Enjoy Coach Lashlee While We Have Him

It wasn't Briles. It was FSU. Briles has Arkansas in the top 50 in the country in offense and they were around 100th both of the last 2 years. That dude can coach some offense.

You're not wrong, though. It's really, really hard to take a complete tire fire and make it a top unit in the country in one year. The improvement we've seen here with our program is probably close to as good as you can realistically expect. I think we can still be better on offense, but you don't take what we had last year, lose an NFL back, an NFL receiver, add Lashlee and King and it goes from 110th to 10th. Just doesn't happen like that. We were SO BAD last year, and it wasn't all Enos.
Agreed but even a guy like Briles who’s now had success at multiple stops can still look bad in the wrong situation. Lashlee coming here was a gamble. We had nothing on the offensive line, no receivers, no quarterback. It could very easily have turned into 2019 FSU. Which we might have been without King and Jarrid Williams transferring here. While I’m of the opinion that if/when Lashlee leaves, we bring in another no huddle spread guy, I don’t believe that they grow on trees and we can easily hire someone to do as good a job.

Advertisement
Im all for coaches taking promotional moves but I really wish there were some kind of safeguards against coordinators leaving after one season. I just think its really bush league to take a job at the coordinator (or head coach) level then leave after only one season.

I mean, the expectations are literally zero at Vandy. From the school and the conference. If you can piece together a decent year or two, you can get a ton of dough from someone who does pour resources into the program and expects to win. Aka, pays top dollar for their coaches.

I have absolutely zero idea if Lashlee will be considered or even get an interview. But if he’s offered that job you can bet your *** he’s signing it before it’s done being pushed across the desk, as he should.
don't think Lashlee is the build and grow type personality. He wants speed, talent, and exposure to show his Offensive moves....a stepping stone not a building project.

I'm not sure why I get so surprised on this board anymore...I've been here plenty long enough to know better. But honestly....are you guys ******* high all the time? I don't understand.

Derek Mason was making more than $3.5M at Vandy. Three point five million dollars per year. Hold out for a better job??? That's in the top third, maybe top quarter of the country. What better job are you holding out for as a 37 year old with no head coaching experience? Alabama? Maybe Ryan Day dies from Covid and you get the Ohio State job? What are you guys smoking?

You don't walk, or trot if Vandy comes calling. You absolutely beeline, SPRINT.

I mean, look at the dude we have RIGHT NOW. Manny Diaz, exactly 1 year ago, was a hotter than **** coordinator with HC aspirations and no experience. He parlayed 4 years of success at Miami into.....Temple. For less than $3M a year. Manny right now at Miami is making about $3.1M a year. But if an SEC school comes calling for $3.5M+ a year, you tell them to pound sand, I'm gonna hang out in Coral Gables and keep chewing on my $900K salary LMAOOOOOOOO.

Y'all really must not have wives and families.
Wish I could like this post, more. Lol. Ppl post as fans, not realizing these guys have real lives. I’m taking the $3.5m job! Lol. Bama, Clemson, OSU, ND, OU, OK St, Oregon, UGA are not opening anytime soon, and places like Michigan, USC, and possibly LSU ain’t hiring a 1st yr OC w/ up & down results. Lol. If Vandy offers, I’m going to assume Lashlee takes it. That’s a 4x pay raise!!

Advertisement
Lashlee is a competent OC who is running his offense entirely on his own for the first time, except UConn. However, he has plenty of room to grow and is far from elite.

Unfortunately for us we have seen such ineptitude on the staff that merely competent is godly. He’s not as highly desired by others as he is by most of you.

If he’s offered a P5 HC gig he’s gone and he should be, but I don’t think he’s a top choice just yet.

Lashlee is a competent OC who is running his offense entirely on his own for the first time, except UConn. However, he has plenty of room to grow and is far from elite.

Unfortunately for us we have seen such ineptitude on the staff that merely competent is godly. He’s not as highly desired by others as he is by most of you.

If he’s offered a P5 HC gig he’s gone and he should be, but I don’t think he’s a top choice just yet.
I agree not elite but has done decent job considering he was handicapped with the OL and wide receivers he inherited

In the words of DBC, I don’t care 1 iota! Let him go, or let him stay. He is not the problem, but he is not the savior either. 🤷‍♂️We have a Maxwell finalist at QB. Should be better than around 40 offensively with king and the athletes we have. One more thing, wats an “iota”? And why is it’s always just one? Never 2 iotas 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Im all for coaches taking promotional moves but I really wish there were some kind of safeguards against coordinators leaving after one season. I just think its really bush league to take a job at the coordinator (or head coach) level then leave after only one season.
Tennessee Lane Kiffin approves this message.

1606779590168.png

That’s good news. Been too long since UM has had an assistant on staff good enough to be a Hot commodity in the HC market.

Manny will have an easier time making elite hires if his coordinators turn into HCs.

Advertisement
The reason why we have had success is King. Lashlee could bounce and it really wouldn’t make a difference. Next year will really see if he’s all that as an OC with Van Dyke

What does "fit in" mean? Do you mean because he's white with freckles he can only coach overachiever types? He's "fitting in" wonderfully here, and this is the quintessential urban school.

No, that's not what I meant. Those are solid mid level programs with tempered expectations, attracting kids who have a point to prove. They allow up and coming coaches to hone their skills and assemble a core staff, without the pressure of instant success.

... and to your point, Manny isn't leaving for the next 2 to 3 years, so it is not an option for Lashlee in the near future....

He isn't going to be HC at the U in the next

Advertisement
Depends who his replacement is...Lashlee ain't exactly setting the World on fire with his Offensive Philosophy....
Turned the worst offense in the country into an above average squad that has carried the team in multiple games whilst having the same personnel except for once position.

The only reason you dislike Lashlee is because you didnt get your favourite kid Yost, who isnt really setting the world on fire either.

The reason why we have had success is King. Lashlee could bounce and it really wouldn’t make a difference. Next year will really see if he’s all that as an OC with Van Dyke
Thats why King took a redshirt in 2019, because he was so successful and the OC didnt matter, right?

You
Turned the worst offense in the country into an above average squad that has carried the team in multiple games whilst having the same personnel except for once position.

The only reason you dislike Lashlee is because you didnt get your favourite kid Yost, who isnt really setting the world on fire either.
You dont know me...or anything about me....Go look at our Off Stats before proclaiming him some savant....

Yost had the #1 Offense in America at F-ing Utah St....Not #46....Texas Techs problem is the Defense....

Advertisement
Back