiting advantage here seems more like a myth this century.

Expect his name to pop up more and more as more coaching vacancies come about. I think the one place to keep a good eye on is Liberty, especially if coach Freeze does get another chance in the SEC.
Fwiw his wife and kids LOVE South Florida. I can’t see him leaving for a job that’s not one he covets. If King comes back and we’re all expecting him to, there’s zero reason to leave for a bad coaching vacancy.

I'm not sure why I get so surprised on this board anymore...I've been here plenty long enough to know better. But honestly....are you guys ******* high all the time? I don't understand.

Derek Mason was making more than $3.5M at Vandy. Three point five million dollars per year. Hold out for a better job??? That's in the top third, maybe top quarter of the country. What better job are you holding out for as a 37 year old with no head coaching experience? Alabama? Maybe Ryan Day dies from Covid and you get the Ohio State job? What are you guys smoking?

You don't walk, or trot if Vandy comes calling. You absolutely beeline, SPRINT.

I mean, look at the dude we have RIGHT NOW. Manny Diaz, exactly 1 year ago, was a hotter than **** coordinator with HC aspirations and no experience. He parlayed 4 years of success at Miami into.....Temple. For less than $3M a year. Manny right now at Miami is making about $3.1M a year. But if an SEC school comes calling for $3.5M+ a year, you tell them to pound sand, I'm gonna hang out in Coral Gables and keep chewing on my $900K salary LMAOOOOOOOO.

Y'all really must not have wives and families.
If you think they hired Mason at 3.5M, you’re the one who’s high. Franklin was making 2.9M at Vandy his last year.

Lashlee would probably get 2M since they won’t give him the 2.5M they gave to Mason. They will probably go the cheap route.

Herman could’ve been making 3M after 1 year at Houston.

I’d take the 3M in an easy conference to win before getting abused for 3.5 at Vandy.
You must not be a competitive dude to accept more money to get bend over every weeks at Vandy.

Advertisement

Good chance he’s replaced with Major Applewhite.

Wut?

James Franklin parlayed Vandy into like $6.5M at Penn State. And before you say James Franklin and Penn State sucks, that's not the point. The point is a job you can spring into $6.5M a year is literally the opposite of "career suicide".
And James Franklin is probably the only guy in the history of Vandy football to work that parlay magic. The rest have failed. I'd like my odds better here as OC until a non-dead end job opens up.

Advertisement
He would fit in at places like Western Michigan, Appalachian State or Liberty University which are stepping stones for HCs
What does "fit in" mean? Do you mean because he's white with freckles he can only coach overachiever types? He's "fitting in" wonderfully here, and this is the quintessential urban school.

I mean, the expectations are literally zero at Vandy. From the school and the conference. If you can piece together a decent year or two, you can get a ton of dough from someone who does pour resources into the program and expects to win. Aka, pays top dollar for their coaches.

I have absolutely zero idea if Lashlee will be considered or even get an interview. But if he’s offered that job you can bet your *** he’s signing it before it’s done being pushed across the desk, as he should.
If the expectations were zero, they wouldn't be firing Mason after 6 years with 2 bowl appearances. He did basically what every Vandy coach other than Franklin has done, and they ran him off.

Ah... don't forget about mighty USC and Temple, too. Because if one has ever been on those campuses, there's lower-development enclaves only blocks away. LOL And at least Miami's campus is in Thee Gables.

Guys! Guys! I have it on good authority that Blake Baker would be a MUCH better fit at Vandy than Lashlee.

Advertisement
Back