Enjoy Coach Lashlee While We Have Him

Advertisement
You are willing to **** on Lashlee in a pandemic season, yet deflect blame on Yost, who isnt doing **** at Texas Tech in his second season. Gtfo.

Lashlee is easily replaceable.....
yeah, q.e.d.

First the players suck, then the coaches suck, because the players are such great athletes and the coaches arent doing enough with him.

This offense was so pathetic in 2019 and all the OC did was make them a good offensive team with four spring practices.

Focus on cooking, you seem to have better talents there. Football aint it for you.

yeah, q.e.d.

First the players suck, then the coaches suck, because the players are such great athletes and the coaches arent doing enough with him.

This offense was so pathetic in 2019 and all the OC did was make them a good offensive team with four spring practices.

Focus on cooking, you seem to have better talents there. Football aint it for you.
Cooking??...Lol....retire at 59 without a financial worry fhe rest of your life before running your mouth.....

Advertisement
Whenever Lashlee get a HC job be it this year or the next, I'd like to see a coaching tree develop. The natural progression is to put Likens as OC and bring in a new WR coach and a QB coach you can groom to be the next OC. This way you have continuity and the players don't have to learn a new system/playbook.

You can't get to the next level if you're constantly changing your system. Even in a similar system, it takes time for the players to learn the playbook.

Whenever Lashlee get a HC job be it this year or the next, I'd like to see a coaching tree develop. The natural progression is to put Likens as OC and bring in a new WR coach and a QB coach you can groom to be the next OC. This way you have continuity and the players don't have to learn a new system/playbook.

You can't get to the next level if you're constantly changing your system. Even in a similar system, it takes time for the players to learn the playbook.
It has been one of the main keys to Clemson's success.

I get your point and I would agree with you but Likens offenses at ASU weren't good: 49th in 2017 (31.8 ppg) and 59th in 2018 (29.9 ppg).

I think that Lashlee will be gone this year or next, but I don't know if it's ok to promote from within.

Advertisement

This is Likens' first year with Lashlee. There would be hardly any difference in continuity with him taking over as OC vs a hire from outside

This is Likens' first year with Lashlee. There would be hardly any difference in continuity with him taking over as OC vs a hire from outside
Exactly. Garrin Justice was an OC before too. The future OC is already on staff imo.

I got killed for posting enjoy Coach Lashlee. His name is going to be in talks for open HC positions this off-season. I hope he doesn't leave but the reality is he'll be in play for a couple job openings.

I got killed for posting enjoy Coach Lashlee. His name is going to be in talks for open HC positions this off-season. I hope he doesn't leave but the reality is he'll be in play for a couple job openings.

Does anyone that has an athletic subscription know who the other options are?

Advertisement
I get your point and I would agree with you but Likens offenses at ASU weren't good: 49th in 2017 (31.8 ppg) and 59th in 2018 (29.9 ppg).

I think that Lashlee will be gone this year or next, but I don't know if it's ok to promote from within.
They were actually 42nd in points scored in 2017 (31.8), but it's not necessarily and indictment on the OC. It was better than what we did in those years. What did he have to work with? He's also had a year to work in Lashlee's system and if Lashlee stays another year it would be a no brainer. Lashlee learned from Malzahn. Bill Belichick learned from Bill Parcels. Everyone learns from someone else to cut their chops. The only question would be the play calling. Can he call plays as well as Lashlee? Likens put WR's in the league, so he knows how to teach and develop. I just think he's a logical move to keep the progression of the offense moving.

Again, I'd have Likens as OC and bring in a young hot shot QB coach that can recruit and be the next OC down the road.

Last edited:
It has been one of the main keys to Clemson's success.
I agree. You have to maintain continuity so that your players get better in your system. Otherwise, they're constantly learning a new system. If we bring in an outsider as OC, it would be the 3rd OC in 6 years. I like promoting from within if you have the right people. This way you can strategically plan to bring in guys you think you can promote if someone leaves. It doesn't always work out that way, but it's an effective strategy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back