Enjoy Coach Lashlee While We Have Him

Cane4life18

Senior
Good chance he won't be with us much longer.

Expect his name to pop up more and more as more coaching vacancies come about. I think the one place to keep a good eye on is Liberty, especially if coach Freeze does get another chance in the SEC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good chance he won't be with us much longer.

Expect his name to pop up more and more as more coaching vacancies come about. I think the one place to keep a good eye on is Liberty, especially if coach Freeze does get another chance in the SEC.
So??....Not a huge loss at all...

Change your title to “Enjoy baseless speculation from sports nobodies you never heard of, and who literally have no connections or inside information, but just are trying to get attention for themselves”

This is the same as some run of the mill porster here starting a thread speculating where Lashlee goes, without having any real information.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
As a coach you gotta be smart about the job you take because one wrong move and you back to square 1. I’m not taking the Vandy job because it’s a dead end job. I’m not going to go be hired with them crazy expectations to go get beat on by the top tier SEC squads. Nope

Id be shocked if he left after this year and IMO it would be a mistake. Guy has never interviewed for a HC position. If I was him, I would use this year to take some interviews and get my name out there. Then after next year, after another good year he would have more credibility and be afforded the opportunity to be more selective. Climbing the coaching ladder is a delicate process and I think he appreciates that...look at what has happened to Enos. Guy went from being the hottest OC and possible HC candidate to the RB coach at a group of 5 school in a year.

Edit: A school in the American would be a great first HC job for him.

Wut?

James Franklin parlayed Vandy into like $6.5M at Penn State. And before you say James Franklin and Penn State sucks, that's not the point. The point is a job you can spring into $6.5M a year is literally the opposite of "career suicide".
As fans we look at the job as a terrible one because of their past performances, the conference they're in, and the numerous number of coaches who have failed there before. But coaches just want an opportunity to prove themselves. If you believe in your ability to coach a team to success then you don't care where you land, you just need the opportunity.

Like you said, if a coach can succeed at a school like Vanderbilt then they can expect a big time job offer from a blue blood program to be headed their way.

A first time head coach +the toughest division in CFB is not ideal.

Personally, I think he's here next year barring a dream offer. I think a lot of coaches will be reluctant to move because of the pandemic, particularly those like Lashlee with small kids. Uprooting his family a second time in two years can't sound too appealing to that family.

Advertisement
Back